PDA

View Full Version : Patch Version 1.1

Xcom
26th May 2006, 14:55
This is the patch for the full game:

This patch contains fixes to the following issues:

- Fix to the low performance problems that have been experienced on some hardware configurations.
- After extended play sessions game could crash to desktop when transitioning between levels.
- Items could become stuck in mid-air if game was saved and then loaded directly after a throwing action.
- Hitman Logo on Main Menu could disappear at 1280x720 resolution.
- Screen borders on cutscenes could be displayed badly at certain screen resolutions.
- Game could crash if menu is invoked on death sequence after a 3 headshot revival has been performed.
- Game could crash if when loading and saving within certain locations after making changes to render options.
- Fix to blurring of Weapon Upgrade Icons when running at LOW in render options.
- Fix for very occasional graphics corruption when using fibre-wire in 1st person and moving camera very quickly.
- Fix for slightly oversized Red dot scope zoom.

Additional Information:
If you have an SLI configuration in your machine you can add the command 'enablesli' (without quotes) into the bottom of the

HitmanBloodMoney.ini file to enable the Managed Vertex Buffer which should result in some performance increase.
Important Note. This only applies to machines with an SLI configuration.

A very small number of users have reported instability on the "Curtains Down" level. A successful workaround for this problem is to lower the hardware acceleration slider for your audio device from within the dxdiag application:

(1) Select Run from the START Menu.
(2) Type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) in to the dialog box and press enter.
(3) Select the Sound tab
(4) Move the "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" slider to the left to disable Full Acceleration.
(5) Select Exit

Download:

English Version (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/patchinfo.html?ptid=87)
German Version (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/patchinfo.html?ptid=92)
French Version (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/patchinfo.html?ptid=89)
Spanish Version (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/patchinfo.html?ptid=91)
Italian Version (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/patchinfo.html?ptid=90)

sj4ck
26th May 2006, 15:34
well i downloaded and installed and it done NOTHING DIDNT FIX IT AT ALL!! because of the problem with the geforce 5 series we need that fixed think of all the people that went out today and bought this game and they cant play it because of some stupid error FIX THE GAME DAMNIT XD

Xcom
26th May 2006, 15:53
Option A: Wait for another patch
Option B: Buy a decent card

jaywalker2309
26th May 2006, 15:53
This patch is for English Language ONLY. Do not install on a language version. Language patches to follow asap

sj4ck
26th May 2006, 16:04
yeah my card is good enough to run it its just the series 5 problem and i downloaded the english one cause im from uk XD got my copy today and cant play YAS!!!

Reien
26th May 2006, 16:10
Option A: Wait for another patch
Option B: Buy a decent card

Option A:Sure, us with a 5 series can wait, but this should have been fixed LONG before If they slapped this on the supported card type.

Option B: Hand me the X amount of hundreds of dollars and Ill get right on that.

sj4ck
26th May 2006, 16:12
Option A:Sure, us with a 5 series can wait, but this should have been fixed LONG before If they slapped this on the supported card type.

Option B: Hand me the X amount of hundreds of dollars and Ill get right on that.
i agree :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Xcom
26th May 2006, 16:30

Ever thought of getting a job? :p

You don't need hundreds of dollars, for about $80, you can buy 6600.
If you can't afford that, it probably means you can't afford the game either. ;)

As for mentioning FX as supported card, I'd agree that it was probably a mistake (disclaimer: I'm not Eidos employee *cough*). But, let's face the facts: even if they make a patch to fix crashes (or whatever problems you have now), you will never get satisfactory performance with this crappy card. There are levels in Bloodmoney (especially one) where there are hundreds (or maybe thousands) characters rendered at the same time. There is just NO WAY you'll be getting more than 5fps there regardless the settings.

Reien
26th May 2006, 17:04
Ever thought of getting a job? :p

You don't need hundreds of dollars, for about $80, you can buy 6600.
If you can't afford that, it probably means you can't afford the game either. ;)

As for mentioning FX as supported card, I'd agree that it was probably a mistake (disclaimer: I'm not Eidos employee *cough*). But, let's face the facts: even if they make a patch to fix crashes (or whatever problems you have now), you will never get satisfactory performance with this crappy card. There are levels in Bloodmoney (especially one) where there are hundreds (or maybe thousands) characters rendered at the same time. There is just NO WAY you'll be getting more than 5fps there regardless the settings.

Its not easy to get a job where I live, 99% of the people who are working are the same people who have been at those jobs for 10+ years. And please, show me where I can get a 6600 for $80 thats not going to keel over In about a month. Im sure with a new card the game will run fine, but they need to fix the supported card list and fast before a lot of pissed off people come beating down their doors.

Xcom
26th May 2006, 17:08
And please, show me where I can get a 6600 for $80 thats not going to keel over In about a month.

check newegg.com. I believe I saw one for $80-$85.

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 17:44
Argh, my local store didnt get it yet and i will only be able to pick my copy next week :( .
I hope Eidos/IOI will release a patch in the future that adds the missing shell casings.

H:BM is not a HW demanding game (like fear, Doom3, GRAW, or even old Far Cry). You dont need a very strong CPU and 2 gigs of ram, just a half decent graphics card.

My 6600GT used to be mid range when it came out, there arent many new games i can run with antialiasing enabled but BM demo runs smooth @ 1280x1024 with 2x AA. I assume a 6200 256 should do ok at 1024x768 but i cant tell for sure.

There are levels in Bloodmoney (especially one) where there are hundreds (or maybe thousands) characters rendered at the same time.

I like the sound of that, anyone got a picture?

Xcom
26th May 2006, 18:23
I like the sound of that, anyone got a picture?

http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc121/th_67636_hitman_mardi_gras.jpg (http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc121&image=67636_hitman_mardi_gras.jpg)

Just took quick one. Perhaps not the best view, but there is huge amount of NPCs roaming the streets there. :D:thumbsup:

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 18:57
Woo, thanks. That looks.. tempting :D .

Reien
26th May 2006, 19:19
http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc121/th_67636_hitman_mardi_gras.jpg (http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc121&image=67636_hitman_mardi_gras.jpg)

Just took quick one. Perhaps not the best view, but there is huge amount of NPCs roaming the streets there. :D:thumbsup:

Holy hell man.....Im Impressed....even If they did fix the lag bug I agree, I doubt It would run worth a damn on that level. I just hope my processor can take It...corse from what I understand Its the video card that Is the big part for most games.

EDIT:

Okay, just looking around on newegg, hows this card look:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122203

I might be able to get soemthing like that, but Its still a stretch.

Xcom
26th May 2006, 19:47
Here is one more for ya..
http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc39/th_72718_hitman_hell.jpg (http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc39&image=72718_hitman_hell.jpg)

Not as many people as in previous, but still plenty.. for a blood bath massacre :p

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 20:04
Okay, just looking around on newegg, hows this card look:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122203

I might be able to get soemthing like that, but Its still a stretch.

That card is PCI-E, you will problably need the AGP one (that fits in your motherboard graphics slot), be aware and read carefully!

You mentioned you had an old dell 1.8 yabba yabba. I never owned a dell and i dont know what kind of mobos they ship with.

You need to be sure that wathever card you purchase is compatible with your mobo! If you are unsure try to contact Dell support or something, just be real positive about it so you dont end up spending $$ on a card you cant use! Keep in mind that those PC's are not supposed to be upgradeable..
Also the AGP series of GF6 cards also relly on external power feed (something about AGP not delivering has much juice has pci-e does), my 6600GT AGP requires an extra dongle conected to it directly from the power supply.
This means you need atleast a 350W psu and an extra available dongle like the ones that conect to other devices (like your HD).
Im not sure about the non GT version of the 6600 GPU but its likely to be the case.

Considering your not so optimal circunstances i thought i should give you a heads up :) .

EDIT:

You are an evil person x-com, you know i will have to wait till next week to pick up my copy and those teasers hurt, on the other hand they
make me want the game even more and anticipate the good times ahead so i also enjoy this torture, im a freak :eek: .

Xcom
26th May 2006, 20:36
The game is well worth waiting. Honestly, I didn't even expect it to be this good. Personally, I enjoyed every single level which is rather unusual, and the ending... oh well, probably the most original I've ever seen. Can't wait to get back playing, to try some new approaches.

edit:

Speaking of patches, if there is gonna be next one, I want "giveall" cheat to be fixed. :o :D

Reien
26th May 2006, 20:45
Heh, thats why I asked Alex, I know some about comps, but not a whole lot. Iv already looked up some on the comp I have and the max isnt to great, 2.0g proc, 1gb ram, and AGP compatable video cards, so Im sure It can take the 6600...and If not, hey, its one part down for when I get some cash to build a new box :D.

Looked around again and found this one, Its a bit mroe, but $10 wont kill me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143056

Any good?

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 21:02
Why is the AGP one more expensive than the PCI-E one?
I can recomend you a model but not a brand, if i couldnt pass the 100 mark the 6600256 AGP is what i would get.

But really keep in mind what i posted before, be sure that it works on your PC first!

Quillan
26th May 2006, 21:32
The GPU chip on the 6600 cards is native to PCI-Express. It has to have an adapter (HSI bridge, High Speed Interconnect, I think is what it stands for) added to make it work on AGP. Extra component, extra work, therefore extra cost.

backslide
26th May 2006, 23:45
Applied the patch and it didn't do anything.

All drivers (Catalyst and DirectX) updated.

On a laptop:
2.8 P4
1 GB RAM
ATI 9700 mobility 128 mb

My brother at home has a 3.0 P4, 1GB RAM and a 9800 128 mb on his desktop and his runs fine without the patch.

ltolman
27th May 2006, 00:56
Okay I'm confused.

The Demo to Hitman came out Monday the 22nd, two days later I think they issued a patch for the Demo to improve Framerates.

Today is May 26th and theres already a patch out..version 1.1; is that for the game or the Demo cause if its for the game, how??? The game aint out til May 31st (ships 30th)

Xcom
27th May 2006, 01:31
In some countries, games can be released earlier.

Reien
27th May 2006, 02:12
Applied the patch and it didn't do anything.

All drivers (Catalyst and DirectX) updated.

On a laptop:
2.8 P4
1 GB RAM
ATI 9700 mobility 128 mb

My brother at home has a 3.0 P4, 1GB RAM and a 9800 128 mb on his desktop and his runs fine without the patch.

This is getting annoying.....they really need to nail down whatever It Is causeing problems, and fast.....

Okay I'm confused.

The Demo to Hitman came out Monday the 22nd, two days later I think they issued a patch for the Demo to improve Framerates.

Today is May 26th and theres already a patch out..version 1.1; is that for the game or the Demo cause if its for the game, how??? The game aint out til May 31st (ships 30th)

26th for some, 30th for the US

backslide
27th May 2006, 17:52
Used Omega ATI drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net

along with the patch and it works fine now.

Reien
28th May 2006, 01:38
Used Omega ATI drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net

along with the patch and it works fine now.

That helps you ATI people, not us 5 Series that are still being tossed to the wayside....

rockout
28th May 2006, 01:43
oh btw, I know, you guys will get eye cancer because of my settings, but this is how mardi gras looks like on a geforce 3 ti 200 with extremely low graphic settings. but it works...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/hammerdrill/df37d5f9.jpg

Reien
28th May 2006, 02:00
oh btw, I know, you guys will get eye cancer because of my settings, but this is how mardi gras looks like on a geforce 3 ti 200 with extremely low graphic settings. but it works...

This pisses me off.....hes got a Geforce 3 TI 200 and he can run It....what kind of FPS do you get?

Come on Eidos, get on the freaking ball here....

rockout
28th May 2006, 02:12
its not that much fps on the roads of that level... but I guess its about 30 or 40 on the other levels and inside of houses. I know, thats still not much... but I'm a fan of Hitman, I NEED to play it somehow. my specs again:

P 4 / 1,8
Geforce 3 ti 200 (ugh!)
766 mb ram
Win XP Pro SP2

(actually the ram is not even working proper, I think its more like 512, if not less. this system is trash!)

Reien
28th May 2006, 03:08
its not that much fps on the roads of that level... but I guess its about 30 or 40 on the other levels and inside of houses. I know, thats still not much... but I'm a fan of Hitman, I NEED to play it somehow. my specs again:

P 4 / 1,8
Geforce 3 ti 200 (ugh!)
766 mb ram
Win XP Pro SP2

(actually the ram is not even working proper, I think its more like 512, if not less. this system is trash!)

30-40 is still more then enough for smooth play, hell 20 fps would be good enough. Snag FRAPS and you can check your FPS, and I can tell you right now on my computer:

P4 1.6
Geforce FX 5200 256
768MB DDR ram

It should run a HELL of a lot better then 5fps....

ltolman
28th May 2006, 21:35
I'm sure you've heard this a million times.

Another way for better framerate improvements are

1.) Make sure your hard drive is defragged. Best to tell by right clicking your hard drive, go to tools, click defrag and choose analyze (if you have Win XP) and it will say if you need to defrag or not

After computer Resets (for fresh boot)

2.) Disable your internet if youre playing an offline game so no one can hack into your computer or get any virus' (Trust me, I have DSL and having a shortcut to disable my net has decreased my Viruses a lot!!!)

3.) After disabling your intenet, you can disable your Anti Virus Auto Protection, choose "until system restart". Exit any other tasks in the lower right hand corner near the clock.....exit your Spyware program(s)

Start the game and see if you get any improvements

Also if you're running low on hard drive space, that can eat up a lot of resources too, make sure your programs drive and your gaming drive has at least 1-2gigs + free

Alandawi
28th May 2006, 22:14

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/hammerdrill/df37d5f9.jpg

How??? i have a Gf 5200 128 Mb and have Lag....(shaders 2.0 !, if i change to 1.1 run ok but crash whit the fire guns...)

How do you cant? what is your hitman.ini configuration?....

Good Luck!

Snowy Joe
29th May 2006, 08:19
I don't live in the united states or the united kindom. I live in Japan and grathics cards cost a hell of a lot. And my school will kick me out if I get a part time job. And the only poket money I get is 1000 yen a mounth, around $10US and a grathics card costs around $130Us because of all the ship ment and stuff. Can any one help me out?

Mobb Deep
29th May 2006, 11:36
I don't live in the united states or the united kindom. I live in Japan and grathics cards cost a hell of a lot. And my school will kick me out if I get a part time job. And the only poket money I get is 1000 yen a mounth, around $10US and a grathics card costs around $130Us because of all the ship ment and stuff. Can any one help me out?
Ask your parrents :D

rockout
30th May 2006, 16:34
I can't shoot. It crashes then, too. I can't see the smallest reason for that and I would love to read some explaination for it. If I enable the shader effects of hitman, it looks really impressive (for my specs), nice lightning effects that I haven't seen before on this Geforce 3 etc. But, whatever I do with my config, it looks always different, but runs just the same. (except for the mardi gras level, there its faster with the effects disabled). I really don't know ;)

gomfears
3rd Jun 2006, 03:42
Well the game crashes to the desktop for me when it starts loading the first level after playing the cinematic...so I installed the patch and now I click the icon and the red line starts going accross the screen as the game is getting started to launch then it just crashes to the desktop...:scratch:

I have the most current drivers and these are my specs...
Windows XP Home
AMD 64 Fx 4000+
Dual 6800 256Mb SLi
2 Gigs RAM

BlueBoldHitman
3rd Jun 2006, 05:09
First of all I had to go through a damn registration process in order to write a damn complain here. what does this eidos company think they are? I bought this game thinking it will work because thats what the damn specs says on the box...this patch they released didnt do a damn thing to fix nvidia user's problems. I WANT THIS THING FIXED NOW!! :mad2: and for those of you who keeps saying your graphic is bad and blah blah...i bet my pc is twice as good as yours...yea thats right.

NOW HOW CAN I CONTACT THESE PPL??

BrandonB
3rd Jun 2006, 07:25
First of all I had to go through a damn registration process in order to write a damn complain here. what does this eidos company think they are? I bought this game thinking it will work because thats what the damn specs says on the box...this patch they released didnt do a damn thing to fix nvidia user's problems. I WANT THIS THING FIXED NOW!! :mad2: and for those of you who keeps saying your graphic is bad and blah blah...i bet my pc is twice as good as yours...yea thats right.

NOW HOW CAN I CONTACT THESE PPL??

Look who's full of him self today, stop acting like a 5 year old. We can resolve this much easier if you would settle down and act like an adult. Tell us your problem, your system specs and all that. We will see what we can do.

BlueBoldHitman
3rd Jun 2006, 11:45
Look who's full of him self today, stop acting like a 5 year old. We can resolve this much easier if you would settle down and act like an adult. Tell us your problem, your system specs and all that. We will see what we can do.

Dude do YOU know what YOU are talking about? read a little carefuly. I feel like i have been cheated thats what the problem is...now can you help out? anyways ill calm down now. I bought this game for a lot of money and I cannot play it on my top of the line system. Now that i'm assured you are kind enough to find me a quick solution I will be waiting for your answer to my problem.

my system spec is prolly higher than yours...now my graphic card is Geforce FX 5600 256 MB of ram thats what matters for now. You said "We will see what we can do"...please don't act like I owe eidos a favor or some crap...they owe me money!

capesh

chaplain_wu
3rd Jun 2006, 13:10
Dude do YOU know what YOU are talking about? read a little carefuly. I feel like i have been cheated thats what the problem is...now can you help out? anyways ill calm down now. I bought this game for a lot of money and I cannot play it on my top of the line system. Now that i'm assured you are kind enough to find me a quick solution I will be waiting for your answer to my problem.

my system spec is prolly higher than yours...now my graphic card is Geforce FX 5600 256 MB of ram thats what matters for now. You said "We will see what we can do"...please don't act like I owe eidos a favor or some crap...they owe me money!

capesh
I know what he's talking about, and I'm sure he does too

Let me enlighten you on a nubmer of things:
First, Nvidia's FX series of graphics cards were a blunder. They failed to match Ati's then-current equivalents, and even some older cards were better than the FXs in a number of ways. The FX was a catastrophe for Nvidia- they sure learned their lesson by the tim ethe 6x00 series came out (they also ditched the flinch-invoking FX label)
Second, Your card sucks- unfortunate and harsh, even insulting, but truth. Whether you bought it after it was released or on May 31st doesnt matter- you shouldnt rush out to buy the newest card unless you're sure its actually good- the FX is testimony to the falllacy of new graphics cards= best theorem. If you had it since and tried it out on Blood Money, you should know by now full well an aged graphics card, especially a flawed one like that FX 5600 of yours, needs to go from your computer slot to the trash bin (the real one beside your desk) and a newer one to replace it. Thats life- older cards phased out are destined to the garbage can. Simple patches and other software can never replace a hardware upgrade. And if you bought it jsut because of Blood Money then you're a real idiot- it means you never bothered to see whether said card was any good and that you only glanced at the MINIMUM requirements to determine what card to get. Okay, so they said that the FX series is supported- that doesnt mean the game will play as good if you had a Ati x850xt card instead. Minimum requirements equals technically playable but frame rates of ~0.1 per second. Minimum upgrades mean minimal boost on performance.
Third, you complained how your system outfitted with a mid/low end graphics card in Fall 2002 won't run well on a game thats realeased May 31st, 2006 in the US. Four years of technology advancement can make a lot of difference to performacne of cards like the GeForce FX 5600.

Corroboration of FX Cards-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_FX
sure its wikipedia, but no company would admit their producsts are crap online, would they?

So the only real ways to do about your dilemma is:
-Ditch your old card. Get at least a 6600gt. If you're AGP restricted, 7800GT is the highest you can go. Sure it costs, but so did that FX 5600
-Deal with the low performance. Sure, patches and tweaks can marginally improve performance, but remember it can never equate the power of a better, newer card with improved technology.

Fourth,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capice
i'll bet you'll pronounce it just as wrong as you spelled it.

Chandler Bing
3rd Jun 2006, 16:35
:scratch: IM planning on buying a GeForce 7300 GS OC 256MB PCI Express graphics card. does anyone know i this will run blood money smoothly?

Xcom
3rd Jun 2006, 18:44
Yes, it should.

BrandonB
3rd Jun 2006, 21:12

capesh

For **** sakes stop acting so full of your self "my system specs are prolly higher then yours". Good god dude, we just want to know what exactaly they are, not that they MIGHT be higher then ours just tell us. Also look at my sig, I'm not bragging but I highly doubt yours is any better then that as I built it in late 2005 so its only about 6 months old and the graphics card isn't even 2 months old!

Chandler Bing
3rd Jun 2006, 21:23
How do i know if PCI Express graphics card:scratch: s will work on my computer?

BrandonB
3rd Jun 2006, 21:30
How do i know if PCI Express graphics card:scratch: s will work on my computer?

Are you sure you can even use PCI Express graphics cards? Your motherboard has to support it ya know?

*edit* oh, I'm an idiot you asked how you could find out lol, what kind of computer do you have? Is it a dell or whatever? Just give me the manufacture and the model number and I'll look it up for you.

Chandler Bing
3rd Jun 2006, 22:48
Are you sure you can even use PCI Express graphics cards? Your motherboard has to support it ya know?

*edit* oh, I'm an idiot you asked how you could find out lol, what kind of computer do you have? Is it a dell or whatever? Just give me the manufacture and the model number and I'll look it up for you.

ty. it is a Hewlett-Packard (hp) Pavillion AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+
Media Center Edition Version 2002 2.2GHz, 512MB of ram (+512 i added) , the model number might be m1160n but im not sure i saw that on the box so.

im not sure if this is all you need to know but please let me know

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 02:07
Media Center Edition Version 2002 2.2GHz, 512MB of ram (+512 i added) , the model number might be m1160n but im not sure i saw that on the box so.

Sorry for the delay, I need the model number. That might be located on the front or the back I'm not sure.

**EDIT**

I must be going crazy because I didn't even notice you listed the model number LOL

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 02:12

Sorry to inform you that you only have an AGP slot. Tell me what your budget is and I'll find you a nice AGP card.

chaplain_wu
4th Jun 2006, 02:45
:scratch: IM planning on buying a GeForce 7300 GS OC 256MB PCI Express graphics card. does anyone know i this will run blood money smoothly?
its still a pretty lower midrange card though. try going for a 7600gt instead. the large video ram wont compensate for low clock speeds and such

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 02:53
its still a pretty lower midrange card though. try going for a 7600gt instead. the large video ram wont compensate for low clock speeds and such

Ok, I cant find a 7600GT on newegg that is AGP. I have googled for it but its all from sellers I wouldn't buy from and is in the 200 buck range. For 100 bucks more he could have a 7800GS AGP. Link (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130275).
Its the best AGP card on the market IMO. AGP is a dying standard, for some reason its more expensive most of the time. If you get a 7800GS it'll be the last AGP card you get because its probably the best AGP card out there. Soon you will have to upgrade to PCI-E should you decide to go with something more powerfull.

Chandler Bing
4th Jun 2006, 02:55
Sorry to inform you that you only have an AGP slot. Tell me what your budget is and I'll find you a nice AGP card.

Oh well thx anyways. My budget is around 150-200 canadian dollars and i for sure want an Nvidea card. And it has to run this game smoothly :nut:

Chandler Bing
4th Jun 2006, 03:08
Ok, I cant find a 7600GT on newegg that is AGP. I have googled for it but its all from sellers I wouldn't buy from and is in the 200 buck range. For 100 bucks more he could have a 7800GS AGP. Link (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130275).
Its the best AGP card on the market IMO. AGP is a dying standard, for some reason its more expensive most of the time. If you get a 7800GS it'll be the last AGP card you get because its probably the best AGP card out there. Soon you will have to upgrade to PCI-E should you decide to go with something more powerfull.

But is there any AGP card other than the 7800 that is less expensive and will run the game smoothly? (excluding the 5 series)

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 03:11
But is there any AGP card other than the 7800 that is less expensive and will run the game smoothly? (excluding the 5 series)

I can try to find something, but you probably wont be able to buy it from newegg because you are in canada, I dont think they ship there. Lets see, 200 canadian dollars is about 181 US dollars. I'll see what I can find.

Chandler Bing
4th Jun 2006, 03:13
I can try to find something, but you probably wont be able to buy it from newegg because you are in canada, I dont think they ship there.
ya i dont need it from there. i just need to know the name of the card and ill buy it at a store where i live. if you find one please tell me.

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 03:14
ya i dont need it from there. i just need to know the name of the card and ill buy it at a store where i live. if you find one please tell me.

Its going to be 10 times more expensive at a local store. I would find an online store if I were you.

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 03:17
Ok, best card for you would probably be a 6800XT. Link (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130268).

Chandler Bing
4th Jun 2006, 03:19
Its going to be 10 times more expensive at a local store. I would find an online store if I were you.

Ya i geuss your right but if there are any problems with the card it is a hassle to retuen it online. I'll check for some online stores in canada.

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 03:21
Ya i geuss your right but if there are any problems with the card it is a hassle to retuen it online. I'll check for some online stores in canada.

Find a reputable (sp?) online store, if you dont like what you see then go ahead and get it at a store. Just saying it could be up to 100 bucks more then it would be online (maybe more maybe less, it depends).

Chandler Bing
4th Jun 2006, 03:24
Find a reputable (sp?) online store, if you dont like what you see then go ahead and get it at a store. Just saying it could be up to 100 bucks more then it would be online (maybe more maybe less, it depends).

Do i only have AGP as an option for Nvidea cards?

BrandonB
4th Jun 2006, 03:26
Do i only have AGP as an option for Nvidea cards?

You can only use AGP, you can either use an ATI AGP card or an nVidia AGP card.

*edit*

If you have AIM messenger or MSN messenger or yahoo messenger let me know the user name and we can talk over that.

Chandler Bing
4th Jun 2006, 03:35
You can only use AGP, you can either use an ATI AGP card or an nVidia AGP card.

*edit*

If you have AIM messenger or MSN messenger or yahoo messenger let me know the user name and we can talk over that.

my email adress is in your private messages. i use MSN messenger

BlueBoldHitman
4th Jun 2006, 05:03
I know what he's talking about, and I'm sure he does too

Let me enlighten you on a nubmer of things:
First, Nvidia's FX series of graphics cards were a blunder. They failed to match Ati's then-current equivalents, and even some older cards were better than the FXs in a number of ways. The FX was a catastrophe for Nvidia- they sure learned their lesson by the tim ethe 6x00 series came out (they also ditched the flinch-invoking FX label)
Second, Your card sucks- unfortunate and harsh, even insulting, but truth. Whether you bought it after it was released or on May 31st doesnt matter- you shouldnt rush out to buy the newest card unless you're sure its actually good- the FX is testimony to the falllacy of new graphics cards= best theorem. If you had it since and tried it out on Blood Money, you should know by now full well an aged graphics card, especially a flawed one like that FX 5600 of yours, needs to go from your computer slot to the trash bin (the real one beside your desk) and a newer one to replace it. Thats life- older cards phased out are destined to the garbage can. Simple patches and other software can never replace a hardware upgrade. And if you bought it jsut because of Blood Money then you're a real idiot- it means you never bothered to see whether said card was any good and that you only glanced at the MINIMUM requirements to determine what card to get. Okay, so they said that the FX series is supported- that doesnt mean the game will play as good if you had a Ati x850xt card instead. Minimum requirements equals technically playable but frame rates of ~0.1 per second. Minimum upgrades mean minimal boost on performance.
Third, you complained how your system outfitted with a mid/low end graphics card in Fall 2002 won't run well on a game thats realeased May 31st, 2006 in the US. Four years of technology advancement can make a lot of difference to performacne of cards like the GeForce FX 5600.

Corroboration of FX Cards-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_FX
sure its wikipedia, but no company would admit their producsts are crap online, would they?

So the only real ways to do about your dilemma is:
-Ditch your old card. Get at least a 6600gt. If you're AGP restricted, 7800GT is the highest you can go. Sure it costs, but so did that FX 5600
-Deal with the low performance. Sure, patches and tweaks can marginally improve performance, but remember it can never equate the power of a better, newer card with improved technology.

Fourth,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capice
i'll bet you'll pronounce it just as wrong as you spelled it.

Thank you Mr. Charlie chaplain WOOOOO haha...I realy appreciated your help. and so you said the best AGP pro out there for me is 6600 gt and 7800 and thats all? that sucks bad. anyways, anything you can tell me that will improve performance just a bit on my 5600 fx card?

and yes the way its pronounced I write!

CAPESH?? :mad: :mad:

LadyJamie
4th Jun 2006, 06:21
www.pricewatch.com

for all the cheapest computer part needs. Enjoy!

Out of Sanity
5th Jun 2006, 10:45
I hope it's ok when i post this message here because otherwise it would just been lost in the list of posts:

I just wanted to say that I found a graphical bug for a door in the level "Tilll Death Do Us Part" at the left rear site of the main building (the side where the dog is)
the door is shimmering someway.

http://malibukiller.ma.funpic.de/bug1.jpg

in the same level Mr.47 is dropping in in a strange way at the beginning of the mission

http://malibukiller.ma.funpic.de/bug2.jpg

Same happens at the beginning of "A New Life"

http://malibukiller.ma.funpic.de/bug5.jpg

and I found another / another 2 things, in two of the newspapers there are some texts that either are written exactly on the border so or they are interleaved , in both cases it only affects the last line of a text.

The first glitch is in the Newspaper after "Till Death Do Us Part"

http://malibukiller.ma.funpic.de/bug4.jpg

The other one is in the newspaper at the end of "Amendment XXV"

http://malibukiller.ma.funpic.de/bug6.jpg

I hope I can help with this information if there should be developed a 1.2 patch

stegman
5th Jun 2006, 10:54
The patch did nothing to fix my problem.

...H:BM is not a HW demanding game (like fear, Doom3, GRAW, or even old Far Cry). You dont need a very strong CPU and 2 gigs of ram, just a half decent graphics card.

My 6600GT used to be mid range when it came out, there arent many new games i can run with antialiasing enabled but BM demo runs smooth @ 1280x1024 with 2x AA. I assume a 6200 256 should do ok at 1024x768 but i cant tell for sure...

Not HW intensive eh? I had FarCry, ran fine. I had Doom3, ran fine too. But Hitman:BM will not run!
I know the graphics i have is old, but it did run Doom and Farcry, should it run Hitman?
I have a good old nVidea 4 Ti4200, shouldn't that work?

Mike_B
5th Jun 2006, 13:58
The Geforce 4 Ti isn't even listed with the minimum requirements the patch doesn't fix the problem because nowhere does it claim it should fix the issue. It's an old card if you card ran those other games then you're lucky the developers of those games took the time to optimize some stuff for your card. But games are developed by different developers and use different technology and clearly Hitman BM doesn't support your card.

stegman
5th Jun 2006, 14:21
The Geforce 4 Ti isn't even listed with the minimum requirements the patch doesn't fix the problem because nowhere does it claim it should fix the issue. It's an old card if you card ran those other games then you're lucky the developers of those games took the time to optimize some stuff for your card. But games are developed by different developers and use different technology and clearly Hitman BM doesn't support your card.

OH Fudge!

Dagnam it!:mad:

So, new card then is it? Geforce 6200 ok? WIll that work?:confused:

BrandonB
5th Jun 2006, 21:21
OH Fudge!

Dagnam it!:mad:

So, new card then is it? Geforce 6200 ok? WIll that work?:confused:

First, Yes it SHOULD work.
Second, Make sure you can use it, go to your computer manufactures website and see what the motherboard is, it should either be AGP compatible or PCI-E compatible.

stegman
6th Jun 2006, 08:58
First, Yes it SHOULD work.
Second, Make sure you can use it, go to your computer manufactures website and see what the motherboard is, it should either be AGP compatible or PCI-E compatible.
I built my PC my self.
It has an AGP slot but no PCIE. (it's all about three years old.)

Now, off to find a new card :)

thanks for your help.
Stegman

P.S.
@Eidos
Sorry...
{walks away with tail between legs like a small beaten dog...}:(

BrandonB
6th Jun 2006, 18:50
I built my PC my self.
It has an AGP slot but no PCIE. (it's all about three years old.)

Now, off to find a new card :)

thanks for your help.
Stegman

P.S.
@Eidos
Sorry...
{walks away with tail between legs like a small beaten dog...}:(

I recommend getting a 6800GT atleast TBH, if you haven't bought something already and you live in the US I'll help you find something on newegg lol. (Unless of course you already know about newegg because you build computers, then I trust that you could find something without any help lol).

BlueBoldHitman
7th Jun 2006, 05:25
hey how come then my 5600 geforce 256 cannot run this game? i mean it is after all 5600... newer model.

by the way i have 512 of ram is that why?? everything else is pretty high.

BrandonB
7th Jun 2006, 06:26
hey how come then my 5600 geforce 256 cannot run this game? i mean it is after all 5600... newer model.

by the way i have 512 of ram is that why?? everything else is pretty high.

I'd upgrade to 1GB of RAM if possible.

chaplain_wu
7th Jun 2006, 10:33
Thank you Mr. Charlie chaplain WOOOOO haha...I realy appreciated your help. and so you said the best AGP pro out there for me is 6600 gt and 7800 and thats all? that sucks bad. anyways, anything you can tell me that will improve performance just a bit on my 5600 fx card?

and yes the way its pronounced I write!

CAPESH?? :mad: :mad:
a 6200 is the lowest upgrade i would recommend, and the 7800gt the best out there so far for agp. Ati has a x1600, but thats a near equivalent of a 6600gt which is starting to get old. so either a 6800 type or 7800gt if you're aiming for performance (i guess you are since you're complaining about low frames) or a 6200 (preferably at least a 6600gt if you're just going up one notch up the upgrade book

yes,you learned it was pronounced "kapeesh" but thats wrong

Solid Snake
7th Jun 2006, 17:12
Error no hitmanbloodmonetpatch1.1 found (error 1)... And its right there! Whats wrong with it!!?

Xcom
7th Jun 2006, 21:51
When do you get this?

Gorro
7th Jun 2006, 23:16
Hello

I recently bought this very excellent game however I am experiencing an issue on a high end rig.

So, I received the game, immediatly patched it to 1.1 and was highly disappointed at some aspects of the performance, in that I was experiencing hitching or very jerky movement when moving around (though FPS remained high, movement was simply very jerky as though frames were being skipped). I troubleshooted my PC for roughly 3-4 hours to figure the cause and it all came back to being a game issue...

So... using some brain work (played the game before and didn't experience any hitching) I deleted the game, reinstalled it without patching and no longer experience any hitching. In fact the game runs phenominally smooth on my PC now. however, I have read that the 1.1 patch fixes crashing issues so I am worried I will encounter them now....

My pc:

Dual Core Opteron @ 2.8ghz
2 gig PC4000 ram]
Dual 7800 GTX 512's in SLI
Epsilon 700W PSU
Envy-24 sound card etc

The hitching or stuttering issue reminds me of when people talk about the dual core error from a while back. I do have the AMD drivers for dual core installed though and other games seem smooth. So I wonder if 1.1 killed some aspects of performance for some systems? I mean why does the game run much worse using the 1.1 patch on my PC?

My younger brother (who lives in a different part of the country than me) is experiencing the issue as well since he patched to 1.1 though he is using a cracked copy of the game I think :mad2: He also has a dual core CPU but is just using a single 6800GT video card.

Xcom
7th Jun 2006, 23:20
After installing the patch, have you added "enablesli" line in the HitmanBloodMoney.ini as was mentioned in the patch info?

Gorro
7th Jun 2006, 23:21
Actually I didn't.

I will install the patch and try that right now. My younger brother seems to have the issue as well though (he's on dual core) be he isn't using SLI.

Gorro
7th Jun 2006, 23:34
That seems to have fixed it. Thanks a bunch!

Xcom
8th Jun 2006, 00:28
No problem.

Unfortunetly for your brother, we cannot troubleshoot issues with cracked .exe. There is no way of telling what kind of effect they might have on stability.

Chandler Bing
8th Jun 2006, 00:33
Was i supposed to do something once i installed the patch? i hear talk about changing something in the hitman.ini or something. can someone tell me what im supposed to do after i install the patch? and how do i know if my system is a SLI configuration?

Xcom
8th Jun 2006, 03:01
Just saw a post at hitmanforum. Apparently, new patch is on way and supposedly, FX cards issues have been addressed. yay!

Was i supposed to do something once i installed the patch? i hear talk about changing something in the hitman.ini or something. can someone tell me what im supposed to do after i install the patch? and how do i know if my system is a SLI configuration?

No, *you* don't have to do anything extra. Judging by your previous posts, your system is not in SLI configuration.

stegman
8th Jun 2006, 08:10
Error no hitmanbloodmonetpatch1.1 found (error 1)... And its right there! Whats wrong with it!!?
oh dear.
you sure you installed the patch correctly?

Idunno
8th Jun 2006, 13:17
Just saw a post at hitmanforum. Apparently, new patch is on way and supposedly, FX cards issues have been addressed. yay!

I hope that patch enables shader detail adjusting since that`s what makes the game run so bad on FX models. I tried to edit the .ini file in the Hitman BM folder by adding "Shaderquality Low"(it was specified in the Readme) but the game crashes if you navigate too much in the menu or if you fire a weapon while playing. On the other hand this little trick does solve the performance issue. If someone could make a patch to allow shader detail adjusting that would solve the problem for FX users such as myself.

Mr.Nash
8th Jun 2006, 17:08
Hey everyone. Long time little speak.

Unfortuinately (and I hope this gets back to Eidos) I've installed my Blood Money, and it works with the experianced choppiness.

If I install the patch, the game will not start, with no error message.

SecuRom had addressed the issue of my every once in awhille getting the 'insert origional disc' error, which seems to have fixed itself after I reinstalled. I tried many progressions, and all ended as thus:

Switch .exe = Game does not start.
Switch .exe then patch = Game does not start.
Patch then switch .exe = Game does not start.

No patch, no switch = choppy performance issue.

I hope they can address this in the next patch as well, because I would hate to go through the game choppy (Already on the third mission, taken me so long because of the choppiness) just to have it crash on one of the glitched missions, and have all of my data removed later after experiancing the reported level deletions that people have been talking about.

The levels and depth have been wonderful, though I have seen some wierd AI choices still. Perhaps these will be addressed as well? Such as guards shooting you while you're trying to exit a restricted area like they tell you to, or trying to walk away (the way you came) from someone trying to do a metal detector test on you. I mean - do you shoot patients when they walk away from a metal detector test, trying to hide thier booze? *BANG* Stop drinking or I shoot you again!

Haha, it's amusing at least.

-Mr.Nash

Xcom
9th Jun 2006, 01:02
If I install the patch, the game will not start, with no error message.

Did you try any of the solutions mentioned in the technical FAQ?

Buzku
9th Jun 2006, 10:53
When is the next patch coming? The first one came fast.

E: No need anymore, got my game working well.

stegman
9th Jun 2006, 12:07
I recommend getting a 6800GT atleast TBH, if you haven't bought something already and you live in the US I'll help you find something on newegg lol. (Unless of course you already know about newegg because you build computers, then I trust that you could find something without any help lol).
Sorry, only just spotted your reply to me!

Do Newegg deliver out side the US?
I found these here (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a850x1y0z1p0s0n0m0);

GeForce 6600 256MB AGP for £69.33
and
GeForce 6200 256MB 8xAGP DVI/TVO for £49.35

I cant afford anything else, just buying a house and and booked a holiday and have to buy an engagement ring...

Mr.Nash
9th Jun 2006, 17:32
Did you try any of the solutions mentioned in the technical FAQ?

Yuppers. Tried everything aside from a full system defrag, which I have already done recently. Sort of stinks, because if I get cought I have a slightly harder time shooting people. Hehe.

-Mr.Nash

chaplain_wu
15th Jun 2006, 15:25
Sorry, only just spotted your reply to me!

Do Newegg deliver out side the US?
I found these here (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a850x1y0z1p0s0n0m0);

GeForce 6600 256MB AGP for £69.33
and
GeForce 6200 256MB 8xAGP DVI/TVO for £49.35

I cant afford anything else, just buying a house and and booked a holiday and have to buy an engagement ring...
unfortunately, Newegg does not ship outside the US (unless recently, I hear they're planning on it)
Those two cards CAN run Blood Money, but neither at highest settings nor worth it. If you just buy the lower end cards that barely meet the requirements to run the game properly, the NEXT game will simply shove it down the garbage bin, and you're once again forced to buy another card in order to play. Compared with buying a far more powerful card thats more futureproof as well as having better potential in furthering your gaming experience, you're paying more for crap cards when you can jsut shell out a substantial amount but upgrade fewer times. Heck, you get better graphics while you're at it.
However, with house, ring, and holiday, I personally suggest forgetting about buying expensive hardware in order to play some computer game.
If you have a money tree, you wouldnt mind hookign a brother up with some seeds or roots :P

Oh well thx anyways. My budget is around 150-200 canadian dollars and i for sure want an Nvidea card. And it has to run this game smoothly :nut:
Tigerdirect.ca has 6600GTs at about 165 Canadian dollars. They're not the highest end cards, but far better than 6200 cards and even the vanilla 6600s. But considering Blood Money being quite a recent release, you might need a more powerful card to experience game running "smoothly"