PDA

View Full Version : first level bluescreen

krazed
1st Jun 2006, 23:59
not long after i get into the first level i get a bluescreen with the message of nv4_disp something was stuck in an infinite loop yay.... anyone know of this happening?

Xcom
2nd Jun 2006, 00:52
What are your system specs and especially graphics card? Try updating drivers.

This is a very bad error, AFAIK, which can be caused by hardware mulfunctions. If new drivers doesn't solve it, there is a chance your card is faulty. It could also be that it gets overheated or that it doesn't get enough power from your power supply unit.

By the way, I was getting that error when I was upgrading my pc and installed 7900GT. Turned out the card had defect RAM. Had to return it for replacement.

krazed
2nd Jun 2006, 00:57
AM64 3500+

3 gigs of ram

geforce 6800 ultra

650 watt power supply.... this is the ONLY game this happens to me on, ive had this card for about a year now, first time ive had this happen. heat isnt an issue, ive been monitoring that from reading most of these posts

fully updated drivers, tried reinstalling, lowering all settings, messing with the sound settings, reinstalled video drivers... nothing works it still blue screens with the same message:mad2:

Xcom
2nd Jun 2006, 01:11
In any case, this is well known problem (just check Google for "nv4_disp loop"). It can be triggered by different software (games) on different cards. Maybe this is something you can try:
http://tweakxp.com/article37164.aspx

krazed
7th Jun 2006, 17:31
ok now i have a new problem.... every few minutes or sometimes 10 seconds apart my cpu usage for blood money goes through the roof and locks the game up for about 10 seconds :(

BrandonB
7th Jun 2006, 20:59
http://www.blacknovatech.com/pics/FFS.JPG
FFS =P

krazed
7th Jun 2006, 21:10
and what exactly would i search for? :\ "pc lockup" ? lol

BrandonB
7th Jun 2006, 21:13
and what exactly would i search for? :\ "pc lockup" ? lol

Nope, "nv4_disp" there has been another thread about that and it had all the links to a fix. No big deal, just try the search before starting a new thread =X.
About the lockups, not sure about that. I have no idea what would cause that.

krazed
7th Jun 2006, 21:39
well today during one of the many many lockups in game i got curious. i got the game running and minimized. went into my task manager and selected performance, played the game until it lockeed a bit, cpu usage went off the scale during the lockup, solid 95-100%.... what the hell is going on?

so as i said, new problem :)

Alexlovesguns
8th Jun 2006, 03:08
Your not the first person with a 64 bit CPU reporting problems im afraid, i'll keep an eye out and will post back if i find anything that might help out.