PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Demo problems

DPBandCHG
30th May 2006, 01:40
I've been trying to get this demo to work since it came out and am still having problems. Currently I'm having troubles with the binkw32.dll file when I try to patch the demo. On top of that my computer crashes when I try to enter the theatre on the unpatched demo. I've gotten the following errors with different set ups for my binkw32.dll file:

The Binkw32.dll file is installed in the windows or windows system directory - it must be installed in the application directory.

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).

The procedure entry point _BinkSetVolume@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll

I've tried reinstalling Bink's player, directx, my video card's drivers(omega drivers for a ati radeon x800pro), and manually DLing the .dll file. I've reinstalled the demo and am currently DLing it from a different source right now(originally it was from gamespot).

Please, someone, help! I'll resort to ps2 if necessary, but that thing is on the fritz half the time(it's a version 4 :P).

Reien
30th May 2006, 02:33
Can you give us your computers specs please? That will help a lot.

DPBandCHG
30th May 2006, 02:56
Yessir, anything to try to get this to finally work!

Alright... asus P5GSD1-VM intel pentium 4 3ghz processor, 1gb corsair ram, sapphire ati radeon x800pro 256MB DDR PCI-16X VIVO graphics card, LG 4163BK 16X - 2.4 Dual Layer 16XDVD +/-RW, and winxp home SP2. Latest directx(9.0c). Omega Drivers 3.8.252 (Catalyst 6.5). Anything more needed? When it comes to stuff like this, I'm not so savvy, but for hitman I'm desperate to get it working again. :p

Reien
30th May 2006, 03:10
Well try making a copy of the bink file and putting it IN the game folder, other then that im sort of at a loss....

DPBandCHG
30th May 2006, 03:35
Of which bink file? There is one already in the game file or do you mean to DL the most recent windows bink file then copy that one over to the game file?

Quillan
30th May 2006, 03:53
As far as I know, the bink DLL file needs to be in whatever directory the application is in. I know there are several copies of it scattered around my hard drive: in every single game that uses bink video, in the Rad Game Tools directory (Bink and Smacker player), and somewhere in the system directory also. I'm not certain that's your problem. My guess is one of two or three things:

1) corrupted files. Uninstall the game or demo. Defrag the hard drive. Turn off all unnecessary processes, and reinstall. Patch and try it then.

2) conflict with drivers (probably video). Go over to www.driverheaven.net and download Driver Cleaner Pro. Uninstall your video card drivers. Reboot into safe mode. Run the cleaner and remove all traces of the video card drivers. Reboot and reinstall the drivers. If this doesn't work, you might try the official Catalyst drivers, but my experience with Omega drivers is they're good if the Catalysts are good, and any problems in the official drivers is still there in the Omegas. So you might also want to try the 6.4s to see.

3) hardware problem. Can't really help with this if it turns out to be the issue.

DPBandCHG
30th May 2006, 04:03
If it's a hardware issue, I'll resort to console. :) I'm not passing this one up.

Snowy Joe
30th May 2006, 13:10
your either rich, or your really despreat. I'm really despreat too. I can't get the demo started and tommorw I'm gonna buy the game install it and patch it, if it dosn't work I'm gonna return it and buy TRL. I don't have money to buy a new comp or video card or to buy a xbox 360

DPBandCHG
30th May 2006, 13:44
Hah, no, I already have the console, so it's either $40 for pc or $40 for ps2.

jorgevasu
7th Mar 2010, 17:24
I've been trying to get this demo to work since it came out and am still having problems. Currently I'm having troubles with the binkw32.dll file when I try to patch the demo. On top of that my computer crashes when I try to enter the theatre on the unpatched demo. I've gotten the following errors with different set ups for my binkw32.dll file:

The Binkw32.dll file is installed in the windows or windows system directory - it must be installed in the application directory.

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).

The procedure entry point _BinkSetVolume@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll

I've tried reinstalling Bink's player, directx, my video card's drivers(omega drivers for a ati radeon x800pro), and manually DLing the .dll file. I've reinstalled the demo and am currently DLing it from a different source right now(originally it was from gamespot).

Please, someone, help! I'll resort to ps2 if necessary, but that thing is on the fritz half the time(it's a version 4 :P). ...