PDA

View Full Version : GeForce FX 5xxx Compatability Patch? Please?

Kadratis Velevere
27th May 2006, 03:21
Is there any way... any way at all that you folks at Eidos will release a patch for compatability with the GeForce FX 5xxx series? Please?

Karthik
27th May 2006, 04:26
Is there any way... any way at all that you folks at Eidos will release a patch for compatability with the GeForce FX 5xxx series? Please?
Well they could make a DX8 patch......:whistle:

Kadratis Velevere
27th May 2006, 04:57
Well mine's a 5500, so pretty much a D.X. 8 patch would be useless for me. :mad2:

southbrook
27th May 2006, 05:43
I'm running 2.7ghz celeron, 512 ddr400, 200gb hdd and an fx5200 128mb graphics card. Not a great setup I admit! cant even play the game at all.....
Pointer jumps and game very very slow? :mad2:

JaqTaar
27th May 2006, 07:37
I use a 5900 XT and don't even get past the intro, so a patch would be much appreciated.

rockout
27th May 2006, 12:38
I agree. Would love a patch for you AND for dx8 cards. I think its a great game, because every hitman was great and atmospheric. And even if its running fine so far on XBox 360, it seems like a beta on pc...

Reien
27th May 2006, 16:10
Im sure they will nail It down and get It fixed....Iv got a 5200 and can run things like HL 2 on full settings with no problem. And I remember a post (maybe at hitmanforums.com) that some guy with a Gforce 3 was able to run the game :(, hope they get it fixed soon.

Karthik
27th May 2006, 17:07
Well mine's a 5500, so pretty much a D.X. 8 patch would be useless for me. :mad2:
Here's the thing. Hitman Blood Money uses shader model 2.0 and most of the FX card are pretty much terrible in shader model 2.0 mode. An alternative is to revert back to DX8 shaders 1.1. HL2 actually reverts back to shaders 1.1 when an FX card is detected.
The only drawback to shader model 1.1 is that it'll look like XBOX1 graphics.

Alexlovesguns
27th May 2006, 17:56
Here's the thing. Hitman Blood Money uses shader model 2.0 and most of the FX card are pretty much terrible in shader model 2.0 mode. An alternative is to revert back to DX8 shaders 1.1. HL2 actually reverts back to shaders 1.1 when an FX card is detected.

Maybe not, there are games using older shader models (1.1) that look very good.
The textures and models can make a game look good (photorealistic like Max Payne2) even if the lighting, shadows and special efects are crappy (wich wasnt the case with the 2 first Splinter cell's anyway ;) ...

Before the patch many (if not most) people had bad performance (FPS), now only FX and older cards seem to have this problem, maybe the patch didnt include the fix for those older cards? Or maybe their just not good enough (we all know the FX series sucked bad).

I think Eidos should make some sort of anouncement for people to know if compatbility with older video card models can and will be improved or not, this way people would know what to expect, like if they will have to buy a new video card or not, instead of waiting for a patch that might never come...

rockout
27th May 2006, 21:57
to the post somewhere above, I was the guy with the geforce 3...

and I agree with the annoucement, I wanna read a statement of eidos. Whats going to happen about all that. BM runs like a beta. Some have no problems, some have. Some levels work fine, some don't even start. Whats that crap about? it sucks. they for sure should fix that very soon and let us know what and when will be released to make us happy.

damnit.

Xcom
27th May 2006, 22:39
BM runs like a beta.

I am not sure what are you complaining about. It runs like beta on your outdated card. In fact, it's a miracle it runs at all. Now I can understand FX users because at least that card was listed as "supported" for some reason. Geforce 3 wasn't, so your card is simply not suitable for the game.

Reien
27th May 2006, 23:01
If I remember right xcom, his copy runs fine, but I might be wrong.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=60170

Thats the post where hes talking about it, It looks like hell but It runs well. Corse he dose still have that 'shooting causes you to crash' problem... My comp should still run It just dandy then. Granted my proc Is only a 1.6 and Iv got 768 RAM, my video card Is MUCH better then his (no offance) and a .2 diff In proc shouldnt make that much a diff.

Well I for one wouldnt give a damn. Im not a gfx person much anyways. If the game runs and Is fun Im all good. If they have to make It run a lower level of the shaders, so be It.

sj4ck
27th May 2006, 23:41
i would not care what it looked like as long as i could play it

Xcom
27th May 2006, 23:46
If I remember right xcom, his copy runs fine, but I might be wrong.

The point I was trying to make is that it makes no sense asking support for (or complaining about) unsupported hardware. Minimum system requirements are there for a reason.

Reien
28th May 2006, 00:18
The point I was trying to make is that it makes no sense asking support for (or complaining about) unsupported hardware. Minimum system requirements are there for a reason.

And the 5 series IS supported, so we have a right to complain, unless they amend the list and remove them they had better damn well make them work on some playable level, not the crap we have now.

Im still hopefull, Iv got the demo on my comp still and am waiting to see If ANY sort of fix comes up, be It from Eidos, or someone else who knows what they are doing.

EDIT:

And Xcom, I sort of missed what you said, talking about his Gforce 3, so dont take my tone as being pissed off at you.

rockout
28th May 2006, 01:53
I am not sure what are you complaining about. It runs like beta on your outdated card. In fact, it's a miracle it runs at all. Now I can understand FX users because at least that card was listed as "supported" for some reason. Geforce 3 wasn't, so your card is simply not suitable for the game.

I said that for a different reason than me having a bad graphic card. in fact, I'm glad that it runs more or less, yeah. But there are a bunch of gamers out there that have just the same problems with BM like me. And everything about their computers is way better than on my system. They deserve a fix for that and it might help me, too then. Though my stuff is not supported. :whistle:

Alexlovesguns
28th May 2006, 03:40
I think this game is going to make many people upgrade their PC's and most will find it very worthy considering how much this game can offer graphically for the low price of a decent mid range graphics card ;) .

Reien
28th May 2006, 04:26
I think this game is going to make many people upgrade their PC's and most will find it very worthy considering how much this game can offer graphically for the low price of a decent mid range graphics card ;) .

Alex...your stil either ignoreing or missing the big picture....the card IS SUPPORTED....so we shouldnt be forced Into buying new gear to play It. Yes a new stronger card would be lovely, but many cant run out and spend $80+ for a new card, then $50+ for the game.

I for one cant even buy the game right now, and most likely wont untell Its either;

A. Playable.
B. In the bargin bin when I can afford to buy a new card + the game.

Simply shoveing the problem off and saying "well buy a new card" isnt going to work unless they make some sort of statement that they are no longer supporting the 5 Series.

rockout
28th May 2006, 18:38
yeah. where are they? working, or on vacation? lol. A statement for a solution of all your problems would be very nice. Even if its just a "hang on, we're fixing it".

BrandonB
28th May 2006, 18:55
Dont take this the wrong way or anything, but alot of those cards are old and dont support the new technology that these games require. I know it sucks, but you gotta upgrade sooner or later. If you are looking for something cheap try a 7600GS or something along those lines. You can get a nice card for pretty cheap, one that will run the game.

*edit*

Reien, I know people cant just go out and spend that kind of money on a game + a graphics card. Its got to be a hardware issue, I'm sure the game does support the 5 series. But its gotta be the hardware that is making it crash, for example. I tried to play BF1942 on an older card, it said it supported it but would not load all the way or crash, so it was a hardware isssue.

Alexlovesguns
28th May 2006, 19:38
Dont take this the wrong way or anything, but alot of those cards are old and dont support the new technology that these games require. I know it sucks, but you gotta upgrade sooner or later. If you are looking for something cheap try a 7600GS or something along those lines. You can get a nice card for pretty cheap, one that will run the game.

A 6600GT wich is alot cheaper than that runs blood money @1280x1024, 2x AA, max textures and detail settings, i just dont use the post filter thingy, just letting you know that people can get away with much less than a 7600 card ;) .

On your setup you will problably be able to run at 1600x1200 with 4x AA, that gotta be awsome :eek: .

BrandonB
28th May 2006, 19:56
A 6600GT wich is alot cheaper than that runs blood money @1280x1024, 2x AA, max textures and detail settings, i just dont use the post filter thingy, just letting you know that people can get away with much less than a 7600 card ;) .

On your setup you will problably be able to run at 1600x1200 with 4x AA, that gotta be awsome :eek: .

I run the demo with max settings (except resolution because my peice of crap monitor does not support 1600x1200). When my full copy comes in I'll still be able to run it at max settings lol. Looks real nice...

http://www.blacknovatech.com/pics/hbm.JPG
http://www.blacknovatech.com/pics/hbm2.JPG

I resized that pic so it doesn't look as good as it does in game, even with 4AA it still has some aliasing.

Reien
28th May 2006, 22:42

*edit*

Reien, I know people cant just go out and spend that kind of money on a game + a graphics card. Its got to be a hardware issue, I'm sure the game does support the 5 series. But its gotta be the hardware that is making it crash, for example. I tried to play BF1942 on an older card, it said it supported it but would not load all the way or crash, so it was a hardware isssue.

My computer:

Pent 4 1.6
GeForce FX 5200 256meg
768 RAM

Games I run just fine:

Half-Life 2 - Max settings
Splinter Cell 1 - Max settings
Splinter Cell 2 - Max settings
Splinter Cell 3 - Mid/Max settings
War Rock - Max settings
BattleField 2 - Mid settings
BattleFront 2 - Max settings
Doom 3 - Mid settings
Hitman 2 and 3 - Full settings
And a whole hell of a lot more, all that run with steady good FPS.

Blood Money runs like hell because of poor coding IMHO, they could have easily avoided this by simply putting the optiuon to use a lower setting of shaders. But Insted they slap the FX 5 series of cards on the box with *supported* next to It and It dosent run like It should.

They either need to fix It, or strike that off the box and stop supporting It, because a lot of people are going to get pissed, because there are a lot more of those of us who couldnt run out and drop 5 grand on a pimped out computer.

BrandonB
28th May 2006, 22:45
My computer:

Pent 4 1.6
GeForce FX 5200 256meg
768 RAM

Games I run just fine:

Half-Life 2 - Max settings
Splinter Cell 1 - Max settings
Splinter Cell 2 - Max settings
Splinter Cell 3 - Mid/Max settings
War Rock - Max settings
BattleField 2 - Mid settings
BattleFront 2 - Max settings
Doom 3 - Mid settings
Hitman 2 and 3 - Full settings
And a whole hell of a lot more, all that run with steady good FPS.

Blood Money runs like hell because of poor coding IMHO, they could have easily avoided this by simply putting the optiuon to use a lower setting of shaders. But Insted they slap the FX 5 series of cards on the box with *supported* next to It and It dosent run like It should.

They either need to fix It, or strike that off the box and stop supporting It, because a lot of people are going to get pissed, because there are a lot more of those of us who couldnt run out and drop 5 grand on a pimped out computer.

Wow, I had no idea a 5200 could run all that lol. Anyways, are you implying that I spent 5 grand on my computer? No no, only about $1200 total (maybe even less).

Reien
28th May 2006, 22:58
Wow, I had no idea a 5200 could run all that lol. Anyways, are you implying that I spent 5 grand on my computer? No no, only about $1200 total (maybe even less).

Yes, runs It just fine, and all I ment Is Im getting a wee bit tired of people saying to run out and buy a new computer to fix the problem, the game says the FX series of cards ARE SUPPORTED, the game should run with a reasonable frame rate before the company puts that on the box.

Id like to see a little less ripping on the cards and a little more support from the freaking support team. If the saders are causeing the problem (and I belive they are) they get to work on fixing that, or take the cards off the box.

BrandonB
28th May 2006, 23:06
Yes, runs It just fine, and all I ment Is Im getting a wee bit tired of people saying to run out and buy a new computer to fix the problem, the game says the FX series of cards ARE SUPPORTED, the game should run with a reasonable frame rate before the company puts that on the box.

Id like to see a little less ripping on the cards and a little more support from the freaking support team. If the saders are causeing the problem (and I belive they are) they get to work on fixing that, or take the cards off the box.

I completely agree with you, you pretty much said it all. So I wont say it again, but yes indeed they should fix that. And it is (IMO) very hurtful to the costumer base if they say they are going to support something but dont (and we all know game companies are nothing without a costomer base). Even if they would just acknowlage that there is a problem and that they are working on it, atleast the people haveing problems would know a patch or something is on the way. Even though I'm not haveing problems with the game, I am still just as upset that they would do that.

Reien
28th May 2006, 23:10
The only thing that bothers me about It Is this:

Not ONE person with 'Eidos' under their name has pop Into to say ANYTHING, be It that they are working on a fix, or to go to hell. Id just like a little bit of attention tossed this way for all of us with 5 series cards. They get one patch out that fix the problem for some cards and now they dont say a DAMN thing about the rest of us.

I honestly wouldnt be the least bit upset If they stopped supporting the 5 series because of a problem with the GPU, atleast It would be SOMETHING.

BrandonB
29th May 2006, 00:44
The only thing that bothers me about It Is this:

Not ONE person with 'Eidos' under their name has pop Into to say ANYTHING, be It that they are working on a fix, or to go to hell. Id just like a little bit of attention tossed this way for all of us with 5 series cards. They get one patch out that fix the problem for some cards and now they dont say a DAMN thing about the rest of us.

I honestly wouldnt be the least bit upset If they stopped supporting the 5 series because of a problem with the GPU, atleast It would be SOMETHING.

Maybe they just dont want to admit that they made a mistake? I really dont know. But I hope they can get it all worked out.

Karthik
29th May 2006, 02:03

Wow, just wow. I hope you know what you're talking about cause the last time I checked the XBOX uses a DX8 renderer while the PS2 has no hardware shaders yet they can run Blood Money. Obviously there's a way to make it run faster on FX hardware(forget GeForce 3 and 4 for the moment) by using low level shaders but you guys decide to use shaders 2.0 knowing the FX hardware can't handle it. Mind telling us why?

Reien
29th May 2006, 02:26
Thought Id toss this down:

http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31712

A slight fps fix that might work for some, It did a little for me, still unplayable though, he said its great for him. Give It a shot.

Xcom
29th May 2006, 02:45
last time I checked the XBOX uses a DX8 renderer while the PS2 has no hardware shaders yet they can run Blood Money.

I fail to see the relevance. Obviously, the game wasn't directly ported from Xbox to PC, otherwise it would have looked like 3-4 year old game.

you guys decide to use shaders 2.0 knowing the FX hardware can't handle it. Mind telling us why?

According to what I found (http://www.answers.com/topic/geforce-fx), FX can handle shader model 2.0. This is probably why it was specified as absolute minimum to run the game.

Reien
29th May 2006, 03:54
I fail to see the relevance. Obviously, the game wasn't directly ported from Xbox to PC, otherwise it would have looked like 3-4 year old game.

I think his point Is the Xbox version works, and the Xbox dosent have 2.0 shaders because the video card Is a modded geforce 3...so the game should have already had the ablity to play without 2.0 shaders, but they changed It.

According to what I found (http://www.answers.com/topic/geforce-fx), FX can handle shader model 2.0. This is probably why it was specified as absolute minimum to run the game.

Being able to handle something and being able to go more then 5FPS without looking up at the sky, are two different things. It seems to me that the devs went bonkers with the 2.0 shaders trying to make the game look as good as they could (and it dose look good) without stopping to consider the minimum requirements they set for the game.

They either need to find a fix, or some how *patch in* a lower version of shaders, If you can even do that.

Xcom
29th May 2006, 04:38
I think his point Is the Xbox version works, and the Xbox dosent have 2.0 shaders because the video card Is a modded geforce 3...so the game should have already had the ablity to play without 2.0 shaders, but they changed It.

Why should anyone care if it works on Xbox and how it works on it. We're talking about PC. It was clearly stated that (for the PC) you need viodecard with shader model 2.0 and FX does have it.

Reien
29th May 2006, 05:21
Why should anyone care if it works on Xbox and how it works on it. We're talking about PC. It was clearly stated that (for the PC) you need viodecard with shader model 2.0 and FX does have it.

The point Is the game works with the lower level shaders, and If the PC version testers had done their job they might have found that the 2.0 shaders dont run all that well In abundance on the FX 5 series of cards, so the lower shaders may have been included, and this whole god forsaken mess would have been avoided.

And as I stated before, having the ablity to run and having the ablity to run well are two different things, and If eidos chucked this card on the box just to sell more copies then dump their customers, people are going to get a little more then pissed off.

They need to pull their heads out of their backsides and DO something about It, because this is not sound business practice.

Xcom
29th May 2006, 17:07
The point Is the game works with the lower level shaders

I honestly believe that it's more than just shaders. In Xbox version, everything was probably reduced in quality: textures, models, effects, etc. Basically, that's whole another version of the game. I don't think there will be "Turn your pc version into Xbox version" patch.

And as I stated before, having the ablity to run and having the ablity to run well are two different things

I know very few games that you can run well when your system just barely meets the minimum requirements.

Karthik
29th May 2006, 17:21
I honestly believe that it's more than just shaders. In Xbox version, everything was probably reduced in quality: textures, models, effects, etc. Basically, that's whole another version of the game. I don't think there will be "Turn your pc version into Xbox version" patch.
I know very few games that you can run well when your system just barely meets the minimum requirements.
Good God.....:mad2:
You really don't understand the point here do you. People here want to run the game faster on the FX hardware. The FX is known for it's poor shader model 2.0 support. When Valve was developing Half Life2 they noticed that the FX cards just couldn't run at a playable speeds using shader model 2.0. They decided to to put an option whereby PCs with FX cards will automatically go shader model 1.x(ie 1.1, 1.3 or 1.4). bare in mind that it has nothing to do with the poly count and textures. It only changes the shader effects. Nothing else.

Just because the FX can support shader model 2.0, it doesn't mean it'll run it at playable speeds. If you do not believe ask you tech team about FX cards and shader model 2.0. If you still don't get the point then.......

Reien
29th May 2006, 17:55

I dont think anyone Is looking for a total conversion patch here X, just want the damn shaders to be a little more varied so the thing will run proper on the cards they said are supported, this is not supported in the least.

As Iv said countless times before, and always passed up when someone wants to make their point, Iv ran many games where the minimum requirements were OVER (hope you can see it this time) my computer and most of them ran fine, some I had to tweak, others ran right out of the box.

It wouldnt have killed Eidos to check and make sure that the lower end systems could take It before slapping It on the box. If they had done their jobs right then they would have found that the 2.0 shaders run the 5 series cards ragged and could have done one of two things:

1.Added In the option to use lower shaders.
2.Not put the cards on the box and supported.

But rather then follow sound business practices and do this, they desided to toss it on the box anyways, and now that people are pissed all we get is silence from the company and torn in half by people with better systems.

Xcom
29th May 2006, 17:55
People here want to run the game faster on the FX hardware.

Yes, and I want to drive Porsche instead of VW. :D

The FX is known for it's poor shader model 2.0 support.

Then why did you buy something that specifically requires SM2.0?

When Valve was developing Half Life2 ...

Half Life 2 was released in November 2004. That makes it what -- a 1.5+ year old game? Technology progressed a bit since then..

Just because the FX can support shader model 2.0, it doesn't mean it'll run it at playable speeds.

What constitutes "playable speeds" is debatable. As far as I know, no one has ever said that you'll get great framefrate on the crappiest (albeit supported) card.

Reien
29th May 2006, 17:58
Yes, and I want to drive Porsche instead of VW. :D

Then why did you buy something that specifically requires SM2.0?

Half Life 2 was released in November 2004. That makes it what -- a 1.5+ year old game? Technology progressed a bit since then..

What constitutes "playable speeds" is debatable. As far as I know, no one has ever said that you'll get great framefrate on the crappiest (albeit supported) card.

With responses like this, It saddens me to see 'Moderator' under your name....

EDIT:

One a side note....

http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31801

Seems some random person came up with a workaround, im checking it now, already scanned so I know theres nothing on it. Ill pop back and give ya a report.

Xcom
29th May 2006, 18:06
Iv ran many games where the minimum requirements were OVER (hope you can see it this time) my computer and most of them ran fine, some I had to tweak, others ran right out of the box.

I am not interested in how "other" games ran for you. How game X runs on your computer is not an indication that game Y should run just as well. Games are not developed by the same people, over the same amount time and using the same technology over and over. Sure, some are more optimized and tweakable than the others, but you can't expect every game to be like this. If you successfully ran games which required more than you have, that only means you've been lucky, nothing more.

Mobb Deep
29th May 2006, 18:06
Instead fight like Biatches lets wait for another patch and talk about the weather ore other stuff

Xcom
29th May 2006, 18:16
With responses like this, It saddens me to see 'Moderator' under your name....

Being a mod, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

Believe me when I say that I want you to have great experience with HMB, but I just feel your expectations (in relation to your hardware) are unrealistic. I hope I am wrong though.

Reien
29th May 2006, 18:27
Being a mod, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

Believe me when I say that I want you to have great experience with HMB, but I just feel your expectations (in relation to your hardware) are unrealistic. I hope I am wrong though.

Im not saying you cant have your own opinion, but you dont have to be an ass about It. Being sarcastic Isnt the best way to get people to listen to you.

I dont feel asking for a little more then 5FPS with no word from anyone about looking Into It Is unrealistic. They tossed out one patch that fix It for some people and not for others and that It, not even a 'Hey we know some still have problems, we are looking Into It'. I understand they have lives and their jobs can be demanding, but telling your customers nothing while they gather waiting for a response Isnt going to help, Its just going to piss them off.

Again on a side note, that patch works wonderfully, no lag at all. Only problem Is the weapons and some Items are missing :(, but hey, Its a start. And a bit of proff that my system can handel It If the shaders are fixed, changed or whatever.

medo1983
30th May 2006, 14:57
Here are my system specs.
2.8GH Intel pentium 4 processor
1 Gb of ram
Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200 display card(which i bought yesterday to blay HM:BM)

The problem is the game is sooooo solw, totally unplayable even after applying the 1.1 patch from eidos.

Now i just have a Q, if the game doesn't run well of the damn Nvidia FX series why the hell did u ppl at eidos write that a minimum display card is nvidia Fx series cos relying on what u said in the readme file I went yesterday and bought a Nvidia fx 5200 display card hoping the game will work, now i see that i just wasted the money because of such a false statement in the readme file. So, finally damn it all.

Rayden
30th May 2006, 15:04
ok you just bought it lets see what can you do. Package it back up and return it oh what an easy solution.

Xcom
30th May 2006, 15:58
but telling your customers nothing while they gather waiting for a response Isnt going to help

It is still too early. The game is just being released in NA.

puppeteer
30th May 2006, 16:30
southbrook

Default fx5200
I'm running 2.7ghz celeron, 512 ddr400, 200gb hdd and an fx5200 128mb graphics card. Not a great setup I admit! cant even play the game at all.....
Pointer jumps and game very very slow?

southbrook your first problem is you use a celeron
second problem is 512 mb of ram todays average ram is 1Gig
Third but most imprtant is you use a Geforce FX card the worse line of cards nvidia made that were utter crap!
Time to upgrade that pc.

Karthik
31st May 2006, 04:16
Im not saying you cant have your own opinion, but you dont have to be an ass about It. Being sarcastic Isnt the best way to get people to listen to you.

Again on a side note, that patch works wonderfully, no lag at all. Only problem Is the weapons and some Items are missing :(, but hey, Its a start. And a bit of proff that my system can handel It If the shaders are fixed, changed or whatever.

Well if there's enough demand and interest in Hitman modding like in Oblivion then yeah, I guess the problem will be fixed sooner than Eidos or IOI wants to fix it.
An alternative method is if someone dumps the shader files from the XBOX version to the PC but I pretty skeptic about it.
then again you might never know.

BrandonB
31st May 2006, 05:26
An alternative method is if someone dumps the shader files from the XBOX version to the PC but I pretty skeptic about it.
then again you might never know.

Ugh, it doesn't work like that. You cant take xbox code and "dump" it onto PC and think it will work. And PLEASE stop all this ***** about it working on xbox. The xbox is a console, the PC IS NOT! Its going to work differently period. Its got to be a hardware issue, if it were the game code then why would non 5 series that either do or dont have shader 2.0 run the game just fine? I am usualy a nice person, but that is the most retarted thing I have ever heard: "An alternative method is if someone dumps the shader files from the XBOX version to the PC but I pretty skeptic about it.
then again you might never know".

If you will excuse me, I have lost all hope in humanity and I am going to kill my self. *bashes head into wall* :mad2:

G_UNOT
31st May 2006, 06:59
i spent 3 whole hours trying to sort it out and i finally have i have a geforce fx 5500 and it just started working. what u do is download the unofficial patch from somewhere coz there is this guy that happened to know how to do it and he made a patch. i will post it in a bit i need to find it first. first u have to manualy installl the patch and then change your nvidia setting coulors to 16 bit.
srry for touble but i was in a hurry when i wrote this:mad2:

G_UNOT
31st May 2006, 07:01
search this forum the patch should be in there http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31712
this patch is a mod that gets rid of the pixel shader coz that is what gets the pc laggy REMEMBER TO CHANGE THE COULOUR BIT RATE TO 16!!!!!!!!!:rasp:

BrandonB
31st May 2006, 16:30
Oh my god G-UNOT, I'm pretty sure you CANT play the game with out the shaders on PC version. Again, I'm off to kill my self. :mad2: And its not the frikking shaders for god sakes! Its just a problem with the 5 series, if you are having issues with other cards then I'm not sure what the issue is but I dont know why you guys think its the shaders that are causing the problem.

Reien
1st Jun 2006, 01:05
Oh my god G-UNOT, I'm pretty sure you CANT play the game with out the shaders on PC version. Again, I'm off to kill my self. :mad2: And its not the frikking shaders for god sakes! Its just a problem with the 5 series, if you are having issues with other cards then I'm not sure what the issue is but I dont know why you guys think its the shaders that are causing the problem.

If you had tried It you might have a bit more insight B...useing 3d analyze to 'skip' the 2.0 shaders works just fine....you just cant play the game that way because the screen goes all wiggy, wierd textures and the like.

The other patch that more or less 'removes' most shaders, but keeps some intact, also works just fine...only bug Is a few Items, your weapons, and your Invintory dont show up.

You can shoot your guns with either fix, and when I used both of them the game ran great, no lag at all.

What seems to be escapeing you Is this:

If the devs had left the shaders alone, the game would work just fine on the 5 series. Granted, It IS the card that Is causeing the problem, because It dosent do to hot with the 2.0 shaders, but the devs slapped It on the box that the game works with the 5 Series, and currently It dosent.

And If you want to argue that 5FPS and below Is working, your a damn fool.

They either need to fix the problem or stop supporting the 5 Series...I doubt they will fix It because Im not sure about the ablity to add In a whole new set of shaders, I dont even know If thats possible.

degsy_2001
1st Jun 2006, 09:48
i agrey the shaders are the problem i have a 6600 pci and i have a problem with the new shaders the problem is they just not ther half the level is invisable one i figer out how to post a pic il show u what i meen im a bit new to this whole forum thing dont know how it all works yet

degsy_2001
1st Jun 2006, 12:39
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/hitman.76c.JPG (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS AS U CAN SEE I HAVE NO WALLS

dac10
1st Jun 2006, 12:44
ffs this is rediculous, why on earth have they released it!!! it doest work ffs. i have the 5500 fx btw.
please im a noob on here, could sombody please summarise what the problem is? thanks,

Karthik
2nd Jun 2006, 07:57
ffs this is rediculous, why on earth have they released it!!! it doest work ffs. i have the 5500 fx btw.
please im a noob on here, could sombody please summarise what the problem is? thanks,
The FX card finds it difficult to render some of the high end special effects. And to the guy who said that my theory of taking files from the XBOX to PC is impossible then you squat about programming and the XBOX's architecture.

Anyway, there's no point in arguing about this. The 2 options for FX users have is wait to for a patch(official or fanmade) or just upgrade to a low end GeForce 6 card.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

dac10
2nd Jun 2006, 10:01
The FX card finds it difficult to render some of the high end special effects. And to the guy who said that my theory of taking files from the XBOX to PC is impossible then you squat about programming and the XBOX's architecture.

Anyway, there's no point in arguing about this. The 2 options for FX users have is wait to for a patch(official or fanmade) or just upgrade to a low end GeForce 6 card.

thank you, the only person who tells it like it is. im sure you can understand my annoyance, ive been waiting for this game since i first heard about it. ive completed all 3 games now i have this it wont god damn work.
ps - i can get it working, but its on the lowest of the low rendering. and slow.
once again thanks,

mehfehbeh
3rd Jun 2006, 05:22
Well, being stuck with this problem myself - and being fairly annoyed overall...in part by Xcom.. (no offense intended; I'd say "well, sorry, screw off...whaddya expect?!" just won't work good.) I may as well chime in.

Sure, the FX5200 sucks for some modern games, but I don't think it's *that* bad a card. It does its job for most stuff. Heck, you can even overclock it a little without it complaining.

The issue of "Well, how X game plays in comparison to THIS one is irrelevant" = not true. Not even remotely true, I'd wager, from a pragmatic standpoint.

Really.

If, say, 15 different X's get released at or around the same time as HBM, and they share the same basic graphics levels, and compatibility, and even customizability insofar as embracing such crap cards as ours - and HBM doesn't match - that's definitely an issue.

All that out of the way, let's look at what I think is the situation:

Contracts. Same issue. Soon as I noticed the sputtering, I just sorta knew that it was gonna be a LOT worse next time.

Probably some quasi-experimental tweaking to see what kind of viewable improvements were possible. Made my little card choke to death.

Difference is, you could disable a thing or two in the INI and get rid of that gremlin. You can't here. Game crashes altogether. Not good! When I picked this game up, I did so on the assumption that after Contracts they would've done some more playtesting/feedback and realized - hey, guys - maybe our customers just aren't ready to ramp up the pretties like that, at least without allowing them to turn it off.

Had enough time between Hitman 2 and this sequel, certainly. Not trying to knock heads, but this is the truth. Eidos isn't an itty-bitty company no more. One would assume they're capable of this sort of thing. :)

SO...what I think is going on...the code with regards to pixel shading and likely a few other things is fairly convoluted, touchy, and it just miiiight not prefer to be "patched" per se.

Game is running kind of unstable as it is for lucky people who can play it, but I think they have ended up with their hands in a wasp's nest programming-wise this time around.

Second guess is that people are probably screaming around trying to figure out how the heck they can fix this stuff, attempting to sorta save face by just keeping quiet til they get the issues nailed down, and - most likely - kicking themselves for not anticipating this sort of stuff.

I do think, Xcom and your philosophical peers, that we peons of computing power are entitled to do something as utterly silly as just turn off pixel shading and the like. I know Contracts will run pretty friggin' good with that stuff disabled. Many other games, technologically similar, will run on my system without a hitch.

Bad approaches to programming and biting off more than you can chew as game developers is what this smells of.

If it isn't fixed soon, I'll return the game and be done with it, and Eidos can do without recouping their costs from me, anyway. I can't afford to replace computer hardware just to play a video game, and this was supposed to be a rare treat in between bills, bills, and more bills.

Sorry if this post is a little touchy, I'm sure it'll anger people - but someone had to get it out into the open.

BrandonB
3rd Jun 2006, 07:29

I was in a very bad mood the last few days, anything made me snap. That is a bad excuse I know, but for what its worth I'm sorry. And I was wrong for assuming that it is impossible to do that, and blah blah blah you get the idea lol.

Chandler Bing
3rd Jun 2006, 16:30
:scratch: Im planning on buying a GeForce 7300 GS OC 256MB PCI Express graphics card. does anyone know if this will run blood money smoothly?

Glossydog
3rd Jun 2006, 17:07
:scratch: Im planning on buying a GeForce 7300 GS OC 256MB PCI Express graphics card. does anyone know if this will run blood money smoothly?

Only if your motherboard supports PCI Express. ;)

Chandler Bing
3rd Jun 2006, 19:07
how do i know if my motherboard supports PCI Express? :scratch:

Silent_assasin
5th Jun 2006, 05:05
Q: will HBM work on gf 6200 . 256 mb , 128B ???

Reien
5th Jun 2006, 06:45
It should Silent, but on that same note, It *should* run on the 5 Series to. Your best bet Is to DL the demo and give It a shot.

If the demo runs then your good to go.

Silent_assasin
5th Jun 2006, 07:08
i have full version ... i was asking , if hbm will work BETTER on fx 6200:D

Karthik
5th Jun 2006, 12:37
i have full version ... i was asking , if hbm will work BETTER on fx 6200:D
I should because it's optimized with shaders 2.0. Just don't expect to run it on 1600 by 1200 full settings and 4X FSAA.

Silent_assasin
5th Jun 2006, 15:03
lol , no , 1024x768 its enough , and i dont use anti-alising , i dont even know what is for .. just details ...i dont like playing games with no detail

JG777
8th Jun 2006, 16:28
Anyone with a Geforce FX card is stuck with a $40 coaster. Nuff said.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Whatever101
8th Jun 2006, 17:24
Anyone with a Geforce FX card is stuck with a $40 coaster. Nuff said.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
not true. they're making a patch for fx users.

Reien
8th Jun 2006, 19:39
not true. they're making a patch for fx users.

I for one will belive It when I see It. Not that I don't have faith they won't atleast give It a try, but Iv seen many companies say one thing and do another.