PDA

View Full Version : Lag Lag Lag

AngelusPUA
25th May 2006, 01:45
This is ridiculous cant get rid of this lag, Im buying a XBOX on Saturday.

sj4ck
25th May 2006, 14:22
waste your money then

Reien
25th May 2006, 18:44
waste your money then

How Is It a waste seeing as the game Isnt NEAR optimized for PCs? I would LOVE to get this for PC, but seeing as, even with the demo patch, It still runs like crap, buying the con version of It would be a better Idea.

I still have some hope that they will fix this problem.

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 19:09
It doesnt run like crap with the patch :confused: .

Reien
25th May 2006, 19:21
It doesnt run like crap with the patch :confused: .

For some of us it still dose. Just because It fixed It for you dosent mean Its going to work for everyone....

Alexlovesguns
25th May 2006, 19:30
For some of us it still dose. Just because It fixed It for you dosent mean Its going to work for everyone....

Post your graphics settings and resolution, maybe we can help.

maedox
25th May 2006, 22:44
Take a look at my solution here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=573714#post573714

AngelusPUA
26th May 2006, 01:23
My fastwrite was already enabeld and I had the latest Nvidia Beta drivers.

Reien
26th May 2006, 02:31
Take a look at my solution here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=573714#post573714

Iv got a dell comp with a FX 5200 In It, with the beta drivers, how would i go about enableing the fast write?

EDIT:

According to 'RivaTuner' Its already enabled....guess Im one of the many that even FWs wont help.....

AngelusPUA
26th May 2006, 11:44
Yeh rivatuner says mines enabeld pftt i bought an Xbox today now i have to wait a week for them to release the Xbox 360 version.

Alexlovesguns
26th May 2006, 17:20
Yeh rivatuner says mines enabeld pftt i bought an Xbox today now i have to wait a week for them to release the Xbox 360 version.

You could have gotten a decent, new graphics card for less than half the price of a 360 console thingy, tsc...

Reien
26th May 2006, 18:01
You could have gotten a decent, new graphics card for less than half the price of a 360 console thingy, tsc...

True. But atleast he will be able to play It right out of the box....rather then waiting for a patch....cause even a new video card isnt a sure fire way to get It to work.

Still, one can hope.

Melok
31st May 2006, 10:51
I have Palit 6600 GT 256 mb and it doesn't matter on what settings I play, low or hi. The game runs very bad in certain places. I have the latest video and sound drivers, my pc is clean. I can't play like this...

Alexlovesguns
31st May 2006, 11:27
I have Palit 6600 GT 256 mb and it doesn't matter on what settings I play, low or hi. The game runs very bad in certain places. I have the latest video and sound drivers, my pc is clean. I can't play like this...

I have a xfx 6600GT 128mb and the game runs fine after the patch.
1) Disable the post filter all the way! (the blur thingy)
2) Disable soft shadows, that crap will lag you out when there are a decent amount of NPC's and/or action on the screen!

You can leave details and textures all the way high, no impact whatsoever.
1280x1024 resolution :cool: .
I use 2x AA and noticed that it seems to perform better if set to application control in the nvidia driver tab and set AA level in the game's graphics options.

The game runs and looks great, enjoy it :) .

Melok
31st May 2006, 13:41
Even if I turn everything to low or of, the game still runs slow in the same places before. That's the problem.

Enabling Fast Write in BIOS helped me with this very annoying problem. Now the game runs smooth like the demo with a patch.
Can someone tell me what exactly Fast Write do, please?