PDA

View Full Version : Collect all bugs

PGJ
27th May 2006, 09:46
Hey guys,
Let us make a thread with a list of bugs in this game, so Eidos can check what they have to fix ;-). So let me start first:
Updated

- Geforce Series 5 support must be fixed
- Cheat menu must be fixed (Giveall option crashes game)
- you should have the ability to put more than one person / victim in a box! (it's just that huge that you could put 4 in it!)
- the weapons you collect in the first chapter (death of a ... don't remember the rest, but it's the training map) aren't displayed in the hideout (best indicator: dragonov sniper)
- just some weapons you collected in your missions aren't availible in other mission (e.g. nailer is supported in all mission, but the kitchen knife isn't... is it a but?)
- general performance issues (on older systems)
- access to console
- general save loading support (you always have to play a level in one sitting)
- fix eax problems (I have an Audigy 2 ZS and if I acitvate EAX the sound is poping and scratching)
- windows x64 compatibility
- fix the crashs in some missions

Okay, now you can also post some bugs you found in the game ;-). Perhaps we can make this thread sticky, because it's quite important for the next patch.

Alexlovesguns
27th May 2006, 10:57
- general performance issues Are there any?
Enabling cheats is useless, people shouldnt cheat because it ruins the game experience.

I heard the game is likely to crash in that Opera mission and the shell casings are missing, these 2 could be looked into. :) .

PGJ
27th May 2006, 11:51
I already finished all mission in rookie mode.... now I want to have fun and some more weapons! And it is a big bug if the cheats crash the game!

Alexlovesguns
27th May 2006, 13:58
I already finished all mission in rookie mode.... now I want to have fun and some more weapons! And it is a big bug if the cheats crash the game!

You can still have fun in professional mode and you could go on a killing spree just to colect the weapons or try diferent aproaches, there is alot to explore in this game other than beating it on rookie and run thru it with cheats.

No challenge = no fun, IOI shouldnt let people use cheats in Hitman games. Cheats are dumb :p .

I heard that you cant colect the old mauser and a custom 1911, thats not very nice imo...

Xcom
27th May 2006, 14:26
Well, this is more of a wishlist that a bug list.

Cheats are dumb :p .

Come on now. How else will it be possible to kill all those useless people?

http://img153.imagevenue.com/loc35/th_39932_hitman_masscre.jpg (http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc35&image=39932_hitman_masscre.jpg)

:D

Alexlovesguns
27th May 2006, 15:22
Well, this is more of a wishlist that a bug list.

Come on now. How else will it be possible to kill all those useless people?

http://img153.imagevenue.com/loc35/th_39932_hitman_masscre.jpg (http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc35&image=39932_hitman_masscre.jpg)

:D

Thats a weird sight, there are all those bodies lying on the floor and people dont react? Shouldnt they atleast duck on the ground if you are shooting people :scratch: .

I heard there were no unlockables in BM for rating SA, you just receive more money, they could at least made one unlockable for those who beat all the missions in SA, even if its a crappy one like that old mauser pistol :( .

Xcom
27th May 2006, 15:33
Thats a weird sight, there are all those bodies lying on the floor and people dont react? Shouldnt they atleast duck on the ground if you are shooting people :scratch: .

Yeah, it's weird. Yesterday, I was blasting away in that level. I think it's just since there are so many people, a great number of them don't have any AI. They are just walking around. Otherwise, I think it would require way too much CPU power.

Alexlovesguns
27th May 2006, 15:51
Yes, its understandable, i heard they didnt have any ragdoll or a.i., just some basic animations, since they are only there to polulate and fill the level i problably wont ever bother taking them out.

Reien
27th May 2006, 16:02
From what I understand that didnt give all the NPCs AI or ragdoll effects simply because It would make even most modern PCs go *pop*. They are just there to make the level look pretty, and they do a damn fine job of It from the screenshots Iv seen.

Xcom
27th May 2006, 16:13
I am not so sure about ragdoll. I didn't pay special attention, but I think they all have ragdoll physics. I could be wrong though.

Karthik
27th May 2006, 17:11
Hey guys,
Let us make a thread with a list of bugs in this game, so Eidos can check what they have to fix ;-). So let me start first:
- you should have the ability to put more than one person / victim in a box! (it's just that huge that you could put 4 in it!)
- the weapons you collect in the first chapter (death of a ... don't remember the rest, but it's the training map) aren't displayed in the hideout (best indicator: dragonov sniper)
- just some weapons you collected in your missions aren't availible in other mission (e.g. nailer is supported in all mission, but the kitchen knife isn't... is it a but?)
- access to console
- fix eax problems (I have an Audigy 2 ZS and if I acitvate EAX the sound is poping and scratching)

Okay, now you can also post some bugs you found in the game ;-). Perhaps we can make this thread sticky, because it's quite important for the next patch.
-add shader model 1.1, 1.3 and 1.4 support so that FX cards will be able to perform faster.

Alexlovesguns
27th May 2006, 17:27
I noticed in the demo that you can place the shotgun in the rifle case, unfortunatly we cant place the explosives in it and Scoops guards dont pick it up, that would have been fun ;) .
"Hey boss, i just found a briefcase!" Boo0m!!

This game has brilliant a.i., civilians might pick weapons if they find them on the floor, guards investigate blood trails, one time while i was about to switch off the lights i dropped the shotgun and one of the gangsters heard and went to check out because of the noise.

I will spend weeks exploring every single event, feature and secret once i pick up my copy, after contracts this game seems to restore my full faith in IOI :) .

BadSector
27th May 2006, 20:02
I noticed in the demo that you can place the shotgun in the rifle case, unfortunatly we cant place the explosives in it and Scoops guards dont pick it up, that would have been fun ;) .
"Hey boss, i just found a briefcase!" Boo0m!!

This game has brilliant a.i., civilians might pick weapons if they find them on the floor, guards investigate blood trails, one time while i was about to switch off the lights i dropped the shotgun and one of the gangsters heard and went to check out because of the noise.

I will spend weeks exploring every single event, feature and secret once i pick up my copy, after contracts this game seems to restore my full faith in IOI :) .
Actually you CAN place explosives in briefcases, but if you want to have the best evaulation, that's NOT the way to use it. :P :D

rockout
27th May 2006, 22:09
its not just about performance issues, that wouldn't be such a big problem. but its not normal, that you may play only a few of a game's levels, because some just don't even start. How can that be such a big difference? This is something that I have never heard of before. If there is too much stuff going on on a level, then yeah, it may lag more, but it should start though.

there is alot to fix, lets give em time for it. But I would appreciate a statement from them.

Mobb Deep
28th May 2006, 08:22
Hey guys,
Updated

- access to console

Its windows x64 compatebale but not with out problems, check my topic!

Sgt.NightFire
28th May 2006, 23:56
got a big bug,i am in the mission with the playboy like mansion in the snow and stuff,but whenever i trow down a object(bomb,coin,knife) the game just crashes to my desktop without a reason,and its only happening in that level...:mad2: :mad2:
So now i can't continue,if it wasn't such a good game i would want my money back :mad:
And i also patched the game (didn't fixed anything )(visually that is)

PGJ
29th May 2006, 05:37
That's right Sgt.NightFire. I also found this bug... e.g. after getting out of the lift I jumped over the balcony into the next room. There was a man dressed in santa clothes. I used the fiberwire to kill him and BANG the game crashed... in this level the game crashes a lot!

ongbak
29th May 2006, 17:10
Am getting major sound stutters in game. The cut scenes and briefing is fine though. What puzzles me the most is that the demo was perfect :confused:

Mobb Deep
29th May 2006, 18:10
Lets wait for a better patch,,, caus I am getting tired of it to, I completed the mission what you called with the playboy mansion its called You Better Watch Out but never mind on that. I crash there to when I drop something still I completed it with 4 kills and 1 shots fired. But the you get Death On the Missipie and when I load that level it crashes to my desktop and cant do nothing about it!

rockout
30th May 2006, 16:50
its a nice strategy though, to make us all tired of the bugs and then look like heros when they finally fix it out of nowhere. "here it is, we solved all your problems and hope you are still there" ;) kinda mean thingy. The smallest statement would be enough, damnit. ;)

Jepu
31st May 2006, 18:18
I'd like to add to the list that the sound is popping and scratching on a Hercules Game Theater XP -soundcard too. Enabling or disabling EAX seems to make no difference. I've tried it only with the demo version though.