PDA

View Full Version : Demo problems

fezz47@msn.com
2nd Jun 2006, 15:42
Downloaded the demo and running really laggy on my comp.

Athlon 2700+
Gig 2700 Ram
X700 Pro 256

Have latest versions of direct X, vid drivers, chipset, etc.

Besides lots of lag, I also can't access the main menu once in the game. Hitting escape does nothing at all which is really strange. I tried the demo patch, but everytime I try to run it get an error message. Some sort of dll error.

From what I'm able to play it seems like the best in the series so far, but don't want to purchase the full version if this can't be straightened out.

Any suggestions? And thanks.

Xcom
2nd Jun 2006, 19:40
I tried the demo patch, but everytime I try to run it get an error message. Some sort of dll error.

If it complains about binkw32.dll, that can be fixed:
http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31731

(check that thread)

fezz47@msn.com
3rd Jun 2006, 18:11
I installed the demo and can hardly play because of lag and the inablilty to access the main menu from the game. If I hit escape to get to the menu nothing happens.

I tried the demo patch but first got the Bink.dll error, so I went and downloaded a version from the web which I extracted to the Blood Money folder. Now I get this message;

The procedure entry point_Binksetvolume@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll.

From what I've been able to play of the demo, I really like the game however don't want to spend the bucks on it if I can't get it to run. I have already installed and uninstalled several times but nothing seems to help.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Athlon 2700+
Gig 2700 Ram
X700 Pro 256 MB

Xcom
3rd Jun 2006, 18:43
Please don't create multiple threads about the same problem.

Secondly, did you follow the steps mentioned in the link I provided?

fezz47@msn.com
3rd Jun 2006, 21:37
Sorry for the double post on the same subject.

My problem is that it won't let me into the link provided above. Everytime I try to access that link I'm asked to sign in again and then denied. I have no idea why.

martin88
3rd Jun 2006, 21:38
its on a different forum. That may be the problem.