PDA

View Full Version : Crashing To Desktop Issue!!!!

AngelusPUA
1st Jun 2006, 21:38
Ok guys I hear a whole lot of people are having this problem. Both me and my friend had this problem when we first got Hitman on PC and I found out how to fix it for both me and him. Now this may not work for everyone but it’s worth a try.

I use to use Nvidia OMEGA drivers because they improve performance over original Nvidia drivers. Trouble is however that OMEGA drivers are not supported by this game so you will get the crash problem. So the next step for me was to go to the Nvidia website and download the latest drivers, I did and alas the problem didn't go away. I had lost all hope of playing Hitman till I was cruising the net and I found some Nvidia BETA drivers (BETA means pre release drivers).

I installed these BETA drivers and the game ran perfectly........ till it started ofcourse, then I had some huge lag issues but that's probably because my computer is 3 years old.

It may also help to patch the game.

SO let’s review

-If you have the latest official Nvidia drivers or the latest OMEGA drivers for Nvidia get the beta drivers (I'm sure you can get beta drivers for other cards to)

- Apply the latest patch

If it’s still crashing...........

BUY A DAMN XBOX360 LIKE I DID.

Hope this helps

P.S Google Nvidia Beta Drivers I don’t have time to search and post up a link right now.

Jovan
1st Jun 2006, 22:19
Thank you.

I have a Geforce 6800 and I see a lot of people with Geforce cards are having problems. I barely had any problems (minus the curtains down level where I temporarily disabled hardware sound acceleration).

I get these crashes every now and then though.

stegman
2nd Jun 2006, 10:17
[QUOTE=Jovan]Thank you.

***deleted! i have the wrong vidio card***

HitJufox
2nd Jun 2006, 14:09
My game was just perfect until... now it crashes to desktop every time I try to start my next mission (Death on Mississippi or whatever...)!! Frustrating... My video card is GeForce6600GT, so it really should be good enough. And yes, I have the patch installed...

Well, what can I do... perhaps I should try to download new drivers or install this shaky game again... Last time I buy anything this fast. Better to wait until there are at least 10 patches available.:mad:

HitJufox
2nd Jun 2006, 15:07
My game was just perfect until... now it crashes to desktop every time I try to start my next mission (Death on Mississippi or whatever...)!! Frustrating... My video card is GeForce6600GT, so it really should be good enough. And yes, I have the patch installed...

Well, what can I do... perhaps I should try to download new drivers or install this shaky game again... Last time I buy anything this fast. Better to wait until there are at least 10 patches available.:mad:

Everything ok now. First I downloaded new Nvidia-drivers, but no effect. Then I installed the game and the patch again, and now it works! Great! So if you have problems, try to install the game again (and get new drivers).:)

stegman
2nd Jun 2006, 15:41
***Deleted! I have the incorrect vidio card***