PDA

View Full Version : Assistance please

tobias reiper1973
3rd Jun 2006, 15:43
I have read some of the topics about problems with playing this game before posting, however, I am still having problems.

Installed game successfully, even installed this patch v1.1. I click on icon to begin playing, but it just loads the intro screen (Eidos, classical music with birds!).......then takes me to desktop menu!!!!!!

Ive checked the minimum req. and I believe I have it. Made sure I have enough space, latest Nvidia and it still doesnt work. Why please?

PS - If this helps my system is:

Windows XP
AMD Athlon (TM) XP2000+
1.67 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Nvidia GeForce Ti 4400 (installed latest drivers today)
Is this okay?

stainit
3rd Jun 2006, 16:33
I have read some of the topics about problems with playing this game before posting, however, I am still having problems.

Downloaded game successfully, even installed this patch v1.1. I click on icon to begin playing, but it just loads the intro screen (Eidos, classical music with birds!).......then takes me to desktop menu!!!!!!

Ive checked the minimum req. and I believe I have it. Made sure I have enough space, latest Nvidia and it still doesnt work. Why please?

PS - If this helps my system is:

Windows XP
AMD Athlon (TM) XP2000+
1.67 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Nvidia GeForce Ti 4400 (downloaded latest drivers today)
Is this okay?

what do you mean by "downloaded game successfully?"
if you did pirate it than that's a nono.
anyway, it's your graphic card, it doesn't support pixel shading 2.0 or something along those lines.

tobias reiper1973
3rd Jun 2006, 16:39
what do you mean by "downloaded game successfully?"
if you did pirate it than that's a nono.
anyway, it's your graphic card, it doesn't support pixel shading 2.0 or something along those lines.

Noooooooooooo to pirate. I bought the game. I meant installed. However, you are right I just tryed the "Can you run it" site for minimum specs and it is my graphic card, it doesnt support pixel shading 2.0.

Okay, I can buy an update no problem, but I wouldnt know how to install it in my computer?

Quillan
3rd Jun 2006, 17:24
You can't "update" your pixel shaders. You need a new video card that handles Shader Model 2 or later, I'm afraid. If you're looking at them, avoid any of the old FX series nVidia cards. Go with a 6000 series or later, or 9600 and up on Radeon cards.

Oh, and there might be a legal download version. I think Direct2Drive is selling it.

Witchhunter
3rd Jun 2006, 18:01
Noooooooooooo to pirate. I bought the game. I meant installed. However, you are right I just tryed the "Can you run it" site for minimum specs and it is my graphic card, it doesnt support pixel shading 2.0.

Okay, I can buy an update no problem, but I wouldnt know how to install it in my computer?
Its an old guide but this will help you out (http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,103793,pg,1,00.asp) with installing a graphics card. make sure you get a compatable card though, check what your computer/motherboard can take.

tobias reiper1973
3rd Jun 2006, 18:13
Thanks guys for your help, patience and assistance. I will maybe purchase a new graphics card just for the time being. I will be buying a new PC soon so I might just go for a top of the range PC and bypass the graphics card. My current PC is 5 years old and a chuck of a monitor!!!

stegman
7th Jun 2006, 13:50
Thanks guys for your help, patience and assistance. I will maybe purchase a new graphics card just for the time being. I will be buying a new PC soon so I might just go for a top of the range PC and bypass the graphics card. My current PC is 5 years old and a chuck of a monitor!!!
I foolishly bought the game and also had a GeForce 4. {smuck, eh?}

It's an old machine, i was thinking of getting a 6200 on agp. That'll do, wont it?

Alexlovesguns
7th Jun 2006, 14:03
Downloaded game successfully, even installed this patch v1.1. I click on icon to begin playing, but it just loads the intro screen (Eidos, classical music with birds!).......then takes me to desktop menu!!!!!!

Your stolen game doesnt work on your unsuported graphics card, if you had an original copy of the game you would have seen the requirements on the back of the box **** .

tobias reiper1973
7th Jun 2006, 19:11
Your stolen game doesnt work on your unsuported graphics card, if you had an original copy of the game you would have seen the requirements on the back of the box **** .

PLEASE READ the above, I have NOT got a f**king STOLEN game for crying out loud. I dont do that!!! I bought the game like the rest of the others thank you very much. Not that I have to explain myself to you. Please do NOT insult me. I used the wrong word for f**k sake. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

tobias reiper1973
7th Jun 2006, 19:14
I foolishly bought the game and also had a GeForce 4. {smuck, eh?}

It's an old machine, i was thinking of getting a 6200 on agp. That'll do, wont it?

:lmao: Yep I believe that will do fine. You know I might just get it on the PS2 and play it on there. I can always come back to it on the PC later on and get silent assassin rating on all levels?!?! :rasp:

stegman
8th Jun 2006, 08:07
:lmao: Yep I believe that will do fine.
oh joy. Now to do some saving.

Also, go back to post #1 and click edit. change that 'download' word for 'installed' or people will be on at you for ever;)