PDA

View Full Version : Transporting a rifle?

Rain_Man
7th Jun 2006, 15:35
It seems every single time I pick up a rifle or non-concealable weapon I get shot at. What's the point? Am I missing something here? Is there a way to hide it or actually get to use it without having every enemy on the level after me?

Alright, so maybe I could just get a guard suit... Still, how am I supposed to get this damn thing back to my hideout and be able to use it in a later mission? just escape the level with a guard suit? But I don't wanna, I want to leave the level with my old suit as it's evidence.

Just how the hell am I supposed to do this!?

Let me give you an example...

The suburb level. How am I supposed to transfer the air rifle to my hideout? I can't even walk across the street with it without getting shot at.

DucusSumus
7th Jun 2006, 16:18
You can't really. Unless you're on the Mississippi wedding misison, in which case all of the hicks won't find your weapons suspicious.

suckow
7th Jun 2006, 16:25
Alright, so maybe I could just get a guard suit... Still, how am I supposed to get this damn thing back to my hideout and be able to use it in a later mission? just escape the level with a guard suit? But I don't wanna, I want to leave the level with my old suit as it's evidence.

While it's true that your suit is evidence, it is automatically recovered for you after every mission. There is (of course) a fee for this service, but it's pretty nominal. Also, as far as I can tell, leaving you suit behind doesn't affect your rating at all.

So, if you really want to bring that rifle out with you, do it with the proper disguise and don't worry about your suit.

stegman
8th Jun 2006, 10:10
Thats quite realistic if you ask me.
Try stuffing a long rifle down our pants in real life with out looking suspicious.
I'm sure people would be alerted if you walked across the street with a ruddy great weapon in your hands.

Why not try the unrealistic way? Dress as a guard, take the gun as close to the exit as possible. Then run back put you ICA issue suite back on, return to the gun and walk across the finishing line:whistle:

suckow
8th Jun 2006, 16:03
Try stuffing a long rifle down our pants in real life with out looking suspicious.

Mae West's voice - "Is that a long rifle in your pants or are you just happy to see me?" ;)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :)

jimnms
9th Jun 2006, 08:47
When you replay a mission it doesn't count against you if you do worse. It says in the manual if you replay a mission and you do better, you get the difference in cash between the first time you played it and this time. Also if you replay the mission and get a lower notoriety it will lower your current notoriety.

I've replayed a couple of missions and just went in killing everything just to get the guns out and it hasn't hurt my score.

Thats quite realistic if you ask me.
I agree it's realistic, but if the guy can stuf 7 pistols and three SMG's in his suit without looking suspicious, surely he could fit an M4 or a shotgun in there too. :D

Xcom
9th Jun 2006, 13:30
Also, as far as I can tell, leaving you suit behind doesn't affect your rating at all.

In Pro difficulty, leaving your suit or custom weapon will ruin SA rating.

Buzku
9th Jun 2006, 21:37
What about the ICA-boxes? They are empty and you can store weapons there. So will they be at your use if you leave them there and exit?

stegman
12th Jun 2006, 10:34
I agree it's realistic, but if the guy can stuf 7 pistols and three SMG's in his suit without looking suspicious, surely he could fit an M4 or a shotgun in there too. :D

:lol: His suit is magic though. Ever notice how quickly he gets it on and off? And how neetly he folds it, and that when putting it back on, there are no creases in it? I need one of those for work.:thumbsup:

jimnms
13th Jun 2006, 01:23
:lol: His suit is magic though. Ever notice how quickly he gets it on and off? And how neetly he folds it, and that when putting it back on, there are no creases in it? I need one of those for work.:thumbsup:
Also notice how he can pump a guy full of holes, and change outfits with the dead guy, and there's not one drop of blood or any bullet holes in the clothes.

stegman
13th Jun 2006, 13:20
Also notice how he can pump a guy full of holes, and change outfits with the dead guy, and there's not one drop of blood or any bullet holes in the clothes.
:eek: they all have magical clothes...made of mithryl cotton :eek:

julio_vega914
13th Jun 2006, 16:00
the non consealable weapons in this game are a joke, intended for nothing other then having a bit of fun after you beat the mission. If you ever actually need a rifle, you are doing something wrong.

Anyway, if you want to take a rifle out of a map, you can dress up as a guard (or something) and place it near the exit, and pick it up again later, or better off, once you get your SA rating you can just come back and do a more crude job of it, and kill everyone on the map. It wont matter, because you already beat the mission on sa anyway