PDA

View Full Version : Crash on River Boat/Skip Mulldoon level

G_Man_007
5th Jun 2006, 20:24
I'm getting crashes on the Skip Mulldoon level, marked by a screen freeze and static sound, though not to desktop, and I have to use the reboot button to restart my system.

I'm running an AMD Athlon 2600XP, 1 GB ram, 6600GT AGP, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, drivers are up to date, though the changes I made recently are:

- Installation of Logitech MX518 mouse and Saitek Eclipse keyboard
- Driver update of Nvidia card to forceware 84.21 following installation of Half Life Episode One.

I wasn't having crashes on that level, or anywhere else in the game prior to this, I haven't checked for similar crashes in previous levels since noticing this problem, but I have uninstalled the Nvidia driver (should have done this in the first place, as I installed the 84.21 without uninstalling the old one), and reinstalled the 84.21, but I haven't checked to see if the problem has gone away. I have fiddled with the Creative settings in the Control Panel to turn down the hardware settings, but that hasn't worked, and I was dubious about the problem being the sound card or its drivers.

Any ideas?

Reien
5th Jun 2006, 21:06
Try getting the newest drivers, go to http://www.filefront.com and search for 91.28_forceware_winxp2k_english, the demo runs a lot smoother on my FX 5200, so It might help you out some.

G_Man_007
5th Jun 2006, 21:52
Cheers for that, I'll give it a try.

BrandonB
5th Jun 2006, 22:57
Cheers for that, I'll give it a try.

From what I hear the saitek board can cause problems, from personal experience anything saitek I have owned just doesn't cooperate. I dont know if the board causes problems on all games or just some, but the drivers might have caused your problem?

Alexlovesguns
6th Jun 2006, 13:23
P4 2.4 , audigy2 zs, 1.5 gig ram, 6600 GT. All drivers updated.
We share the same sound and graphics card yet my game didnt crash there..

Running the game from the original game exe. are we? ;) .

G_Man_007
6th Jun 2006, 13:41
P4 2.4 , audigy2 zs, 1.5 gig ram, 6600 GT. All drivers updated.
We share the same sound and graphics card yet my game didnt crash there..

Running the game from the original game exe. are we? ;) .Always.:rasp: