PDA

View Full Version : ATI card lag problems even WITH patch

Dr.Boo
1st Jun 2006, 10:04
Hey all,

I recently bought Hitman Blood Money. I installed it, but I quickly saw how it lagged like hell. Even the mouse in the menu screen. So I put all the graphic options on minimum and turned some even off, but still... massive lag.
So I searched the internet, and aparently I'm not the only one with this problem. I tried installing the latest drivers, I installed the patch, I installed the latest DirectX... still laggin'
I'm running out of ideas and I really think someone can help me.

I checked out www.systemrequirementslab.com, and they told me my PC even meets the recommended requirements. I have an ATI Radeon X800 256Mb card, 1 gig of DDR Ram, an ASUS A8V Mainboard, an AMD Athlon 64 Processor running at 2.20Ghz and Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 installed. What could be the problem?

I searched the forum, and found the patch which I thought would solve it, but still I have massive lag.

Computer101
23rd Jun 2006, 15:51
Hey all,

I recently bought Hitman Blood Money. I installed it, but I quickly saw how it lagged like hell. Even the mouse in the menu screen. So I put all the graphic options on minimum and turned some even off, but still... massive lag.
So I searched the internet, and aparently I'm not the only one with this problem. I tried installing the latest drivers, I installed the patch, I installed the latest DirectX... still laggin'
I'm running out of ideas and I really think someone can help me.

I checked out www.systemrequirementslab.com, and they told me my PC even meets the recommended requirements. I have an ATI Radeon X800 256Mb card, 1 gig of DDR Ram, an ASUS A8V Mainboard, an AMD Athlon 64 Processor running at 2.20Ghz and Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 installed. What could be the problem?

I searched the forum, and found the patch which I thought would solve it, but still I have massive lag.

I have the exact same problem, with this setup:

Amd Mobile Athlon 64 3200 @ 2ghz (250x8 1:1)
2gb Mushkin DDR500 3.4.3.8
DFI LP UT NF3-250gb
Ati X800XT PE 256mb currently with Omega Drivers (i've tried the cat 6.5 too)
Windows XP SP1
Direct X 9c (I've tried all sorts of versions of DirectX, and still Laggggg)

This is really annoying, playing the game at 6fps, when I know it can do better than that. It doesnt matter what settings either, super high or really low, it still lags all the time.

WarDemon
21st Jul 2006, 16:34
Me too. Eidos ******* rushed this game out. I think its like 60% of the people who bought it cant play it. WAY TO GO! And you see how after all this time they still havnt responded. Shows how much they care about their consumers doesnt it.

y2j826
25th Jul 2006, 17:36
I have a crappy Intel 845 Board and i havent played Blood money cuz it didnt run on my system but Eidos have really to think something about it cuz their system requirements are always more then other games.

Gorrister
27th Jul 2006, 23:08
A recurring problem with some gaming companies is that they design games to be played on computer hardware that has only just recently hit the market. While this is great for the developers because they get to constantly upgrade their systems on the company dollar, it takes years for the average joe to upgrade their systems.

I remember this same issue coming up when Origin released the last Ultima game. It was visually stunning, but nobody could play it! I think it was nearly 5 years before I got a system that could run it effectively.

By then, there were far better games out that ran on more realistic system requirements.

WarDemon
2nd Aug 2006, 05:12
But the X850 XT PE can run this game easily. I have seen it at my friends house who has the same card. Max settings and no lag. I can run it on max settings too and my FPS stays above 30 but when I move my mouse it is extremly shifty and feels like horrible lag.

Ghazghkull66
8th Oct 2006, 15:43
Hi all..

I think we alle have the same problem..
Hitman 4 lis lagging SO much, but my computer is good enough!
I have a 2,4 GHz AMD Athlon 64, 1 BG ram and a Radeon x700 Graphiccard..
That schould be enough. But, it still keeps lagging!

Depressing...

I Hope that Eidos soon will try to fix it..
And, i also installed the latest drivers, direct x and patch but it still lags.

Good luck to you all!

FMSZ1984
10th Oct 2006, 17:25
Make sure that you uninstall the old drivers as well. And after installing the the new drivers, uninstall the game and reinstall it again.

Hi all..

I think we alle have the same problem..
Hitman 4 lis lagging SO much, but my computer is good enough!
I have a 2,4 GHz AMD Athlon 64, 1 BG ram and a Radeon x700 Graphiccard..
That schould be enough. But, it still keeps lagging!

Depressing...

I Hope that Eidos soon will try to fix it..
And, i also installed the latest drivers, direct x and patch but it still lags.

Good luck to you all!

luke,,,,,,,
26th Aug 2007, 15:49
AMD suck, i bought a brand new computer with a Nvidia Geforce 8500GT and a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and i play this game with up to 90 FPS no lag, so what is this hitman lag problem ment to be.

grihn
3rd Sep 2007, 22:25
AMD suck, i bought a brand new computer with a Nvidia Geforce 8500GT and a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and i play this game with up to 90 FPS no lag, so what is this hitman lag problem ment to be.

So you have a quad-core processor and an 8500GT? Why would you do that? The 8500GT sucks...