PDA

View Full Version : Blood money, working or not?

stegman
5th Jun 2006, 14:15
Is Hitman: Blood Money;

a) Perfectly playable, no problems at all?
or
b) Not playable due to crashes, bugs and errors?

Note there is no third option.
Not interested if "it didn't work but now, after upgrading Ram, grapfics card, card drivers, directX, installing patch and turning down the sound acceliration, it does" then please choose B as the game did not satisfactoraly.

robert champion
5th Jun 2006, 14:28
i just got the game and i have what it says u need to play the game buy it dont work i dont tink they tested this game
:mad2:

stegman
5th Jun 2006, 14:31
I totaly agree. Interesting results at the moment.
I think Eidos should be watching this thread closely...

Illuminattile
5th Jun 2006, 16:06
If I can't find a resolution to the problem with my game, I'm gonna have to return it and get the PS2 version.

It runs so sluggishly on my brand new laptop that I can't play it, it doesn't work at all on my desktop and it freezes up on the "Dance With the Devil" level on my other desktop.

dac10
5th Jun 2006, 16:13
errrm i agree that eidos shouldt have released the game with this many bugs but, for the purpose of this poll. this is like a hospital! your gonna get a lot of sick people in here. i doubt your results will reflect whats really going on. imo

whoremoan
5th Jun 2006, 20:49
I've been looking forward to this game for a long time.
I pre ordered it and got it the day it came out. unfortunatly I played the first two levels and then havn't been able to play it till today.
Started Curtain call & I get the crash to desktop problem about 30 seconds into the level.
I've got all the latest Nvidia drivers, latest patch etc.
So what little gaming time I get I have spent looking for a solution to this damn game :mad2:

Reien
5th Jun 2006, 20:56
I've been looking forward to this game for a long time.
I pre ordered it and got it the day it came out. unfortunatly I played the first two levels and then havn't been able to play it till today.
Started Curtain call & I get the crash to desktop problem about 30 seconds into the level.
I've got all the latest Nvidia drivers, latest patch etc.
So what little gaming time I get I have spent looking for a solution to this damn game :mad2:

For that problem you need to turn off your 'Sound Acceleration' In the dxdiag:

Start Menu - Run - Dxdiag - Sound Tab - Move the ticker all the way to the left.

That should work, but Its going to sound like crap for that whole level. After that level you should be able to set it back to full.

Other then that the game Is bugged out.

webe123
5th Jun 2006, 21:49
errrm i agree that eidos shouldt have released the game with this many bugs but, for the purpose of this poll. this is like a hospital! your gonna get a lot of sick people in here. i doubt your results will reflect whats really going on. imo

Sorry, but you are wrong. There are other people complaining about this game...not just on this forum.

Illuminattile
5th Jun 2006, 23:11
Can I take back my vote? :D

Reinstalled some drivers and it's working OK now on this PC. Still don't know why it wouldn't run on my laptop, but at least i can finish the game now.

BrandonB
5th Jun 2006, 23:15
You need a third option: C: Yes, the game runs fine but crashes/lockups sometimes. That would be my vote...

Xcom
5th Jun 2006, 23:42
It may run fine and then crash later. We've seen that.
It may crash now and after fix, patch, driver update or whatever run fine. We've seen that too.

This poll is pointless.

stegman
6th Jun 2006, 09:16
@BrandonB

No, we don't need a third option. Does the game run, or is it unplayable?
That’s the point here.
If it;
Runs with no errors or crashes at all, then your answer is A
If it;
Crashes at all or straight away or there is anything that affects your enjoyment of the game in any way, then your answer is B

@Xcom

No it isn't pointless. I want to see what percentage of players are unhappy with the release.

If you can play the game at the time of your voting then say: A
Else, if you get any crashes (in my opinion you should have NONE from a and new game) then say: B

The basic issue here is that the game should run perfectly. Eidos are a professional company and should be able to release a profesional feeling product. Hitman Blood Money is very unprofessional and feels like a community built Beta release due to all is teething problems that’s, lets face it, should have been squashed during the testing process.

This is not meant to be a slanging match, just a study of how many paying customers have "faulty" goods. I'm sure the game is great fun with very impresive graphics etc...if people could play it.

[EDIT]: Don't you find it interesting that of the 14 people that voted, only 3 of them (so far) can play the game?

sleepyrice
6th Jun 2006, 11:10
So I'm probably an average user, just got a new HP dv5000 laptop (2 months ago)

AMD Turion 64
ML-40
787 MHz, 1.00GB RAM
ATI Radeon 200m

Of course excited I run out and get the PC game (I travel alot - otherwise would have got the Playstation version) and it doesn't work.

First I have to go and get the .dll and then once the game is up and going I can't even get off the dock as the graphics are so bad (even on the lowest setting)

If I have him look straight up (at a white sky) he can get moving - wow - what fun.

I know you guys might say - get a better machine - but you know I just paid $1400 for this one. It runs HUGE photoshop files without a hitch. And has better performance than my last two HP's (which ran earlier versions of Hitman just fine) So tell me - what's going on..

To play a game like this you have to have 2k+ to get a gaming laptop?

I don't get it, but I can't return it, so I guess I've got it.

Out of Sanity
6th Jun 2006, 12:52
For me the game works wonderfull , sure still some bugs and glitches but nothing that couldnt been fixed

so its gonne be "A"

and a little little bit of "B" ;)

DucusSumus
6th Jun 2006, 13:40
The game runs perfectly for me. Great frame rate, excellent image quality, and no crashes. System specs:

AMD 64 3000+ CPU
Nvidia 256 MB 7900 GT
1 GB DDR RAM

dac10
6th Jun 2006, 14:09
Sorry, but you are wrong. There are other people complaining about this game...not just on this forum.

i love how you just explicitly say im wrong without the slightest amount of thought to it. yes i am "more" right than you are, if you read my post correctly you should have relised that i said "for the purpose of THIS poll". why would people want to post in here unless a) they wanted hints and tips, which they could easily get without posting, or b) they couldnt get it working! in that case all youd mostly get in this poll is "no it doesnt work correctly".
i also believe there should be a third option. cause mine is now working, but very crapply.

stegman
6th Jun 2006, 15:02
...i also believe there should be a third option. cause mine is now working, but very crapply.

Does it run with out a problem?
Yes?
Then Choose A
No?
Then Choose B

I didn't want to see "it runs ok but crashes alot" and i didn't want to see "It didn't work, but after i upgraded direct X, graphic drivers, Ram, Graphic card and installed Patch 1.1, now it does"

No inbetweenies.
Yes.
No.
Perfectly simple.

clockwork9
6th Jun 2006, 16:20
Does it run with out a problem?
I didn't want to see "it runs ok but crashes alot" and i didn't want to see "It didn't work, but after i upgraded direct X, graphic drivers, Ram, Graphic card and installed Patch 1.1, now it does"

No inbetweenies. Yes. No. Perfectly simple.

Jeez what are, under oath? My two cents; I don't see it that simply either. My copy has problems but they do not make the game "not playable." Conversely, the game is not perfect with "no problems at all." There is a grey area here.

Xcom
6th Jun 2006, 20:01
The basic issue here is that the game should run perfectly. Eidos are a professional company and should be able to release a profesional feeling product. Hitman Blood Money is very unprofessional and feels like a community built Beta release due to all is teething problems that’s, lets face it, should have been squashed during the testing process.

No game has ever been perfect right from the get go (I think with the exception of Tetris).

Secondly, I don't understand why this kind of criticism is coming from you. You stated somewhere else that you have GF4. It's is obvious the game doesn't work well for you because the card isn't supported and is below minimum required to play the game. Now, you may complain why the game doesn't support your video card, but you cannot state that the game is buggy or a poor quality product.

Lastly, I don't appreciate someone going on pesonal crusades, speaking on behalf of "people" and impersonating human rights activists. You've been repeteadly bashing the game in several threads. This is not what this forum is for and is against forum's terms of use. Try to be more constructive in the future. Thank you.

[EDIT]: Don't you find it interesting that of the 14 people that voted, only 3 of them (so far) can play the game?

No, I don't. As someone said before, it's a hospital effect. People with problems tend to be more vocal, therefore the poll won't reflect the truth.

stegman
7th Jun 2006, 08:44
No game has ever been perfect right from the get go (I think with the exception of Tetris).

Secondly, I don't understand why this kind of criticism is coming from you. You stated somewhere else that you have GF4. It's is obvious the game doesn't work well for you because the card isn't supported and is below minimum required to play the game. Now, you may complain why the game doesn't support your video card, but you cannot state that the game is buggy or a poor quality product.

Lastly, I don't appreciate someone going on personal crusades, speaking on behalf of "people" and impersonating human rights activists. You've been repeatedly bashing the game in several threads. This is not what this forum is for and is against forum's terms of use. Try to be more constructive in the future. Thank you.

No, I don't. As someone said before, it's a hospital effect. People with problems tend to be more vocal, therefore the poll won't reflect the truth.
Xcom,

Yes i agree i did start my rant before i found out that my card was not supported and definitely went over board with the criticism in several threads and will gladly try and find and edit those posts. I would also like to bring your atention to this post;
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=576691&postcount=69.
But there does appear to be a big problem with allot of people (more than the current 11 of the 14 voters) that are unable to run or play this game satisfactorily. I accept that i will never be able to play until i upgrade, but what about the people who should be able to play?

I also agree that "No game has ever been perfect right from the get go" but for so many people with correct configuration to not be able to play (excluding myself) then there is obviously something wrong.

As for the "hospital effect" and it being interesting or not, i think you must agree that this poll, whilst not being fair, will give a fairly accurate portrayal of the numbers of people with problems if not the number of people with out a problem.

[EDIT]All old posts have been edited in light of my own error.

stegman
7th Jun 2006, 09:30
Jeez what are, under oath? My two cents; I don't see it that simply either. My copy has problems but they do not make the game "not playable." Conversely, the game is not perfect with "no problems at all." There is a grey area here.
Sorry you feel this way.

If you can play the game as intended, vote "yes";)

webe123
7th Jun 2006, 11:07
i love how you just explicitly say im wrong without the slightest amount of thought to it. yes i am "more" right than you are, if you read my post correctly you should have relised that i said "for the purpose of THIS poll". why would people want to post in here unless a) they wanted hints and tips, which they could easily get without posting, or b) they couldnt get it working! in that case all youd mostly get in this poll is "no it doesnt work correctly".
i also believe there should be a third option. cause mine is now working, but very crapply.

So you are saying that the ONLY reason that people would come on here and post, is about the problems and nothing else? I still think you are wrong! There are people on here posting about the game in general and NOT just on the problems!

Read MY post before you comment.

Xcom
7th Jun 2006, 11:27
I accept that i will never be able to play until i upgrade, but what about the people who should be able to play?

Let us allow those people to speak for themselves. ;)
However, I don't deny that there are bugs in the game, but I imagine Eidos and IOI are working on it as we speak.

As for the "hospital effect" and it being interesting or not, i think you must agree that this poll, whilst not being fair, will give a fairly accurate portrayal of the numbers of people with problems if not the number of people with out a problem.

I am sorry but I cannot agree with that. A poll is an instrument of collecting statistics and if it isn't fair, it's flawed. Just as I said before, at this point in time majority of users in this forum may very well vote that the game doesn't work for them, however, some time later -- when the new patch is released -- most of the problems might be fixed, but the users won't be able to change their votes back. Now imagine that over a couple of months from now, a new member comes to the forum and sees this poll. This may give him/her fundamentally wrong idea about the quality of the game.

stegman
7th Jun 2006, 11:45
I am sorry but I cannot agree with that. A poll is an instrument of collecting statistics and if it isn't fair, it's flawed. Just as I said before, at this point in time majority of users in this forum may very well vote that the game doesn't work for them, however, some time later -- when the new patch is released -- most of the problems might be fixed, but the users won't be able to change their votes back. Now imagine that over a couple of months from now, a new member comes to the forum and sees this poll. This may give him/her fundamentally wrong idea about the quality of the game.

That is my point exactly.
I appreciate that many games have a few glitches (not being able to move when crouching, or silly things like that). And I'm sure they will fix the problems as best they can in the near future.
I just wanted to see how many people are unable to play it due to major faults and CTDs. There appear to be quite a few different threads with people saying the same thing.
I though this thread could be a collection point and, while not showing the number of successes, would show the number of failures and see if it represented an unacceptably high number. Of course i couldn't tell you what would be deemed as unacceptable only the publisher and programmers could do that.

Snowy Joe
7th Jun 2006, 13:12
it seems we have lots of people banging their heads on the walls :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

The problem with every thing these days is presure. Every one is in a hurry to finnish it as quick as possible. Wouldn't it be better if they didn't rush it and acturally made the best game ever?
So I blam you us! the fans are screaming out for the game which makes the producers rush it.

I'm including myself in this one, so the best solution is to stop playing games and go out side and play with your friends. Who knows you might even play a funner game than hit man

OK I don't know what I said just know, but I think I'm crazy. I think I hit my self too hard. Ummm good night every one

stegman
7th Jun 2006, 13:28
it seems we have lots of people banging their heads on the walls :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

The problem with every thing these days is presure. Every one is in a hurry to finnish it as quick as possible. Wouldn't it be better if they didn't rush it and acturally made the best game ever?
So I blam you us! the fans are screaming out for the game which makes the producers rush it.

I'm including myself in this one, so the best solution is to stop playing games and go out side and play with your friends. Who knows you might even play a funner game than hit man

OK I don't know what I said just know, but I think I'm crazy. I think I hit my self too hard. Ummm good night every one
Why not go out and actually play "Hitman"?!
You could have some chick on a mobile pretending to be Dianna and you could go out and play as 47;
Mark: The old grumpy git that lives on the corner. (see enclosed crappy 1megapixel photo).
Method: Hide a water pistol in a box of groceries and let the delivery guy put it in the kitchen.
Infiltration:Sneak in the back (quietly, so you don't wake his 13 year old, toothless, dog) and make your way to the kitchen,
Execution: Retrieve the water pistol and squirt the old man in the face as he listens to the 'wireless' causing him to have a cardiac arest! Then place a half full glass of water next to him, making it look like he spilt his drink as he died.
Exfiltration: Slip out the back (watch that dog mind) and hop over the fence before calling that chick to request "payment" and your next job.

...or just play touch, or football. :lol:

ongbak
9th Jun 2006, 07:14
I can't play this game as i have no ingame sound due to every sound sample repeatedly stuttering and its impossible to hear what people are saying. Installed patch, drivers etc but nothing worked.

Emailed tech support 2 weeks ago and have not heard a thing. When i pay £30 for somthing i expect it to work.

sonyack
9th Jun 2006, 13:50
I agree that this game is glitchy. I have to quit and defrag and restart to solve some of the annoying problems, like the sound in dialogs quitting prematurely, non-functioning use button, movie dialog lagging behind subtitles, and the most aggravating of all, saved games not showing up again when you have exited the game and then restart the level [couple of times I lost even the level], even though I was careful to save the profile. I am thinking of returning the pc version and getting the xbox 360 one, even though that would be $20 more, but then, the demo would not let me switch thumbsticks and I play lefty, so I would be taking a chance that the full game won't permit thumbstick switching either...

silentwraith
10th Jun 2006, 04:57
There is NO SUCH A THING as perfect software. THERE ARE ALWAYS bugs of some sort. Writing perfect programs for the pc market is IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE BUILDING A TEST ENVIRONMENT ENCOMPASING THE ENTIRE HARDWARE DIVERSITY IN THE PC WORLD IS NOT FEASIBLE, especially when you add to the equation various running processes from myriads of software that could be running on any of 100's of millions of machines. If it is such a contention that the software should be perfect, pay big bucks for an Apple machine since apple is a closed architecture system without "a lot" of diversity. Or, buy a game console.

Game runs fine for me with exception of a few input hangs from time to time (very infrequent, though). I have always played my games on the most difficult setting. I have started out playing BM on professional and as yet cannot achieve silent assassin on "A Vintage Year" even though I fiber wire both targets, raise no alerts, have no bodies found, 0 notoriety, 0 noise and 0 violence. This gives me professional rating only. What gives?

richg67
10th Jun 2006, 06:38
The second option should read AND/OR since not everyone had ALL those issues. The only issue I have is the save game issue. You save but upon reloading the game there is no way to reload where you left off. And it crashed on me ONE TIME and I don't blame the game on that it could have been the virus protection running in the background. Now perhaps the save game issue was intended as Hitman is SUPPOSED to be played with NO saves whatsoever so therefore I voted no problems. I will beat the game one more time on Pro.

I did have crash issues before so I uninstalled all sound drivers and reinstalled them from the CD that came with the Motherboard and that fixed it. Seems the new updated drivers where at fault. Incidently I did NOT turn off sound acceleration that started to make the sound glitchy I now have it on FULL acceleration with outdated drivers.

weetabix
10th Jun 2006, 07:07
I don't have any major problems with the game. One time the game did throw itself to desktop (Curtains down -level), but other that that none of the crashes have been my problem. Sometimes the guards talk is't heard (when it says stop, i have to search you or similar), but that you can deduce.

Game runs fine with the patched version using Collectors Edition -version.

Great game I may add.

I don't use any AA/HDR/Anisotropic or similar and it still is beautiful to watch.

stegman
12th Jun 2006, 10:03
There is NO SUCH A THING as perfect software. THERE ARE ALWAYS bugs of some sort. Writing perfect programs for the pc market is IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE BUILDING A TEST ENVIRONMENT ENCOMPASING THE ENTIRE HARDWARE DIVERSITY IN THE PC WORLD IS NOT FEASIBLE, especially when you add to the equation various running processes from myriads of software that could be running on any of 100's of millions of machines. If it is such a contention that the software should be perfect, pay big bucks for an Apple machine since apple is a closed architecture system without "a lot" of diversity. Or, buy a game console.

Game runs fine for me with exception of a few input hangs from time to time (very infrequent, though). I have always played my games on the most difficult setting. I have started out playing BM on professional and as yet cannot achieve silent assassin on "A Vintage Year" even though I fiber wire both targets, raise no alerts, have no bodies found, 0 notoriety, 0 noise and 0 violence. This gives me professional rating only. What gives?

My, aren’t you impressive? Only ever play games on Hardest do you? ooh, your so manly, I’m impressed.

I also only ever play on hardest as games these days present no chalenge as the story seems more important than challenge recently.

Hint; try looking for video cameras. your obviously doing something wrong mate.

DucusSumus
12th Jun 2006, 15:47
My guess is that you are on professional difficulty and you are exiting the level in a disguise. You need to retrieve your suit if you want SA.

silentwraith
13th Jun 2006, 06:26
Why do you have to act like a jerk, stegman? Sound like a 10 year old school boy.

I figured out how to make it through the mission without changing into a disguise. Finally got my SA. I wish curtains down would allow for executing the mission without changing into a disguise. Tried a few times to do so, but the timing of the workers and guards makes it impossible.

stegman
13th Jun 2006, 09:02
Why do you have to act like a jerk, stegman? Sound like a 10 year old school boy.

...sorry. was quite imature. I'm actually 27 years old, and sat at my desk in work and was getting some flak from several 'vallued customers' (vallued my arse).

Well done on finishing that level. I am still unable to play, so you go brother!

solson
21st Jun 2006, 14:50
I have not yet been able to complete the Training Mission due to crash to desktop - every single time.

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2), Athlon XP 3200+, Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (Also tried Radeon X800XT AIW with the same results), 1.5 GB RAM, (2) Western Digital 250 GB, 16 MB Cache, SATA's in RAID 0. FEAR, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Quake 4, Gun, Far Cry... all play perfectly.

Does anyone remember when Hitman: Contracts first came out? Anyone with an ATI powered video card could not play the game until a patch came out weeks later. And that game was delayed for months from the original release date. Anyone else see a trend???

*agent47*
23rd Jun 2006, 10:05
HITMAN IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE

I LOVE IT. HITMAN RULEZ

EVERY WHERE I GO MY NICKNAME IS *AGENT47*

THERE IS NO BETTER GAME ANYWHERE

i spent £220 on a better graphics card and ram just so i can play this game.

now i am going to sell my graphics card as i have finished.

i will now buy it on xbox 360!!!!! ;) ;)

CKcentral
23rd Jun 2006, 11:43
The game was working fine for me, but now im repeatedly getting hard locks and its pissing me off:scratch:

H34D5H07
23rd Jun 2006, 16:27
apart from the menu which is as slow as sh1t; the game worked perfect for me, i also had a crash on that porn tycoon mission. But thats all :thumbsup:

Sentinel79
4th Jul 2006, 08:17
P4 2.8c
x800xl agp (current catalyst)
1Gb OCZ dual channel pc4000
Audigy internal (current drivers)

... I installed bloodmoney ... installed the 1.2 patch ... even lowered all my graphic and audio to it's very lowest. Still, the game runs like a slideshow ... infact it runs the same as it does at the higher settings ... just looks like a prettier slideshow that way :( .

I know there's a problem ... and it's not my system ... but to answer your poll ... I'm giving this a MAJOR "B" ...

I have a feeling that the nvidia branding animation at the beginning means us ATI people should sit on our hands and hope the game runs fine ... and if it doesn't ... well, THEY WARNED US RIGHT??? :mad2:

Rebelranger
20th Aug 2006, 06:58
Does not run on my Ultra D system 7900 GT co...MAIN RIG FOR GAMES

BUT
It runs on my RTX3200 with HIS 1900XT DOES NOT

Both are High end systems

UPDATE:
NOPE Ran for a few minutes and crashed. Does not run on any system

Paul Mathews
20th Aug 2006, 09:52
They must have play tested the game on my machine when i was at work :p

I wonder why my beer was missing when i got home each night :(

Well atleast it works 100% for me.

Bye.

High-End
23rd Aug 2006, 16:36
yey it did not work until i experimented a little bit with the game.

i think nvidia, eidos and IOI do not want the game to run on specific system configurations (e.g. your graphics card should be updated [nvidia thinks that for you]) after analysing the game files....
i made a little workaround for this issue, it should help the people who dont have a chace to get to the main menu and/or between loading scenes:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=62255

=Ghost-Rider=
24th Aug 2006, 05:34
the game runs perfecto for me :) I got a Celeron D processor too with an FX 5700le, i just gata run shader 1 and i can run everything on high. I have a question of my own for those of u who have problems, r u running the game cracked? be honest.

High-End
25th Aug 2006, 11:09
hey ghost rider... you play with shaderlevel 1?

please tell me if you have missing shadows or no "darkness", for example when you switch the light off somewhere you can still see everithing very bright?

because i have the problem with shaderlevel1, but in shaderlevel2 all shadows and lightning works perfectly (but the performance sucks hard)

thanks
highend

=Ghost-Rider=
27th Aug 2006, 21:47
yes i run with shader1, runs perfect but i noticed the shadow problem too.. it was rather horrible so my guess is Eidos didnt develop shader1 that much, but i turned all shadows off, and the shader is off too, but it runs fine with it being high. I just dont like the way it makes things glow so i turned it off, see how that works out for u.

capt_apathy
18th Sep 2006, 23:33
demo was great, that mission played well after installing the game too.

vintage year crashes. every damn time.

the better I do the sooner it crashes. if I go through the place killing everything that moves I go much farther before the crash. once even made it to the plane before it crashed.

got no responce from tech suport and haven't seen a patch in quiet a while.

I was really looking forward to this game and am hugely disapointed.

JANKERSON
19th Sep 2006, 10:51
Working fine here with settings maxxed out @ 1280x1024, no problems at all.

Core 2 Duo E6600
X1900GT
2 Gb Corair XMS2