PDA

View Full Version : Do Eidos read ???....

evinco jackal
29th May 2006, 14:15
Ok ive been scanning the forums and lots of people have this low fps issue either with the demo or the retail version of the game.

I have the retail version and im gettin the low fps. my pc spec is as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 3200 Venice core
Asus A8R-MVP Motherboard
ATi Radeon X800 flashed from 12 pixle pipelines to 16 pipelines
2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS RAM

Now in anybodies mind that is more than enough to run it.

I cant believe that Eidos were allowed to release this game in this state, this has put me off buying any more eidos titles in the near future.

If i was the manager of eidos i would be reading these forums and either answering some of the publics concerns of pulling my f@!kin finger out and gettin this sorted, coz at the moment i feel like ive been robbed.

martin88
29th May 2006, 14:21
Look three threads up. There is a patch.
And yes, they do read this.

Most of the problems turned out to be side effects of solving other problems.

When it comes to games, the graphics card is responsible for a lot of problems, and Hitman BM has issues with some ATI cards.

Alexlovesguns
29th May 2006, 14:27
Ok ive been scanning the forums and lots of people have this low fps issue either with the demo or the retail version of the game.

I have the retail version and im gettin the low fps.

If i was the manager of eidos i would be reading these forums and either answering some of the publics concerns of pulling my f@!kin finger out and gettin this sorted, coz at the moment i feel like ive been robbed.

Good job scanning the forums, do you read? Its not hard to find that the patch fixes your problem :rolleyes: .

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174

Technical problems and troobleshooting are there for a purpose, use it please, this section is filled with threads that dont belong here...

evinco jackal
29th May 2006, 14:43
lol god there r some noobs in this forum. yes i do read and i have found the patch that is suposed to "fix" these issues but this patch done absolutly nothing !

its just incompitence on the behalf of eidos. ****

martin88
29th May 2006, 14:49
lol god there r some noobs in this forum. yes i do read and i have found the patch that is suposed to "fix" these issues but this patch done absolutly nothing !

What, it's eidos's fault that there are SOOO many different kids of hardware out there, that no game will ever work on them all?

The biggest problems come down to the Nvidia vs ATI rivalry. Many games only work properly on one kind of card, because they're different.

Alexlovesguns
29th May 2006, 14:57

Well, i have heard from other people who have x800's that the patch fixed it for them and they got their games running smooth at full settings.
Maybe its a problem with your copy of the game ;) .

martin88
29th May 2006, 15:06
Also, PCs are never too reliable. It may just be a problem with a driver or somthing. PCs have an infinate number of potential problems with them.

Mobb Deep
29th May 2006, 15:07
Well, i have heard from other people who have x800's that the patch fixed it for them and they got their games running smooth at full settings.
Maybe its a problem with your copy of the game ;) .

you mean he downloaded it? :confused: ****

Keynamba
29th May 2006, 15:07
I had 10-20 fps with Hitman:BM before i patched it.
Afther i patched the game, i play with everything at max settings and i have no low fps, freezes or any kind of lag. This patch works for x800 becouse i have one card of those, must be a problem with your hardware or game.

BrandonB
29th May 2006, 22:27
Also, PCs are never too reliable. It may just be a problem with a driver or somthing. PCs have an infinate number of potential problems with them.

BS, mine is more reliable then my PS2, XBox or any console I have ever owned. And if you know what you are doing you are not going to have problems with a computer. There are 2 kinds of people in the world, people who know how to use computers (very well) and the PEBKaC's (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair). :lol:

martin88
30th May 2006, 11:10
Depends what you do with your computer. I do lots of upgrading and stuff, so at some point, a weak link is gonna develop. Plus, look at what happened here. The game hardly runs on SOME PCs, and well on others. The console version has no such problems.

Now, which format is unreliable again?

puppeteer
30th May 2006, 16:00
Well in comparison to the Tomb Raider Legend game I would have to say they have done wonderful with Hitman Blood Money.
My Son runs it at 1024x768 Med-High settings and barley gets slow down
He is using a 2000+ 1gig of ram and a 256 mb Geforce 6600 AGP.
Maybe start looking at drivers.
I mean Tomb Raider Legend is with Eidos and that game runs horrible on any system atleast Hitman does run on most systems.

martin88
30th May 2006, 17:09
Well in comparison to the Tomb Raider Legend game I would have to say they have done wonderful with Hitman Blood Money.
My Son runs it at 1024x768 Med-High settings and barley gets slow down
He is using a 2000+ 1gig of ram and a 256 mb Geforce 6600 AGP.
Maybe start looking at drivers.
I mean Tomb Raider Legend is with Eidos and that game runs horrible on any system atleast Hitman does run on most systems.

Remember, Eidos don't make the games, they just publish them.
Io made hitman, Some other dudes made Legend.

Alexlovesguns
30th May 2006, 17:37
Yeah, IOI developed H:BM, CD developed Legend and some other guys ported Legend to the PC, Legend on the pc only lags bad with next gen on here, otherwise it runs fine but look a little old :) .

BrandonB
30th May 2006, 18:14
Depends what you do with your computer. I do lots of upgrading and stuff, so at some point, a weak link is gonna develop. Plus, look at what happened here. The game hardly runs on SOME PCs, and well on others. The console version has no such problems.

Now, which format is unreliable again?

Yes, upgrading alot can cause problems. Like I said, MY computer is very reliable, I never have any problems out of it. That might not be the case for other people. :D And I didn't say the consoles are unreliable, my PS2 is one of the first ones so it tends to be picky thats why I say my computer is more reliable then that.

martin88
30th May 2006, 18:17
Yes, upgrading alot can cause problems. Like I said, MY computer is very reliable, I never have any problems out of it. That might not be the case for other people. :D And I didn't say the consoles are unreliable, my PS2 is one of the first ones so it tends to be picky thats why I say my computer is more reliable then that.

LOL, my ps2 broke downand gave me disc read errors. At the time, I knew it was ahappening, so I only had one game- mercenaries. I miss it so much!

puppeteer
30th May 2006, 23:00
Yes I realise they are diffrent that way but I was mostly tring to say hey look it runs good on most machines TR runs like crap on even the highest end PC's

DaRc
1st Jun 2006, 00:59

I have the retail version and im gettin the low fps. my pc spec is as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 3200 Venice core
Asus A8R-MVP Motherboard
ATi Radeon X800 flashed from 12 pixle pipelines to 16 pipelines
2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS RAM

Now in anybodies mind that is more than enough to run it.

I cant believe that Eidos were allowed to release this game in this state, this has put me off buying any more eidos titles in the near future.

I have been checking these forums every day since the release of Blood Money and many other BM related forums regarding the poor performace of this title which is clear thousands of customers are experiencing, the silence coming from Eidos is deafening! A simple post stating that they are aware of the problem many of their customers are experiencing and are currently working on it is all that would have taken but no word from them at all is bordering on the ridiculous.

I have tried the so called patch (done nothing), I updated my graphics drivers, sound drivers, enabled fast write, I have done everything that has been suggested by fellow gamers from forums all over the net and still nothing is working. fps at idle are 76-90 until I move the mouse pointer in any direction then it drops to 5fps. I can walk in a straight line with no problem until again the mouse pointer is moved then it drops. It seems to speed up sometimes and again seconds later drops.

I dont have the best system out there but should be more than capable of running hitman at medium detail.

AMD Athlon 64 3100+
2GB Ram
Radeon X800 Pro 256mb
Asus Motherboard

Currently playing Oblivion and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter with no problems at.

Some conformation from Eidos that they ARE doing something about this is all that is required, your customers deserve better than this surely? :mad2:

Crash_Nemesis
1st Jun 2006, 03:32
I got a X800.... No problems here. Didn't even patch the game yet... Runs everything on high, antialiasing, anistropic filtering X16 ... NO PROBLEMS... Smooth FPS...

DaRc
1st Jun 2006, 16:17
Ok that rules out the graphics card problem then if you are using the same card, must be some other hardware conflict. I'll give Eidos till Saturday for them to make some sort of announcment before I send the game back which is a pitty cause the game does look cool but I've wasted enough time with it already.

madh83
4th Jun 2006, 03:10
I have to agree with starting poster in that EIDOS does a poor job. You can argue however you want about PCs being a less stable medium to develop for( and be right) than consoles, but every EIDOS game for the pc feels like a lazy's man conversion. True, EIDOS is not the developer, but as publisher they have a lot of control over quality testing on different configurations. At the very least before a game is released they should take the time to test the game on ATI and Nvidia since every decent pc has one of these cards. Every other game I have played on my pc has had fewer( or nonexistent) problems than EIDOS's TRlegend and this game.
And doing a little googling will reveal that I am definitely not the only person with problems. On the plus side at least their patching them.

intrepid_soul
6th Jun 2006, 23:08
Yes, we in technical support do read these forums, and I wish I had something to add but we are swamped trying to sort through all the issues coming through our normal channels. Our phones are literally ringing off the hooks, and our email system is definatly getting taxed. I promise to get more information out here on the forums, but until then rely on each other's reasearch. You guys find the best work arounds to most of the common issues out there even before the guys in dev do. :-D