PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting AI to work

Yabbie
1st Jun 2006, 08:07
I'm in that part of the Norway mission where both the spy (Col) & sniper (Lt) work coorperatively. While I can play either person, the one I'm not playing just sits dumb and doesn't react - ie. he doesn't cover the other or fire.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or the AI crap?
Glenn

iakovos
2nd Jun 2006, 22:30
The one commando not used will fire only if fired upon. Remember though that in that way he will use on his own (A.I.) whatever ammo he has on him.

Even in the old games the other commandos fired when fired upon. They did not cover each other, unless you specified to them to fire... and that was a feature in C2 and afterwards.

Iakovos:)

pietjevlip
7th Jun 2006, 09:50
still, the ai remains crappy, and not only that of the commandos, the germans don't act too smart either, especially with the frontal assaults, they just walk to your guns

and C2 had a 'cover mode' function, so the commando was firing at al he saw.

iakovos
7th Jun 2006, 10:44
Germans running at your guns? Hmmm... where did I saw that happening?

MOH: Allied Assault? Hmmm, yes...
MOH: Spearhead? Hmmm, yes...
MOH: Breakthrough? Hmmm, yes...
Call of Duty? Hmmm, yes...
Call of Duty 2? Hmmm, yes...

Not much of a better A.I. there...

pietjevlip
7th Jun 2006, 14:12
Germans running at your guns? Hmmm... where did I saw that happening?

MOH: Allied Assault? Hmmm, yes...
MOH: Spearhead? Hmmm, yes...
MOH: Breakthrough? Hmmm, yes...
Call of Duty? Hmmm, yes...
Call of Duty 2? Hmmm, yes...

Not much of a better A.I. there...

check your spelling! MOH Allied Assault is right, the others need to be MOHAA Spearhead and MOHAA Breakthrough.

and yes, you're right about those games, but still: in the COD it was difficult to overbluff them, now, if U make a stealth kill in, for example, the first mission: You'll pass the river part, and get to the village: Why don't the guys talking see you kill the patrollers? and one more thing, I killed everyone silently, made my way up the stairs, killed that guy standing there, and when I look down, there are 3 German Guards, having a little conversation: I got back down, and used my knife for stealth kills, and I killed the three of 'em stealthy. this is what I call bug, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have happened in COD. But still I like the game, like all commandos games, or should I say: Like all pyro games?