PDA

View Full Version : Fx 5200? (and do not delete this post like u did to the last one)

medo1983
1st Jun 2006, 13:19
Here are my system specs.
2.8GH Intel pentium 4 processor
1 Gb of ram
Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200 display card(which i bought yesterday to play HM:BM)

The problem is the game is sooooo solw, totally unplayable even after applying the 1.1 patch from eidos.

Now i just have a Q, if the game doesn't run well of the damn Nvidia FX series why the hell did u ppl at eidos write that a minimum display card is nvidia Fx series cos relying on what u said in the readme file I went yesterday and bought a Nvidia fx 5200 display card hoping the game will work, now i see that i just wasted the money because of such a false statement in the readme file. So, finally damn it all.

and to the forum admin :do not delete this post like the my last one without at least having the decency to tell me why u did it.

dac10
1st Jun 2006, 13:38
im right with you on that one mate!

1.8ghz amd sempron
786mb ram
5500 fx 256mb

what a waste, they better bring a good patch out soon.

Silent_assasin
1st Jun 2006, 15:30
2000 mhz, 512 mb ram , 5200 128 mb 128 b :(

dac10
1st Jun 2006, 15:41
2000 mhz, 512 mb ram , 5200 128 mb 128 b :(

what does yours run like silant assasin? this forum is so damn slow.

medo1983
1st Jun 2006, 16:16
What's really bothering me is that i trusted the damn readme file and that cost me a real big sum of money to buy that new display card. I would have been willing to pay that sum of money if it made the game work but seems nothing's doing.

Quillan
1st Jun 2006, 17:10
I have a much better card than that, but I do have to agree with you guys. The 5200 is woefully underpowered. I don't know how well the 5600-5700 run the game, and you could probably manage fairly well if you had a 5900 or 5950. I think what they really did was A) decide to only provide a Shader Model 2 rendering path for the PC version of the game, and then B) just list all video cards that support Shader Model 2. The FX series of cards does support SM2.0, just not very well.

Xcom
1st Jun 2006, 17:50
and to the forum admin :do not delete this post like the my last one without at least having the decency to tell me why u did it.

What are you talking about? I don't remember other posts from you.

Mike_B
1st Jun 2006, 19:03
It wasn't deleted it was merged with another thread.

Alexlovesguns
1st Jun 2006, 20:33
Here are my system specs.
2.8GH Intel pentium 4 processor
1 Gb of ram
Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200 display card(which i bought yesterday to play HM:BM)

You bought a very bad card fear, i remember when they came out a friend of mine bought one and the ti4200 i had at the time was alot better.
Even if Eidos came up with a patch for the FX series (wich i doubt) your game would still run bad.
Your 2.8, 1 gig ram deserves a better card, start saving because the game really is worth it :) .

dac10
1st Jun 2006, 21:46
you honestly think they wont bring out a patch for the fx series???

BrandonB
1st Jun 2006, 21:55
What's really bothering me is that i trusted the damn readme file and that cost me a real big sum of money to buy that new display card. I would have been willing to pay that sum of money if it made the game work but seems nothing's doing.

How the hell did you spend a large sum of money on a 5200!? They are 40 bucks TOPS on newegg. You bought it from some crappy local computer store didn't you? *sigh*

medo1983
1st Jun 2006, 21:58
ok i didn't know it was merged, my bad:) . The thing is even if the card i bought is not so powerful (and i agree on that point) , it was listed in the readme file. There is something else u haven't put into consideration. The fx 5200 was the only Agp 8X card available in my country, all the other cards r pci-express which is not supported by my motherboard.

Slayer305
1st Jun 2006, 22:06
Dudes... never go by a game's minimum requirements. By minimum requirements the developer means what is the bare minimum for the game just to RUN, even if runs at 5-10 fps (=unplayable). That applies to any game.

The recommended requirements are the "proper" ones, and they clearly recommend an X800/6800 class card in the Readme for this game.

An FX5200 will run the game but it will be painfully slow, the card is just very weak, it doesn't cut it. No patch can fix that :rolleyes:

BrandonB
1st Jun 2006, 22:22
Dudes... never go by a game's minimum requirements. By minimum requirements the developer means what is the bare minimum for the game just to RUN, even if runs at 5-10 fps (=unplayable). That applies to any game.

The recommended requirements are the "proper" ones, and they clearly recommend an X800/6800 class card in the Readme for this game.

An FX5200 will run the game but it will be painfully slow, the card is just very weak, it doesn't cut it. No patch can fix that :rolleyes:

I approve of this post... :cool:

BrandonB
1st Jun 2006, 22:25
ok i didn't know it was merged, my bad:) . The thing is even if the card i bought is not so powerful (and i agree on that point) , it was listed in the readme file. There is something else u haven't put into consideration. The fx 5200 was the only Agp 8X card available in my country, all the other cards r pci-express which is not supported by my motherboard.

I dont understand how the 5200 was the only apg 8x card avaliable in your entire country. You know you aren't restricted just to local stores right? I always buy everything from www.newegg.com, they do not ship internationaly (I dont think they do anyways) but there is always an alternitive website that does. Just do a little research or you risk becoming the average consumer (and by that I mean they buy whats in front of them and looks good instead of doing their research, I my self have made many buying mistakes by not following my own rule =/), oh wait...

Silent_assasin
1st Jun 2006, 23:08
I dont understand how the 5200 was the only apg 8x card avaliable in your entire country. You know you aren't restricted just to local stores right? I always buy everything from www.newegg.com, they do not ship internationaly (I dont think they do anyways) but there is always an alternitive website that does. Just do a little research or you risk becoming the average consumer (and by that I mean they buy whats in front of them and looks good instead of doing their research, I my self have made many buying mistakes by not following my own rule =/), oh wait...

what is the site that shipps internationaly ?

BrandonB
1st Jun 2006, 23:22
what is the site that shipps internationaly ?

I dont remember to be honest, but I have been to it before. You will have to google for it. Sorry.

Silent_assasin
1st Jun 2006, 23:50
for all who have fx 5200 go to www.filefront.com and download 91.28_forceware_winxp2k_english , makes the game work better :) :rolleyes:

medo1983
2nd Jun 2006, 00:11
Yes, when i say i didn't find another AGP 8x card i mean it. And FYI the 40 dollars are considered a large sum of money when converted to my country's currency. The important point is what's happened has already happeded. what really matters is IS THERE A SOLUTION?:D

dac10
2nd Jun 2006, 10:06
Yes, when i say i didn't find another AGP 8x card i mean it. And FYI the 40 dollars are considered a large sum of money when converted to my country's currency. The important point is what's happened has already happeded. what really matters is IS THERE A SOLUTION?:D

sorry to slow down this speedy thread! but you guys say the 5200 ist good enough! well i have the 5500 fx 256mb. i can get it to play but at the very lowest level rendering, and slow. does this mean my card ist capable of playing HBM to start with????

Reien
2nd Jun 2006, 14:34
for all who have fx 5200 go to www.filefront.com and download 91.28_forceware_winxp2k_english , makes the game work better :) :rolleyes:

Ill be damned....that made the demo run 100% better. I dont know how It will react on other stages, but I just migh toss the dice and buy It to find out. Great find man.:thumbsup:

grim1982
23rd Oct 2006, 05:37
guyz i cant play hitman blood money!!!

3GH Intel pentium 4 processor, intel d865perl
1 Gb of ram
265mb Nvidia Fx 5200 display card

the game is too slow!! how could i play the game can anyone help??!

BrandonB
23rd Oct 2006, 07:32
guyz i cant play hitman blood money!!!

3GH Intel pentium 4 processor, intel d865perl
1 Gb of ram
265mb Nvidia Fx 5200 display card

the game is too slow!! how could i play the game can anyone help??!

You aren't really lacking in the CPU or RAM area, but you are lacking alot in the graphics card part. Your gonna have to buy a new card. Or find a way to make it run better, thats all I can really say.

grim1982
23rd Oct 2006, 07:34
how could i make it run better??

BrandonB
23rd Oct 2006, 07:46
how could i make it run better??

You cant really, thats why I said if you can find a way. The only thing I can suggest is applying the latest patch for the game and setting it to 1.0 shaders.

grim1982
23rd Oct 2006, 07:53
You cant really, thats why I said if you can find a way. The only thing I can suggest is applying the latest patch for the game and setting it to 1.0 shaders.

hmm what u suggest me to buy ?? a good graphic card to play hitman blood money in a good graphic and without that slowness lagging thing .. and to be good also for future games :Dand to work on intel d865perl motherboard!!

BrandonB
23rd Oct 2006, 08:04
hmm what u suggest me to buy ?? a good graphic card to play hitman blood money in a good graphic and without that slowness lagging thing .. and to be good also for future games :Dand to work on intel d865perl motherboard!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150190

Best AGP card on the market with a decent price tag. That should be ok for H:BM and some newer games.

*edit

Or go with this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130051 if you want a bit faster card, only difference between the XFX card and this one is the memory speed is a little faster.

grim1982
23rd Oct 2006, 08:08
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150190

Best AGP card on the market with a decent price tag. That should be ok for H:BM and some newer games.

thank u:)

BrandonB
23rd Oct 2006, 08:10
thank u:)

No Problem :thumbsup:

Quillan
23rd Oct 2006, 14:42
Personally, I'd recommend this one, but it's quite a bit more expensive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150131

That's a $300 card. Depending on how long you think it will be before you get a totally new computer, you might want to go for this (it should last you a couple of years at least), or the 7600GS (it's a good card, just not quite as powerful) and save the difference towards the new computer later.