PDA

View Full Version : Demo Patch released

jaywalker2309
25th May 2006, 17:14
Hitman Demo Patch (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/)

Download the file, uncompress the exe into your installation folder for the demo.

Notes:
Hitman: Blood Money Demo Patch

This patch should contain the required fix to address the constant low framerate bug that some users have been experiencing on certain hardware configurations.

Installation Instructions:

Please copy the hitmanbloodmoney.exe contained within the archive in to the directory demo installation directory (default: C:\Program Files\Eidos\Hitman Blood Money Demo)

Additional Information:

If you have an SLI configuration (http://www.slizone.com/page/home.html) in your machine you can add the command 'enablesli' (without quotes) into the bottom of the HitmanBloodMoney.ini file to enable the Managed Vertex Buffer which should result in some performance increase. Important Note. This only applies to machines with an SLI configuration.

For additional information please visit http://www.eidos.com/support/

Y-S
25th May 2006, 17:18
good looks on this, jay

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 18:03
I will try it out and post back, i hope that it really improves performance.

Icemate
25th May 2006, 18:08
Any chance that it works on normal game to? Just a question tho:/

It actually works for the full game, after mission one and newspaper it crashes tho, but nice to try the game:D

Reien
25th May 2006, 18:10
Tried It on my system on the lowest settings, no go.

Now granted, my box is on the lowest rung of the ablity to run it:

1.6 pent4
768 RAM
Geforce FX 5200 256mb

But I can run games like Half Life 2 with NO problem on the highest settings....Im really disappointed here...there Is no reason that this shouldnt run a hell of a lot better then 5 fps...hell, Iv played games that the minimum requirements were OVER my computer and It ran with no problem...this Is just shoddy codeing :(.

I REALLY hope you guys can figure this out.

Y-S
25th May 2006, 18:25
I think it's better now

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 18:31
It runs real smooth now :D .
P4 2.4
1536 DDR
6600GT
Audigy2 ZS

It no longer jerks or stutters all over the place. Im sold!
I noticed one small thing that never happened before though. Some corruption in some of the models sometimes, like a streched poligon coming out of the npc's hands, i had this too in Contracts with this video card...

Other than that it runs very nice, i hope everyone who downloaded the demo and had bad performance gets this patch :) .

Xcom
25th May 2006, 18:48
The patch seems to fix issues for most cards except ancient ones like Gf FX and TI series.

Reien
25th May 2006, 18:49
Well they must have done something right to get It to fix a few peoples problems, but over on http://www.hitmanforum.com/ more people who got the patch havnt seen any Improvement.

So Eidos, keep at It and Im sure you will nail It for all of us.

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 19:06
Well they must have done something right to get It to fix a few peoples problems, but over on http://www.hitmanforum.com/ more people who got the patch havnt seen any Improvement.

So Eidos, keep at It and Im sure you will nail It for all of us.

The fx5200 gpu might be too weak to handle the game well, maybe if you tone down the settings? The FX series were never very good performers and the 5200 was the weakest one.

I dont think the game is very demanding CPU/RAM wise but you might need a better card for it to run better.

Reien
25th May 2006, 19:17
The fx5200 gpu might be too weak to handle the game well, maybe if you tone down the settings? The FX series were never very good performers and the 5200 was the weakest one.

I dont think the game is very demanding CPU/RAM wise but you might need a better card for it to run better.

I understand that, and yes Iv ran It at the lowest settings and the highest settings, they are the same performance wise. I can run HL 2 at top settings and Doom 3 at med sttings with NO problems. If the game needs the MINIMUM of a 64MB video card even a weak 256MB video card should run it well on the lowest settings. Like I said In my other post, Iv played games where the minimum requirements were over my computer and It ran well.

There are still people on the other forums that have MUCH high speced computers then me that still have problems. so I doubt Its just a weak gfx card.

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 19:28
The patch was released real fast, maybe they didnt fix the problems with all graphics cards but just a few?
I still think the 5200 GPU might be too weak to handle the graphics in BM, the game should be scalable enough for everyone to play it, i will agree on that.

Reien
25th May 2006, 19:40
Meh, I say Its an conspiracy to sell more Xbox 360s, Its just funny how this is the first Hitman game to have this problem oh so suddenly when the next gen systems are coming out....I say maybe a month or two after Its been out they will suddenly stumble upon a fix and be praised...maybe sooner depnding how many people start returning the game once they try to run it with any sort of good FPS.

Ya still got a chance Eidos, a chance to pull yourself from the grips of the console fanboys over at MS, redeem yourselfs now :lol:.

EDIT:

Interesting bit here, as Im sure a lot of people know. Iv looked around somea nd found this post on http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30845&st=180:

Lurppis
Pickpocket
Group: Members
post Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Report Top + Quote

Adding the line into the ini file fixed the lag on me, just that game crashes with firing weapons, oh well. I think I have to wait for the patch

And my card is the nVidia Geforce FX 5200

This post has been edited by Lurppis: Yesterday, 08:24 PM

The line he added was the 'shaderquality low' fix that crashes the game when you fire a weapon. Im going to give It a shot to see If It works for me to, If thats the problem Im sure the Devs can do SOMETHING about It.

EDIT #2:

Yup, runs like a dream, and on High settings to....looks worse then Half-Life 1 though :lmao:, seems to me that the shaders are causeing the problem, but hell, Im no game dev. Who knows, I just hope they look Into It a LOT more.

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 20:28
The line he added was the 'shaderquality low' fix that crashes the game when you fire a weapon. Im going to give It a shot to see If It works for me to, If thats the problem Im sure the Devs can do SOMETHING about It.

I read about it too, the devs should have considered that because your card is supported, the game's graphics should scale down so it is playable with it, lets hope they are reading :) .

sj4ck
25th May 2006, 20:35
well i downloaded the update thing and it done jack shi* stilll got the lag etc and i meet minimum requirements help?

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 20:36
well i downloaded the update thing and it done jack shi* stilll got the lag etc and i meet minimum requirements help?

Specs and settings?

sj4ck
25th May 2006, 20:41
Specs and settings?

ok well everything on low to try and dim down the lag

800x600 res

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2582/minimum5yh.jpg

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 20:56
sj4ck... if the patch for the full version doesnt fix it you might need a new video card, your system is worth it.

I have a P4 2.4 just like you stuck on an very old Asus mobo (AGP4) with 1.5 gigs of old PC2700 ram and the demo looks awsome and runs great with my GF6.
There are many PC's out there with 3 gig CPU's and 1 gig of ram that deserve better than crappy FX cards.

sj4ck
25th May 2006, 21:03
i hope to god it works getting it tomoz

Reien
25th May 2006, 21:05
sj4ck... if the patch for the full version doesnt fix it you might need a new video card, your system is worth it.

I have a P4 2.4 just like you stuck on an very old Asus mobo (AGP4) with 1.5 gigs of old PC2700 ram and the demo looks awsome and runs great with my GF6.
There are many PC's out there with 3 gig CPU's and 1 gig of ram that deserve better than crappy FX cards.

Thats easy for some to say....my current 'monitary situation' dosent permit me to run out and buy a new computer, Im stuck with waht I have and the only reason I have the GeForce FX 5200 Is because It was better then the GeForce 2 I had when I bought the damn thing. It wasnt my choice to buy a Dell, but you take what you can get.

If you can point me to a good video card that I wont have to whore myself out for a year to buy then have at It.

EDIT:

And so you know what im working with I have a wooping $26USD In the bank and maybe another $18-20USD In my wallet...and seeing as Im currently unemployed, that wont change any time soon.

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 22:20
Thats easy for some to say....my current 'monitary situation' dosent permit me to run out and buy a new computer, Im stuck with waht I have and the only reason I have the GeForce FX 5200 Is because It was better then the GeForce 2 I had when I bought the damn thing. It wasnt my choice to buy a Dell, but you take what you can get.

If you can point me to a good video card that I wont have to whore myself out for a year to buy then have at It.

EDIT:

And so you know what im working with I have a wooping $26USD In the bank and maybe another $18-20USD In my wallet...and seeing as Im currently unemployed, that wont change any time soon.

Thats bad to hear :( . Can only wish you best of luck in the very near future.