wishmaster
2nd Jun 2006, 18:31
I've just been to the uc forums and i found this little
thread full of annauncements.
http://www.ucforums.com/showthread.php?t=3706&page=2
Theres an interesting sword in there;)

garbagefanuk
2nd Jun 2006, 23:52
Yeah, this has been known for a long time.

blincoln
3rd Jun 2006, 03:07
Yes, but what's new is that it's now on their official release list, and has an expected date of this fall. I wasn't even sure it was going to make it past the prototype stage, so I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Daisuke Jigen
3rd Jun 2006, 03:16
Wow, I've always wondered when they'd make an actual Soul Reaver replica and here it is about to happen... this is about as exciting as a new LoK game announcement. I WILL lay the cash down, however much it might be, to own it.

fneh
3rd Jun 2006, 15:55
Yeah, this has been known for a long time.

it wasn't actually known if it would go into proper production or anything tho.

I'll have to look at seeing if I can get one to the UK. hopefully it will be a nice piece but not cost me hundreds to get one

Raziel'sRevenge
3rd Jun 2006, 20:01
I was a bit worried that it wouldn't go through as well. It got stuck in that "unoffical" stage for a might bit longer than I liked, but this is great news!

The_Hylden
4th Jun 2006, 00:53
Ah, I was going to look up the thread I made about this ages ago now, but it seems the interest level preceded me:D Yes, it's fantastic news.

TheFlameCrow
5th Jun 2006, 02:14
I can't get the page to load -__-

Can anyone bring the picture here?

Raziel'sRevenge
5th Jun 2006, 02:23
There isn't a picture, there's just an announcement of the different swords that'll be coming out and the Soul Reaver is listed! *does a happy dance*

TheFlameCrow
5th Jun 2006, 02:46
There isn't a picture, there's just an announcement of the different swords that'll be coming out and the Soul Reaver is listed! *does a happy dance*

Thankyou

Is this a different sword from the one on Amazon?

What is the release date supposed to be... And the price?

Thanks in advance....

Though I do wonder why the site won't load... Darn comp -__-

The_Hylden
5th Jun 2006, 05:04
Is this a different sword from the one on Amazon?

Yes, that one is just something some fan made and, though a good effort on their part, not quite the true-to-form replica this officially licensed one will be, or that I'd pay money for. United Cutlery has officially acquired the license from Eidos and their swords are very well-made.

The site lists that the Soul Reaver is going to be a part of the fall, 2006/winter, 2007 line-up. There is no price or even an item number posted as yet.

TheFlameCrow
5th Jun 2006, 17:17
Yes, that one is just something some fan made and, though a good effort on their part, not quite the true-to-form replica this officially licensed one will be, or that I'd pay money for. United Cutlery has officially acquired the license from Eidos and their swords are very well-made.

The site lists that the Soul Reaver is going to be a part of the fall, 2006/winter, 2007 line-up. There is no price or even an item number posted as yet.

Can't wait for it ^__^

I don't own any replicas, but this one is a must have IMO

How much do they usually charge for their replicas?

Azazel
5th Jun 2006, 18:06
You'd better look here (http://www.unitedcutlery.com/shop/site/vendors.cfm?id=7566D8A7-D008-43D0-A0F2EE8CE082E0D9) for yourself, I think.

garbagefanuk
5th Jun 2006, 22:22
There was no offical confirmation or anything but there was loads of members of UC saying it would be so i just took it for granted that it eventually would. Apparently i was the only one, hence why i'm going to say "NER NER" :rasp: :D

fneh
6th Jun 2006, 15:57
There was no offical confirmation or anything but there was loads of members of UC saying it would be so i just took it for granted that it eventually would. Apparently i was the only one, hence why i'm going to say "NER NER" :rasp: :D

ugh..... then this news you've known for "a long time" about it passing prototype stages and having a release date in 6-9 months isn't new to you?

sorry but I find it really quite rude you'd run in and say you already know all this like the OP was reporting something like "SR3 is being made under the name of defiance".....

garbagefanuk
6th Jun 2006, 19:36
No, it's new new's to me if you bothered to read my last post. All i said was i had long ago assumed it would be done eventually and so having it confirmed wasn't that big a deal. Off the high horse anytime dude. I find it rude when you put words in my mouth but it doesn't seem to bother you.

Raziel'sRevenge
7th Jun 2006, 00:00
Now now play nice! :D

Malus
12th Jun 2006, 16:39
I hope its no more than $300...

Raziel'sRevenge
13th Jun 2006, 02:07
heh heh, I'll be getting a job this summer for the specific purpose of saving up for it... and a PS3 :rolleyes:

dragonfly2
17th Jun 2006, 00:19
Well I certainly hope it looks more original than those sorryfull crap swords I've seen on E-bay, they call soul reavers

Raziel'sRevenge
19th Jun 2006, 03:43
my sentiments exactly friend!

NoobSaibot
21st Jun 2006, 03:47
I wish I had the money, very soon though that sword will be mine!!!!!!

evil_sharkey
27th Jun 2006, 03:35

I hope its no more than $300...
Judging by the prices of some other swords, I'd guess it's going to be between $100 and $200. I own three UC swords (all Lord of the Rings), and only one of them was $200, and this was when they first appeared on the market. I'd recommend buying them through various catalogs UC supplies, like Steele Arms or Bud K. I think United Cutlery only has a high "list price" to encourage people to buy from their distributors.