PDA

View Full Version : The Beginning

ben1505
2nd Jun 2006, 00:13
Hi all!

Instead of asking for a new game, why don't EDIOS re-do Blood Omen into a 3rd person game... that would be awesome!!
Also, how come in Blood Omen 2, Kain meets Yanus Aldrun when they both have the same heart inside of each other.... any ideas?

Ben

TBS
2nd Jun 2006, 01:18
A BO remake would be cool.

The heart of darkness (Janos' heart) was in two places at the same time in BO2 because of time travel.

The heart was ripped out of Janos and then, centuries later, placed in Kain to bring him back as a vampire. Kain goes around forming his empire and, in BO2, meets Janos who, obviously, had the heart of darkness in him. Kain continues building his empire and then travels back in time with Raziel to get his coin to land on it's edge. He travels forward in time a little way to the BO era where Raziel most inconsiderately rips out his heart and uses it to restore Janos to life. Janos promptly expresses his gratitude by being posessed by the Hylden/Sarafan Lord and slapping Raz about a bit before flying off to unseal the portal to the dimension where the hylden have been banished. Janos is left beneath Meridian city where his blood is used to feed the mass. With nothing better to do, Janos mutates into a weird monster thing.

Eventually young Kain comes along and rescues him, unaware that Janos' heart is actually the same heart beating in his chest, just a few thousand years older.

Apelul
2nd Jun 2006, 01:41
Brilliant! This might be the best yet! I've come across many alternative spellings for LOK character names, all very amusing, but this one beats them all!

Yanus Aldrun

Right now, I'm considering to gather them all and perhaps list them in a separate thread ;)

Apologies in advance, I'm not laughing AT anybody I'm merely expressing my genuine amusement, and while I'm at it, I'd like to thank you for making my day: thanks.

Edit: Damn it! I saw a nice alternative to 'Vorador' the other day, but I can't seem to find it again.

ben1505
2nd Jun 2006, 13:00
It is interesting that you are noting different spellings of Janos.

I have a different way of spelling your name.......

You sad pathetic small-****ed wanker

TBS
2nd Jun 2006, 14:30
No, they do both have the heart. If Janos didnt have the heart in him then he would have been comatose like we saw him in Defiance.

LOKFan
3rd Jun 2006, 04:49
I recall reading somewhere CrystalD saying that they'd rather move on with future games than remake old ones.

Of course, this was before Defiance was released, so circumstances could've changed now.

ammon
3rd Jun 2006, 20:16
as far as i know
there is no way Blood Omen will be re-done
which is annoying because i like that game (even thou i'm still stuck on it) and would love to see it in 3D
but it's never gonna happen....unless
unless when the series has come to an end and Crystal and Eidos want to make more cash, they maybe might think of re-doing it then (of course i have no problums handing over wods of cash if they ever do decide to do it :p :D )

Apelul
5th Jun 2006, 20:44
It is interesting that you are noting different spellings of Janos.

You sad pathetic small-****ed wanker

Yikes! You know me then??

:whistle:

Azazel
8th Jun 2006, 18:04
Idd, it has an extra n since 1995.

Apelul
8th Jun 2006, 18:07
No it hasn't

Squint-eyed Sniper
16th Jun 2006, 11:34
Remaking BO:scratch: ....why? :|
Its good as it is....(mo)

Dror
17th Jun 2006, 11:53
Remaking BO:scratch: ....why? :|
Its good as it is....(mo)
1. No more damned solutions to get the game running.
2. It would be cool seeing it in new graphics, having kain with REAL powers unlike Defiance and Blood Omen 2.
3. Not everyone has this game, or a way to buy it. (No, not everyone in the world is American, or British, or whatever - there are some countries that you can't order games from, like say with Amazon)
4.Boss fights! think how awesome it would be having an ACTUAL fight with Hash this time, instead of him just freaking teleporting and you slashing him with the soul reaver.
5. New games focus on graphics (MOST of them), neglecting the story, gameplay etc. Here you got both great graphics AND a story.

And there's more reasons I'm too lazy to write.
Of course I don't mean the original game isn't good. It's the best damn game in the series.
Feel free to contradict me.

Smoke_Z
18th Jun 2006, 02:48
I think that offering Blood Omen on the PC-DVD version of the next game would be cool. It would boost PC sales, and reward people that invest in DVD-Roms so that Eidos doesn't have to press multiple discs in a release.

ammon
18th Jun 2006, 19:18
Smoke_Z - i think it would be cool too :D but what about us Playstation fans? i don't think it's fair when one country has more extras then the rest of us - instead of having to cut all the extras out why don't CD/Eidos do a second disc with them on (with a password that you can only get from completing the game to unlock) (i know - i've mentioned this before :D :p )

Smoke_Z
19th Jun 2006, 02:32
Smoke_Z - i think it would be cool too :D but what about us Playstation fans? i don't think it's fair when one country has more extras then the rest of us - instead of having to cut all the extras out why don't CD/Eidos do a second disc with them on (with a password that you can only get from completing the game to unlock) (i know - i've mentioned this before :D :p )

*Shrug* If there are only two choices, doing it in the cheapest way or not doing it at all, I would accept it being unfair.

Considering how LOKD-PC is on two discs but LOKD-PS2 is one one disc with extras, (USA version) they might be able to do it for other versions. POP:SOT has the original game included.

Actually, it could be a downloadable bonus with the encryption key burned into all versions. LOKD-PC won't run without the disc, at least I haven't messed with trying. Anyway, it would still require a computer with the proper specs, console versions probably need a dvd-rom.