PDA

View Full Version : Problem Loading

A_Pike86
28th May 2006, 14:40
When I start the game, all that I see is a short red line moving across the screen and then the program goes back to windows. Whats happening here?

Alexlovesguns
28th May 2006, 14:45
When I start the game, all that I see is a short red line moving across the screen and then the program goes back to windows. Whats happening here?

Well... the game is crashing to desktop :) .

Xcom
28th May 2006, 16:29
He means you need to be more specific. Like at least tell us what hardware you've got.

Shadi
4th Jun 2006, 05:43
I have the same problem. AMD X-2 processor, evga 7800 81.98, soundblaster x-fi 5.12.14.1144
The line gets pretty close to halfway and then it goes back to desktop. I did a Launch Analysis, sent it to Securom, and they said it was the game crashing.
Ok, updated nvidia drivers to 84.21. still crashes at the same point.

Xcom
4th Jun 2006, 21:57
A lot of these crashes were related to sound (cards). Have you tried looking for newer drivers for your sound card?

Shadi
4th Jun 2006, 22:14
I have the latest drivers for my soundcard. I'll try the "reduce the acceleration" trick next.

tried it. and it didnt fix anything. this sucks since I'll have to wait till monday till I can call tech support. :(

JDShirts.ca.tf
5th Jun 2006, 02:25
I have the same damn problem and I havent got a reply from tech support for 3 days

Xcom
5th Jun 2006, 02:28
I have the latest drivers for my soundcard. I'll try the "reduce the acceleration" trick next.

tried it. and it didnt fix anything. this sucks since I'll have to wait till monday till I can call tech support. :(

Could you disable your sound card completely from the Device Manager? You won't have sound, but if the game doesn't crash, we'll know it's related to sound card (or if it still crashes, that it's not related).

Shadi
5th Jun 2006, 02:43
Could you disable your sound card completely from the Device Manager?
I did it. crash. rebooted. tried again. crash.
no luck :(

Xcom
5th Jun 2006, 04:19
okay, then it's not related to sound.

Perhaps you should try setting affinity (HitmanBloodMoney.exe) to one core to see if it does anything. Dual core CPUs have been known to cause instabililty sometimes.

You can get a tool called ImageCFG here:
http://www.robpol86.com/Pages/imagecfg.php

in case you can't alt-tab to desktop.

Shadi
5th Jun 2006, 04:33
You can get a tool called ImageCFG here:
http://www.robpol86.com/Pages/imagecfg.php

OK. I did imagecfg on hitmanbloodmoney.exe and it appeared to work.

C:\Games\Hitman Blood Money>imagecfg hitmanbloodmoney.exe
hitmanbloodmoney.exe contains no configuration information
hitmanbloodmoney.exe contains a Subsystem Version of 4.0
Image can only run in uni-processor mode on multi-processor systems

Ran hitmanbloodmoney.exe and the same thing happened. Securom cursor, black screen, red line gets about halfway, crash.
I sent a PM to A_Pike86 hoping he's already fixed it and knows what to do.

balack
5th Jun 2006, 12:10
well im having the same prob with the crashing and its really starting to annoy me as i get really far and when u reload if ive done something wrong its crashes to desktop my specs are

AMD 64bit 3800mhz ATI X1800 512mb 1gb corsair mem creative soundblaster 7.1 audgy soundcard

sjinadasa
5th Jun 2006, 15:23
Come on Eidos, release a fix for this. This is too damn annoying. And to think I was gonna get the Collectors Edition

Shadi
5th Jun 2006, 22:20
I contacted Tech Support by telephone. They were totally stumped on what to do. He suggested that it was most likely a defective disk, but it was a shot in the dark.

Xcom
5th Jun 2006, 23:01
Run scandisk on a partition where you installed BM. You never know.

BrandonB
5th Jun 2006, 23:06
Come on Eidos, release a fix for this. This is too damn annoying. And to think I was gonna get the Collectors Edition

I dont think there is a Collectors edition, thats what eb games has told me TWICE when I went to pick up my copy of H:BM.

sjinadasa
6th Jun 2006, 00:56
I dont think there is a Collectors edition, thats what eb games has told me TWICE when I went to pick up my copy of H:BM.

No there is one, with the documentary thing

Shadi
6th Jun 2006, 01:04
Well..bad news guys. I exchanged for another box at ebgames. Same problem.
I'm going to see if I can contact the developer somehow and see if they already know about this problem.

Xcom
6th Jun 2006, 01:10
Check this thread:
http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32809

The guy there had similar problem and posted a fix that worked for him.
Can you try that and see if it maybe works for you too.

Shadi
6th Jun 2006, 02:08
THAT WORKED! I added hitmanbloodmoney.exe to my DEP allowed list and now it works. (so far, got to the menu and just had to post here)

OHM
6th Jun 2006, 11:25
No there is one, with the documentary thing

Indeed there is one, got it my self. UK Game has the exclusive for it so I don't think it will be available any where else :rasp:

JDShirts.ca.tf
7th Jun 2006, 01:27
Check this thread:
http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32809

The guy there had similar problem and posted a fix that worked for him.
Can you try that and see if it maybe works for you too.

doesn't work, this is really pissing me off
:mad2:

Xcom
7th Jun 2006, 01:38
You haven't yet posted your system specs. Please do.