PDA

View Full Version : This int very fair

ReSurEct
26th May 2006, 18:42
if you quit a mission, youve gotta redo the mission before it to be able to get back on to the mission you quit, thats not very fair i think. Especially when its not a easy game, well i dont think it is.

xbox 360

Reien
26th May 2006, 19:21
Yeah, they really went back to the roots of the series. In the classic Code name 47 you couldnt save mid missions either, you also earn cash per mission to buy weapons and stock up on ammo to.

I for one LOVE this Idea, really makes you think before you act. Hitman 2 and Contracts are really easy because of the save feature.

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 19:27
But he shouldnt have to go thru that previous mission again, he should be able to restart the mission he is currently playing :confused: .

Reien
26th May 2006, 19:37
Shouldnt have to, If he saved at the end of the missions anyways.

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 19:42
Shouldnt have to, If he saved at the end of the missions anyways.

Nah, i mean the game should save automatically after someone completes a level, you shouldnt have to waste a save in the end of one level because of the next one... The hitman series always had a weird save system :scratch: .

Y-S
26th May 2006, 20:08
you can't save a game manually?

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 20:15
you can't save a game manually?

I dont know, i think you can save anytime but you can only reload if you are playing it?
Like if you take a break or something and launch the game again i think you will have to start over, im not sure about it though.

Xcom
26th May 2006, 20:15
Nah, i mean the game should save automatically after someone completes a level, you shouldnt have to waste a save in the end of one level because of the next one...

That part isn't a big deal, at least for me. Once you complete a level, you asked if you want to save your profile. Takes like a second. Another thing is saving while playing. Unless you're playing Pro, you can save you games for couple of times. Those saves are temporary which sucks. So, if you save in the middle of the level and then exit to the main menu, those saves are gone.

MsLedd
27th May 2006, 04:37
To add to what Xcom said... If you take a break/shut down mid mission, you can start from the beginning of that mission, you don't have to re-play all of the previous levels. I thought you did too, but realized if you start up/load profile/start game/choose difficulty you'll then havethe option of starting any level you've completed, as well as the one you had started.

I'd kill my dog for a quicksave though :mad2:

Reien
27th May 2006, 16:13
Well there IS a war to make your temp saves somewhat long lasting....something to the effect of this:

After you make a Quick Save alt+tab out of the game, go to the folder where your profile Is, make a copy of that save and put It on your desktop.

Once you want to reload from that spot, copy them back into your profile folder, they should show up on your load list.

Works for save slots 1-3 (whatever that means),.

Hope that helps.

BadSector
27th May 2006, 20:07
Well there IS a war to make your temp saves somewhat long lasting....something to the effect of this:

After you make a Quick Save alt+tab out of the game, go to the folder where your profile Is, make a copy of that save and put It on your desktop.

Once you want to reload from that spot, copy them back into your profile folder, they should show up on your load list.

Works for save slots 1-3 (whatever that means),.

Hope that helps.

Sure, and this just shows how retarded the save system is. Why not allow to conserve the saves in the first place, if you want to go to sleep or something??? The game isn't more challenging this way, or something, only more annoying.

webe123
5th Jun 2006, 21:41
Yeah, they really went back to the roots of the series. In the classic Code name 47 you couldnt save mid missions either, you also earn cash per mission to buy weapons and stock up on ammo to.

I for one LOVE this Idea, really makes you think before you act. Hitman 2 and Contracts are really easy because of the save feature.

Well YOU may love it but I think this is the STUPIDEST thing they have done with the game! What is wrong with giving OTHER people options?

You sound like it fits you and that's fine, but mabye other people have a life and want to save in the middle of a level without having to do the stupid level all over again....not to mention when it CRASHES in a level!

And I hope they DO learn from this. Because I hope people tell them exactly how stupid this save feature really is! Expecting people to finish a whole level is really stupid and backwards! This is 2006, you would think they would give people options, instead of going back to the horrible days of the first hitman....and I don't mean the gameplay...I mean the SAVES!

And if you think making people MAD because their game crashes and they cannot save in the middle of a mission and go back to it is wise, you had better think again! This can come back to bite eidos in the butt and I hope it does!