PDA

View Full Version : Damn crashes!!!

Rain_Man
7th Jun 2006, 23:41
I was just finishing up on the Boat level, need to kill one more guy then escape, I die and load my game back, Boom, Crashes to desktop. I spent 4 hours on that damn mission! :mad2: and now my saves are gone. Seeing as the hitman experience is 80% know how, I can get back to where I was in maybe an hour. But still, this has happened before, and it pisses the freakin' hell out of me! Is there anything I can do to recover my saves in case it happens again!? I see them the 'My documents' hitman folder... There's gotta be a way...

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this crashing problem? Did you manage to fix it?

Xcom
8th Jun 2006, 02:16
Technically, your saves aren't gone.

Go to
c:\documents and settings\[username]\My Documents\Hitman Blood Money\Profiles\[ProfileName]\

There you should see files:

savegame#0.control
savegame#0.data
savegame#1.control
savegame#1.data
savegame#2.control
savegame#2.data
SaveInfo

Now, suppose you've been playing the game, saving progress and then boom - crash. Go to that directory. In there, create another directory and call it "backup". Copy the above files to it. Start your game and load the level, in your case the "boat level". Save your game 3 times in row in different slots.
Alt+Tab to desktop, go to your "backup" dir, copy the files back to "Profile" and return into the game. Now, load the saves.

stegman
8th Jun 2006, 09:56
wow, thats not fidly at all.;)

pAq
8th Jun 2006, 10:30
wow 4 hours on that mission....
I spent 20 minutes first time and no I didn't shoot everyone I actually killed with a few accidents :):nut:

jimnms
8th Jun 2006, 10:52
That's not working for me. I had my first game crash today since I bought it days ago. I'm on the "santa" level, I had completed it, and all I had to do was retrieve my suit and leave. I saved it, then decided to mess around and find some secrets. I finished messing around and was going to re-load and finish the mission when the game crashed. Now I have to do it all over again. :mad2:

OHM
8th Jun 2006, 21:50
If you are using xfire, the CTD issue is now resolved :)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=60633

CurtX
17th Jun 2006, 19:20
Technically, your saves aren't gone.

Go to
c:\documents and settings\[username]\My Documents\Hitman Blood Money\Profiles\[ProfileName]\

There you should see files:

savegame#0.control
savegame#0.data
savegame#1.control
savegame#1.data
savegame#2.control
savegame#2.data
SaveInfo

Now, suppose you've been playing the game, saving progress and then boom - crash. Go to that directory. In there, create another directory and call it "backup". Copy the above files to it. Start your game and load the level, in your case the "boat level". Save your game 3 times in row in different slots.
Alt+Tab to desktop, go to your "backup" dir, copy the files back to "Profile" and return into the game. Now, load the saves.

Does this actually work for anyone, or was this just a theory? Because it is certainly not working for me. I followed the steps exactly. But after I copy from the backup back to the profile and try to reload, it crashes.

Such a stupid save system. Did they actually think the game would never crash and people would never have to restart the mission?

Reien
17th Jun 2006, 20:34
Curt, Its the same save system that they used In Codename 47, and Its great IMHO. Makes the game much harder compared to how easy 2 and 3 are.

And this fix works fine from waht Iv read on hitmanforum.com.

CurtX
18th Jun 2006, 05:50
The game keeps crashing and I keep having to start missions from the beginning. That's not challenging, that's just ridiculous. Challenge is when a game gives you a chance to make the right choices. But crashing and making me start from scratch right before you almost finish a mission is beyond my control.

solson
18th Jun 2006, 18:19
You guys should feel lucky. I have yet to complete the training mission without the game crashing. I have been messing around with sound card drivers, because that's what they tell me is the problem, since I got the game two weeks ago. Funny thing is, every other game I have been playing, FEAR, Doom 3, Quake 4, Half Life 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Gun... all play perfectly on my system.