PDA

View Full Version : Hints and Tips

BrandonB
1st Jun 2006, 22:38
I must be a n00b because I really suck at this game. I was wondering if anyone could give me some hits and/or tips on the levels, no specific level. Just trying to get a rank thats decent. I have yet to get past that level where I have to follow that dude in the red bird outfit, every level I get to just seems overwhelming because I get almost no direction on how I should do things. :o

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 23:16
every level I get to just seems overwhelming because I get almost no direction on how I should do things. :o

That's actually the most fun aspect of Hitman -- figuring out how to make best kills.

Play on Normal difficulty or any difficulty that allows you to save. Explore the level, find places of interest. Study NPCs patrolling patterns. Memorize level's layout, so you can quickly get from A to B without consulting the map. Buy Intel. A lot of kills can be made using "accidents". Personally, I found that going for Silent Assasing in Pro difficulty right from the start is rather frustrating (mainly because you can't save).

Some tips I found useful:

- your mines can also be used to distract people. They can attached to walls or placed in cases or other special items.
- killing guards and innocents by means of accidents doesn't result in any penalty.
- accident can be easily achieved by first sedating (syringe) or knocking out (human shield -> ko victim) a person and then throwing his/her body over the wall/railing or into the pool.

BrandonB
1st Jun 2006, 23:21
That's actually the most fun aspect of Hitman -- figuring out how to make best kills.

Play on Normal difficulty or any difficulty that allows you to save. Explore the level, find places of interest. Study NPCs patrolling patterns. Memorize level's layout, so you can quickly get from A to B without consulting the map. Buy Intel. A lot of kills can be made using "accidents". Personally, I found that going for Silent Assasing in Pro difficulty right from the start is rather frustrating (mainly because you can't save).

Some tips I found useful:

- your mines can also be used to distract people. They can attached to walls or placed in cases or other special items.
- killing guards and innocents by means of accidents doesn't result in any penalty.
- accident can be easily achieved by first sedating (syringe) or knocking out (human shield -> ko victim) a person and then throwing his/her body over the wall/railing or into the pool.

I am on the rookie difficulty right now because I am just now starting to play the game, I will move up when I am more confortable playing the game and getting used to it and that kinda stuff. I have tried a few walkthroughs but even those can be confusing and frustrating.

fisty
1st Jun 2006, 23:25
Brandon, you're gonna be a great assassin some day. In order to hone your craft you must become the hitman. Start off by creeping through your roommate's room or your parent's house at night. Try stalking a random girl in a shopping mall. See if she calls the mall-cops. If you want to take it up a notch; corner a mall-cop in a secluded service hallway or restroom and knock him unconscious with a hammer or stick him with a poisoned needle. Take his clothes and continue to stalk your mark.
Practice, practice, practice.
You'll learn to patiently watch movement patterns and to study the environment for hidden opportunities. You'll learn to listen to the voices. You might not have real contracts or Swiss bank accounts... but 'the agency' will still whisper in your ear: "Agent Brandon 47, eliminate your target! No one will see you, Brandon... ELIMINATE!"
Good luck, buddy.

BrandonB
1st Jun 2006, 23:31
Brandon, you're gonna be a great assassin some day. In order to hone your craft you must become the hitman. Start off by creeping through your roommate's room or your parent's house at night. Try stalking a random girl in a shopping mall. See if she calls the mall-cops. If you want to take it up a notch; corner a mall-cop in a secluded service hallway or restroom and knock him unconscious with a hammer or stick him with a poisoned needle. Take his clothes and continue to stalk your mark.
Practice, practice, practice.
You'll learn to patiently watch movement patterns and to study the environment for hidden opportunities. You'll learn to listen to the voices. You might not have real contracts or Swiss bank accounts... but 'the agency' will still whisper in your ear: "Agent Brandon 47, eliminate your target! No one will see you, Brandon... ELIMINATE!"
Good luck, buddy.

LMAO... I am ROFLing right now. Thanks. :lol:

DucusSumus
2nd Jun 2006, 02:33
Nonono... don't play on Rookie. Normal is the bare minimum. You'll miss out on a lot of the fun with Rookie.

aquarius_varun
2nd Jun 2006, 06:35
lol! I was going to start at rookie. But I finished the first tut mission in normal. Perfect silent assasin. lol! well...I killed all mentioned in the tut. 14 guards dead + 2 civilians killed via syringes. However, I just started the first mission. I walk towards the guarded door in the guard costume and he says something ..I don't reply as I can't and suddenly the suspision meter rises to red and a firefight starts. I am going to try to find an alternate route.

Avanguard
2nd Jun 2006, 09:53
Hints and Tips Full Compilation: http://hitgames.net.ua/games/?a=game_list&do=view&gameid=65