PDA

View Full Version : PC - Online Requests/Suggestions

SkyMarshalVince
2nd Jun 2006, 00:39
Firstly let me start by saying that Rogue Trooper is an awesome game, particularly online. However, there aren't really enough maps to keep your focus for more than an hour or so.

Here are some suggestions/requests I have for the online mode of the game, feel free to add your own:

Host - Kick Facility
A 'basic' feature that the host of an online game should have. Occasionally you get a disruptive player, someone with massive feedback from a microphone or headset, or maybe someone who just likes PK'ing far too much ;)

Ally health bars/stats
It'd be nice to know which of my allies are getting hurt or on the verge of dying, that way I can see if they need any assistance.

Defending guys health stats
I'm guessing the guys you're defending have health, as it takes a certain number of hits to kill them. Perhaps somewhere have a health bar so we can see how close to death they are?

MAP EDITOR
This is my most desired feature. If you released a map editor allowing us to create our own online maps, this would be perhaps one of the best games around. Your imagination would be the limit on creating strategical yet complex maps for either progressive or defensive mode. A MUST HAVE.

Please add your own suggestions if you have any.

georogue
2nd Jun 2006, 06:34
In-game text chat in the PC version FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. :mad2:

SkyMarshalVince
2nd Jun 2006, 10:14
I actually agree with there being no text chat.

The reason being, have you ever tried playing Glasshouse for 15 minutes in a team of 4 people? You never have time to type text to anyone, or at least you shouldn't ;)

georogue
2nd Jun 2006, 18:03
The point isn't to type while you're fighting, the point is being able to communicate as to whether you want to change to another map, what modes your teammates want to play, do they want to keep playing and asking who the heck people are. It's a ridiculous design decision if they did this on purpose.****

And assuming everyone has a headset/mic (I do but most of the people I've played this with don't) is wrong as well.

At the very least they could've had a chat screen at the MP setup screen (a la Rainbow Six, SWAT 4 and many other shooters).

Since they never check this forum, it's all a moot point as there's no sign they intend to support this game or improve it so that it could be as good as it could be.

Judge Rabbi
2nd Jun 2006, 22:25
I'd love to see a Map Editor for this game.

And if they don't read these forums then i'll just have to email em!

SkyMarshalVince
2nd Jun 2006, 22:56
The point isn't to type while you're fighting, the point is being able to communicate as to whether you want to change to another map, what modes your teammates want to play, do they want to keep playing and asking who the heck people are. It's a ridiculous design decision if they did this on purpose.****

As it stands there aren't really enough maps to warrant people talking and deciding which play or game mode to play. Sad but true.

At the very least they could've had a chat screen at the MP setup screen (a la Rainbow Six, SWAT 4 and many other shooters).
Fair point.

Since they never check this forum, it's all a moot point as there's no sign they intend to support this game or improve it so that it could be as good as it could be.
At the moment the game has a very small following. Give it time and perhaps they will.

darkfox101
3rd Jun 2006, 17:47
Must have map editor please!