PDA

View Full Version : hitman bm keeps crashing after tutorial

nocatix
1st Jun 2006, 13:38
hey.
yesterday i got the game. but the game keeps crashing back to desktop after i finished the tutorial (amusement park). i can read the newspaper article and if i press enter then i'm back on my desktop. had no problems with the demo though. could the problem be with the 1.1 patch? haven't tried it on 1.0.

my specs:
dfi lanparty ut nf4 ultra-d (latest nf4 chipset drivers)
amd athlon 64 x2 3800+
xfx geforce 7800gt (latest forceware drivers)
2x1024mb corsair twinx
creative x-fi platinum (latest drivers)

shouldn't be a problem with my pc.

HitmanBloodMoney.ini:
Resolution 1280x1024
StartUpperPos 0,0
DefaultScene=HitmanBloodMoney.gms
ReadMainIni 0
Audio_Volume_Sfx 100.000000
Audio_Volume_Dialog 100.000000
Audio_Volume_Music 100.000000
Audio_Volume_Ambience 100.000000
Audio_Volume_Movie 100.000000
UseEAX 1
SelfShadows 1
PostFilterLOD 2
LevelOfDetail 2
Anisotropy 16
TextureResolution 0
BlurShadows 1
Antialias 4

Anton_from_holland
1st Jun 2006, 14:52
I'm having the same problem as you have. The game plays just fine, until I exit the first level (the tutorial) and have read the newspaper.
What can this be?? :scratch:

nocatix
1st Jun 2006, 15:58
what is your sys config? maybe some of the components in our sys are create a conflict with the game?!

ichi
1st Jun 2006, 17:15
hey.
yesterday i got the game. but the game keeps crashing back to desktop after i finished the tutorial (amusement park). i can read the newspaper article and if i press enter then i'm back on my desktop. had no problems with the demo though. could the problem be with the 1.1 patch? haven't tried it on 1.0.

same here :(

win xp (up to date)
amd64 3000
DFI SLI DR
7800 gt
1GB Ram
Audigy 2

new nvidia driver
dx 9.0 c the newest one

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 18:02
Are you by any chance using demo exe with the full game or some kind of crack?

Slayer305
1st Jun 2006, 18:06
Same here. I'm using the original .exe and patched to 1.1 :(

Specs:
Pentium4 3.8E
ASUS P4P800 SE
Geforce 6800GT with 91.28 driver
1GB PC3200 RAM
X-Fi Fatality FPS

DX 9.0c April release

ichi
1st Jun 2006, 18:12
Are you by any chance using demo exe with the full game or some kind of crack?

no crack no demo.exe ****

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 18:14
hmm...

It runs perfectly on my system with 7900GT without patch. Maybe you can try reinstalling the game to see if it runs better w/o patch too.

nocatix
1st Jun 2006, 18:27
i tried several ways now, always same result. version was always 1.1. tried with the original 1.1 exe file and original dvd in disc drive -> crash. cracked 1.1 exe -> crash. original 1.1 exe and emulated dvd -> doesn't even start.
it's either the 1.1 version of the game or some component in my pc doesn't like the game too well.

Slayer305
1st Jun 2006, 18:34
Maybe our sound cards have something to do with it? Creative drivers are bogus, especially with newly released games ****

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 18:42
I have Audigy 4. Seems to be working fine.

Quillan
1st Jun 2006, 19:21
The Audigys are kind of well-settled now, even the Audigy 4, and most of the driver bugs are out of them. The X-Fi cards are the shiny new thing, and I've heard crash complaints about them in some applications, so I suppose that could be it. Not having one, I can't say for certain. I've got an Audigy 2, and the game hasn't crashed yet. It has locked up twice while exiting, but no CTD so far.

nocatix
1st Jun 2006, 19:31
i found out whats causing the problem. i guess everyone of you whos got the same prob like me has played the demo before.
i dont know why, but somehow the full version is using the "my documents\hitman blood money demo" folder. if i delete it and play the full version again it creates the demo folder again and crashes after the end of the tutorial (or the end of the demo if you put it that way). still working on fixing that issue as it might be related to some wrong registry keys. i post the solution as soon as i have one

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 19:41
i found out whats causing the problem. i guess everyone of you whos got the same prob like me has played the demo before.
i dont know why, but somehow the full version is using the "my documents\hitman blood money demo" folder.

The solution seems to be simple. Re-install the game from original DVD and don't use any no-cd patches.

nocatix
1st Jun 2006, 19:43
nah, doesn't work. with the original 1.1 exe and the original dvd the game crashes too. but i'm gonna try it with version 1.0 now as i don't find any reg keys related to the demo...

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 20:09
Ok, this may sound stupid, but are you sure you got the right patch? There is also a demo patch (which is for the DEMO, obviously). The 1.1 patch for the full retail version can be downloaded from the sticky in this forum.

grunjee3
1st Jun 2006, 20:44
My first night playing HMBM was a nightmare. For the record, I did purchase the game, so this is the real software.

I can tell you guys this much. The 1.1 patch (which I d/l'd from the link in the sticky) does definitely cause my game to crash, as others have described, after the newspaper shows up after the 1st level. I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled, and presto, using version 1.0 (not patching) I can get to the second level.

So I tried the 1.1 patch again, and no surprise, it crashes.

Additionally, I have also noticed this patch creates the 'HMBM Demo' folder under My Documents. Which I think is part of the problem. Profiles just don't work right when I use the 1.1 patch.

Bottom line is, I would advise people against using this patch. I'm sticking with 1.0 until the next patch comes out.

I would also like to thank Eidos (huge sarcasm) for the whole savegame design in HMBM. When the game crashes, it's so much fun to lose all your progress :mad: Please Eidos for the love of god give us the ability to salvage our progress!

Slayer305
1st Jun 2006, 20:52
I reinstalled the game but without the 1.1 patch and, guess what, the game didn't crash and works fine.

Guess the new patch introduced a new bug then :p

Quillan
1st Jun 2006, 21:08
I've got a question for you guys: did you uninstall the demo before you installed the full game?

Slayer305
1st Jun 2006, 21:11
I've got a question for you guys: did you uninstall the demo before you installed the full game?

Yes

Anton_from_holland
1st Jun 2006, 21:18
I reinstalled the game but without the 1.1 patch and, guess what, the game didn't crash and works fine.

Guess the new patch introduced a new bug then :p

Wow, gotta try that then! Crrrraaaazzzzyyyyy patch :nut:
Thanks Slayer!

grunjee3
1st Jun 2006, 21:52
One more followup.

So I reinstalled the game again today, and downloaded the patch... made SURE it was the "Full game" (not demo) version). Installed it and sure enough, the problem still occurs (crashes after 1st mission AND makes the "HMBM Demo" folder in My Docs).

Bugs for the lose :(

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 22:12
I just installed 1.1 patch myself. Played through tutorial and onto next level; the game didn't crash though it doesn't say anything (given that I have different hardware), but the patch sure didn't create no HMBM Demo directory.

Serpico1616
2nd Jun 2006, 06:31
I have the same problem as you all.
To try and fix it I installed the game without the patch, played past the first mission, saved, then made a backup copy of the HMBM and HMBM Demo folders in my documents.
I installed the 1.1 patch then put the profiles back into my documents.
Unfortunately when i loaded the game up, and loaded profile, my saved game didnt show up at all.
I'd like to thank Eidos on this one, I havent played the first level of a game so many times since Super Mario Bros.
I've tried so many things and it seams that all we can do is wait till they fix patch 1.1 or till they make a 1.2.
I assume less than a week, but I dont think I can wait that long.

Xcom
2nd Jun 2006, 18:39
Unfortunately when i loaded the game up, and loaded profile, my saved game didnt show up at all.

They aren't supposed to show. Your save games which you make during gameplay will be gone once you exit your profile (or the game). As unfortunate as it may be, it's not a bug but was done on purpose.

Now, regarding patch 1.1 crashing the game after the first level and creating Demo directories. According to my test, that is not the case. I've tried different combinations of installing game and applying 1.1 patch, and at no time official game -- patched or otherwise -- created or used any HMBM Demo folders. It will also not read from Demo folder if it somehow remained from official Demo.

Futhermore, I went to the well-known site that distributes no-cd cracks because I was really intrigued by all these remarkable reports about the patch. There I got no-cd crack for version 1.1 which appears to be nothing more than DEMO PATCH released by Eidos themselves. Some joker uploaded it there saying it's "official" no-cd fix from Eidos for version 1.1. That's actually pretty funny. In any case, only if you use that file, will your game crash after tutorial and and use HMBM Demo folder in My Documents.

Conslusion: Use official files and don't use any no-cd cracks.