PDA

View Full Version : cops work with the baddies apparently

nurb
7th Jun 2006, 20:13
I decided to test the AI, so during the mardi gras level I got the guys in the bird suits to shoot at me. Then I ran toward the cops, thinking they might react to these mascots shooting at an unarmed guy in a way that reflects reality. Protect and serve.

what I discovered tho, was more like "A BUNCHA BIRD SUITED PEOPLE SHOOTING AT THAT UNARMED BALD MAN? THEY MUST BE ON TO SOMETHING!!" BLAMBLAMBLAMDEAD.

I suggest an AI tweak in the next patch where it isn't one size fits all kinda thing. Imagine what we could do if the cops saw I had no weapon and decided to protect me by opening up on the albinos in suits. At least make that an option so the bodyguards, cops, and bad guys don't all appear to be in contact with each other.

martin88
7th Jun 2006, 20:39
Even in San Andreas, which is hardly known for AI, the cops would shoot the right guy.
In fact, even Postal 2 of all things had good cop AI.

sammy
7th Jun 2006, 21:35
I haven't played BM (because Eidos forgot to test it before release), but I can now see the terrible AI in these games. For example, in Contracts, in the first mission. If I get in the SWAT team uniform and pick up a shotgun and walk next to some guards, they will tear me up. The uniform doesn't expose my face at all, so how the hell did they know? Even if I don't hold a weapon, the same thing will happen.

My first impressions were that the AI was great, but I now see how terrible it is. It completely takes away from the Hitman experience, and makes the game feel like trial and error.

Don't think I'm gonna buy the next Hitman... :o

suckow
7th Jun 2006, 23:26
This isn't the only problem on the NOL level.

The cops guarding the entrace to the bars say that you can't get in without a costume. Well if you come back in costume they still won't let you in. :mad2: What's worse is if you find another way in, but then decide to exit through the front door they'll just start shooting at you as soon as you open the door.

Overall I liked this level, but the behavior of the cops is definitely bugged.

Rain_Man
7th Jun 2006, 23:28
I agree. I did the same thing you did in the mardi gras level. Got the girl to chase and shoot at me, cops did absolutley nothing. I also noticed that if you kill the sniper on that level, the girl will run up and slash the politician's throat... All the while the secret service stands there like idiots...

I wish the developers can put more time in working out the bugs, I feel like i'm playing a beta.

nurb
7th Jun 2006, 23:57
The cops guarding the entrace to the bars say that you can't get in without a costume. Well if you come back in costume they still won't let you in. :mad2: What's worse is if you find another way in, but then decide to exit through the front door they'll just start shooting at you as soon as you open the door.

you need to have a costume for that particular club. like the blues club has people dressed like the blues brothers, and the rebel club has them dressed like cowboys or something

suckow
8th Jun 2006, 00:17
you need to have a costume for that particular club. like the blues club has people dressed like the blues brothers, and the rebel club has them dressed like cowboys or something

Ahhh! I guess that makes some sense, although it's far from obvious. I figured that a costume was a costume. I mean I've been to themed costume parties, but never one where they would shoot you just for having the wrong kind of costume. :eek:

In the end it didn't mater. I found this level to be pretty easy as long as you didn't forget about the "costume police" and exit the any of the bars through the front door. ****

stegman
8th Jun 2006, 09:55
I wish the developers can put more time in working out the bugs, I feel like i'm playing a beta.

It would seem that way. Looks like it was rushed for release.

stainit
8th Jun 2006, 10:11
Even in San Andreas, which is hardly known for AI, the cops would shoot the right guy.
In fact, even Postal 2 of all things had good cop AI.
even in the older GTAs they didn't have that problem, and if even Postal 2 had better cop AI than HM:BM, IO has something to think about. :/

jimnms
8th Jun 2006, 10:37
I also noticed that if you kill the sniper on that level, the girl will run up and slash the politician's throat... All the while the secret service stands there like idiots...
That didn't happen for me. :scratch: I killed both the gunmen, then had to go hunt her down. I rigged the piano to fall on her head. :D

The first time I played it I killed her first. I ran into her on the street and recognized her, so I followed her and took her out. I screwed up and restarted the level and killed off the other two chickens first. She didn't do anything except walk around in the crowd.

Ahhh! I guess that makes some sense, although it's far from obvious. I figured that a costume was a costume.

Yeah maybe they should put some signs on the wall or something to let people know. :rolleyes:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1626/hmsign33wg.th.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmsign33wg.jpg) http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3825/hmsign15qj.th.jpg (http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmsign15qj.jpg) http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9682/hmsign27jd.th.jpg (http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmsign27jd.jpg)

I found the best "costume" to wear the kitchen staff, then you can go anywhere. There's one place where you have to be a kitchen staffer to get in without alarming someone anyway.

stegman
8th Jun 2006, 10:50
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9682/hmsign27jd.th.jpg

"Blues Oyster"
The Blue Oyster was the gay bar in police acadamy!!:lol:
I wonna take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gaybar

martin88
8th Jun 2006, 12:01
I realized that too.
Awesome.

Maybe IO arn't too experienced with AI programming?

DucusSumus
8th Jun 2006, 14:37
The AI hasn't changed too much throughout the series, and that's the problem. It's quite believable if you don't test it, but it will do lots of stupid things if you do.

I assume that one of the major changes that will be made for the next Hitman title will be the AI.

suckow
8th Jun 2006, 16:06
Yeah maybe they should put some signs on the wall or something to let people know. :rolleyes:

LOL - OK I'm an idiot. :o I'm so used to these kind of textures in games being meaningless "urban" scenery that I never even looked at them.

DeadMisfit
9th Jun 2006, 10:10
You could also just syringe the piglet in the alley. With a pig uniform on you can walk into any bar. But yeah, the piggies are as realistic as the people who dance to NO MUSIC in a couple stages.

rivalhead
9th Jun 2006, 22:19
In the hotel where you start, go up stairs north ways and towards the ICA thing on your map and carry round and in the next room on your right i htink there is a guy asleep in the bed and 1 in shower and a spare waiter suit in there!found it by climbing up 1 of the poles in the alley!good luck