PDA

View Full Version : Saving your progress in Blood Money

357mag
1st Jun 2006, 19:45
I read an article that if you power down your 360 while playing Blood Money you will lose all your progress. Okay, I've come up against games before that were made that way. I also read that if you quit to the main menu while playing a mission you will also lose your progress. Okay. But this article also said something about losing your progress at the end of a level. Unless I am misinterpreting what the author meant, why would you lose your progress when you finish a level? Please tell me that when you finish a level the game will save your progress.

martin88
1st Jun 2006, 19:49
You can save your game, obviously.

What it means is that you cant save in the middle of levels like in old hitman games.
Instead, you get more like "Checkpoint saves" that you can use anytime in a level. If you quit the level, you loose those saves.

Its better than it sounds, trust me.

Quillan
1st Jun 2006, 20:13
I assume the 360 version works the same as the PC version in this regard. You create a profile to play the game. When you start up a game session, you choose a difficulty level. When you're in a mission, you have a limited number of saves, depending on the difficulty level. Normal gives you 7 saves, Expert gives you 3, and Professional doesn't give you any. When you finish a mission, it gives you the option of saving your profile. When you drop out of the game - even by going back to the main menu - all progress beyond the "Save Profile" option is lost. I assume this means if you start the game, finish the tutorial, A Vintage Year, Curtains Down, and Flatlines, then turn the game off without saving your profile, you'll have to restart completely. But if the profile is saved, it'll bring you back to where you saved it. In the aforementioned case, it'll let you replay the Hideout, Vintage Year, Curtains Down, Flatlines, or start off the following mission.

grunjee3
1st Jun 2006, 20:37
I for one find this 'feature' annoying and a step backwards. I've gotten to the end of a level, only to have the game crash, and there goes my hour of gameplay.

Eidos, please give us the traditional save options.

Rasko
5th Jun 2006, 18:48
The save system is terrible. Although there seems to be a way around it on the PC, Xbox players are screwed.

Some of us don't have the luxury of playing several hours a session, and Hitman is meant to be played at a methodical pace. That's something I loved about the series - planning and strategizing. Patience is the key to success, and weighing your options before proceeding.

I can only manage about an hour a night of gaming. Sucks, but I'm sure I'm not alone. Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I can put my life on hold to play extended periods of time in order to complete a level. I'm not twelve years old anymore, and I imagine a lot of people that enjoy games like Hitman work for a living.

If the reason for this inexcusable save system has to do with the notoriety feature, than that feature should have been scrapped. Whatever the reason, IO shot themselves in the foot, because the frustration this is causing myself and many gamers has become a major distraction from what is otherwise a fantastic game.

Facekhan
8th Jun 2006, 01:23
I am also not a fan of the save system. Since the game has already crashed on me twice in the first level and I discovered that "saves" are kind of pointless since they don't survive after you get out of a level. Personally I prefer the old way since I could save at the actual important part of a level, and skip the filler/intro when going back to replay missions.

How do I get around this save system? For a game that needs 5GB of hard drive space, I can spare a bit more to get saves like every other PC game ever!!! I am gonna go play Daiktana now since I can at a least save my game.