PDA

View Full Version : Blood Money: Possible Sound Problem

Bangorian
25th May 2006, 20:55
Hey folks. Hopefully someone out there can help. Got Hitman today and have been playing it fine with no Graphics or sound problems. However, when I get to the third level (I think - its the Opera House one), the game crashes. The level starts fine, but around one to two minutes after its started (shortly after the music starts in the main hall), the following happens: (1) The screen goes black and the sound stutters - similar to the Half Life 2 stutter bug (2) A couple of seconds after that, the screen returns to the game - the graphics carry on as though nothing happened, but the sounds still stutters (3) The screen then returns to the desktop after another couple of seconds, followed by "hitmanbloodmoney.exe has performed an illegal operation...", and then another error shows, saying "R6025 - pure virtual function call". Anyone have any ideas? My comp should be fine with the game - 2.4 GHz Celeron, 766MB Ram, 128MB Radeon 9550 SE, and my drivers are all up to date - except sound. I only have onboard sound as far as I know. Cheers

iceman525
6th Jun 2006, 15:43
yea man it's the same thing to me..
i just start the same mission(opera paris)and then after a couple of minutes it closes with an runtime error and that pure vrtual function call thing but the difference from you is that the game exits emmediately without your problems (it just exits and that's it).but i think it's from the same reasons (which i donno what it is).so please if anyone have the answer please email me iceman_470@hotmail.com......thanxxx

iceman525
6th Jun 2006, 15:56
i just had the solution right now.

(1) Select Run from the START Menu.
(2) Type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) in to the dialog box and press enter.
(3) Select the Sound tab
(4) Move the "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" slider to the left to disable Full Acceleration.
(5) Select Exit

Banedon
9th Jul 2006, 23:07
Ok, this is really frustrating.

After a few minutes on the opera level, it just crashes the game, and gives me R6024 - Pure Virtual Fuction Call, hitmanbloodmoney.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

I've tried turning the sound hardware acceleration off, but then all the sounds are all stuttery....the ave maria song during the main menu...the voices...

I like the game a lot...wish I could freaking play it.

Bangorian
12th Jul 2006, 10:52
Hey folks, just in case anyone else out there is having problems with the sound issues on the opera level. One solution is to disable the sound acceleration within dirext x, but as some have said, this leaves the game in a near unplayable state for some people as the sound stutters like no one's business.
So the alternative - download different drivers for your soundcard. I was using the latest drivers for the onboard sound on my dell optiplex gx270, so i went to the computer's website and downloaded the drivers available there. Installed them and now all is fixed. No crashes, and the sound is perfect. So, woot :D