PDA

View Full Version : GeForce4 MX420

Beaconian
28th May 2006, 10:16
Hi there, I just bought HM:BM and have now found I cannot run the game with my card. I saw a post if I put DefaultScene=M00/M00_intro.GMS it should work, I see the movie about the ferris wheel falling and that whole intro thing, but as I see the guy and his name, about 10 seconds on that screen, it just crashes to desktop.... No error or anything. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to at least play the first level, even if it crap quality....
Thanks,
Beaconian

Mobb Deep
28th May 2006, 11:05
Hi there, I just bought HM:BM and have now found I cannot run the game with my card. I saw a post if I put DefaultScene=M00/M00_intro.GMS it should work, I see the movie about the ferris wheel falling and that whole intro thing, but as I see the guy and his name, about 10 seconds on that screen, it just crashes to desktop.... No error or anything. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to at least play the first level, even if it crap quality....
Thanks,
Beaconian

What kind of computer do you have, and did you update your drivers?

Beaconian
28th May 2006, 11:28
I have a GeForce4 MX 420 graphics card if thats what u mean, and yes I have

Alexlovesguns
28th May 2006, 14:11
I have a GeForce4 MX 420 graphics card if thats what u mean, and yes I have

If you have a legal copy of the game you will also have a box, on the back of that box you have... yep, the system requirements.
The system requirements list FX cards has supported (althouht they arent working properly) but not GF4 MX cards...

The GF4 MX cards were never meant to be gaming cards, now that they are 3/4 years old they are behiond obsoletion.

You are better off playing games on a xbox than on a PC with that card ;) .

rockout
28th May 2006, 18:19
try to edit your config to something like this... then, it will FOR SURE look like a crap, but it might run on your system. just test it. if it works, fine. if not, you would still not be alone with the problem. welcome to the community ;) (just teasin) - try setting the texture resolution to 3, instead of 1. I think that was the lowest option. happy experimenting and good luck.

Resolution 800x600 - ( 4:3 )
Window 1
ShadowDetail 0
Shader Low
LevelOfDetail 0
TextureResolution 1
UseEAX 0
ReadMainIni 0
Audio_Volume_Sfx 100.000000
Audio_Volume_Dialog 100.000000
Audio_Volume_Music 100.000000
Audio_Volume_Ambience 100.000000