PDA

View Full Version : the question being asked everywhere....

sj4ck
23rd May 2006, 01:02
well the question being asked everywhere atm is about the demo. i have the system requirements i meet minimum and should be able to run it but i mean what is up with all the lagging in this game also its on main menu and ingame and i mean its not just my computer there are people with like super rigs and even thy are getting the lag so eidos answer my question and the one on everyones lips right now is what is with all the problems with the game?

please comment on your errors etc

here is my requirements

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2582/minimum5yh.jpg

Adom-J
23rd May 2006, 02:27
same problem with similar system requierement report

AngelusPUA
23rd May 2006, 03:49
Same problem.

Bryan2006
23rd May 2006, 09:01
Would also like to hear a little answers from the creators of this game...

Sitting on a Athlon XP 3200+ processor with a Nvidia 7800GS (AGP) card and 2gigs of ram.
But the demo is tottaly laggy, getting 5 frames per second all the time :confused: both in game and also the fancy menu.

For some it has helped setting fast write on in bios... but that is not available in my bios setup, but all in all that shoulden't even be a matter as other games don't need that option enabled.

But main question is Eidos: Do you know what it is, and can you give us a hint to get rid of the lag/stutter other than the fast write option ?

And last: If you found and solved the problem, when will we see a patch for the problem ? Because i sure don't feel like buying the game if this issue is the same in the complete game..

Please provide some answers to us Eidos!!! Thanks

//Bryan

Witchhunter
23rd May 2006, 11:57
I have exactly the same problem guys. My system is:

Athlon XP 3200+ processor
Ati X800XTPE
2 GB PC3200 Ram
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
SATA Hard drives etc

Yet I get really bad lagging and slowdown. If I stand next to the van facing the park with every maxed out (1600x1200, AA+AF, High detail etc) it lags at 11fps. But if I drop everything down to low detail (1024x768, No AA+AF, lowest detail on everything) it is STILL at 11fps. I've disabled all background programs and all that crap but still have this problem.

That is not normal, there should be a fps increase... a massive one.

sj4ck
23rd May 2006, 12:03
im smelling xbox360 conspiricy here mess up the pc version to make people buy the console version instead:lmao:

Witchhunter
23rd May 2006, 12:18
im smelling xbox360 conspiricy here mess up the pc version to make people buy the console version instead:lmao:
Thats not such a stupid idea, every game I have bought which has been made for both xbox and pc has run like turd until a patch (or two...or three...or four) has been released. Every game I've bought which has been designed only for the pc has run flawlessly at high detail.

I wouldn't say its a conspiracy though, more along the lines of bad coding and the fact the dev teams have to code for two platforms which means the pc version will suffer.

sj4ck
23rd May 2006, 12:46
Thats not such a stupid idea, every game I have bought which has been made for both xbox and pc has run like turd until a patch (or two...or three...or four) has been released. Every game I've bought which has been designed only for the pc has run flawlessly at high detail.

I wouldn't say its a conspiracy though, more along the lines of bad coding and the fact the dev teams have to code for two platforms which means the pc version will suffer.basically putting more work into the xbox360 version i dont know why about 70% of hitman fans buy for pc

martin88
23rd May 2006, 12:47
Also remember, PCs are very unreliable anyway, whereas consoles are much easier as they don't do as much.

sj4ck
23rd May 2006, 12:55
yeah but dont you find it weird how even >>>SOME<<< people with like uber computers are getting lag i mean they could EASY run the game but there getting this lag alsoi think there is a fook up somewhere at least there are patches XD

martin88
23rd May 2006, 13:02
I woulden't know, I dont get any lag.

Rhino
23rd May 2006, 13:07
For some it has helped setting fast write on in bios... but that is not available in my bios setup, but all in all that shoulden't even be a matter as other games don't need that option enabled.

Actually it does. Fast Write's only purpose is for better performance in games. It matters a lot with the latest games especially.

But main question is Eidos: Do you know what it is, and can you give us a hint to get rid of the lag/stutter other than the fast write option ?

I'm not from Eidos but setting graphics options lower would help, especially anti-aliasing and antisoptric filtering. And disabling anti-virus programmes etc when playing.

Rhino
23rd May 2006, 13:08
yeah but dont you find it weird how even people with like uber computers are getting lag i mean they could EASY run the game but there getting this lag alsoi think there is a fook up somewhere at least there are patches XD

Athlon 64 3500+
7800GT
2GB of RAM

That's an uber computer, I get zero lag.

Witchhunter
23rd May 2006, 13:19
Actually it does. Fast Write's only purpose is for better performance in games. It matters a lot with the latest games especially.
Fast writes is famous for 1) Not doing anything at all and 2) causing instability problems. So people should be careful when enabling it.

I'm not from Eidos but setting graphics options lower would help, especially anti-aliasing and antisoptric filtering. And disabling anti-virus programmes etc when playing.
Didn't make the slightest bit of difference to me :(

Also remember, PCs are very unreliable anyway, whereas consoles are much easier as they don't do as much.
I don't really consider that an acceptable reason to allow sloppy coding and/or performance. Almost all pc only games run at full detail no problem with my pc, however as I said I almost always have issues when a game is multiplatform.

No doubt there will be a patch in the next few months, but in the meantime I wont be paying for this game...if you know what I mean.

martin88
23rd May 2006, 13:26
I don't really consider that an acceptable reason to allow sloppy coding and/or performance. Almost all pc only games run at full detail no problem with my pc, however as I said I almost always have issues when a game is multiplatform.

No doubt there will be a patch in the next few months, but in the meantime I wont be paying for this game...if you know what I mean.

Then how do you explain some people having these problems and others not?

If it was coding problems, then they'd effect everyone. The hardware it's running on obviously plays a big role here.

Witchhunter
23rd May 2006, 13:34
Then how do you explain some people having these problems and others not?

If it was coding problems, then they'd effect everyone. The hardware it's running on obviously plays a big role here.
Yes and my system is recommended spec yet runs at 11fps in some places, the hardware is all bought for performance and not cheap ass stuff. And as I said dropping everything to the absolute minimum makes no difference to running everything at absolute maximum...this is not a hardware issue although it may be a hardware issue due to sloppy coding (such as the issues Oblivion had with some STANDARD hardware). Plus people have already stated others with uber systems also have lag issues.

So no its not an excuse just to say pc's are "unreliable" (which isn't the right word to use, "varied" is more accurate) when many other pc games don't have this issue at all.

Oh and if you don't have any problems go play the demo! What ya doing in this thread? :scratch:

martin88
23rd May 2006, 13:36
Oh and if you don't have any problems go play the demo! What ya doing in this thread? :scratch:

Got bored of it. :D

Bryan2006
23rd May 2006, 13:37
I don't know what is wrong, but i have an idea... to me it seems that the game have problems with AGP mothersboards.

I haven't heard anyone running with pci having this issue. It can also be an onboard sound problem.

But let's wait and see what Eidos say here... they haven't said one word in a long time now.

morbius83
23rd May 2006, 13:38
Some people says that activating the fast-write capability of the graphics cards affected, will resolve this "mouse lag" problem, I cannot say the same.****

In other hand I find that DEACTIVATE VERTICAL SYNC in game, boost the framerate and solves a little bit this BF lag

I got a 2400+, 1GB, and ATi Radeon x800 PRO and I got good framerates at 1024 with high settings and AA6X/AF16X activated.:D
Sorry for my bad english im spanish. Thanks:thumbsup:

Witchhunter
23rd May 2006, 13:47
I don't know what is wrong, but i have an idea... to me it seems that the game have problems with AGP mothersboards.

I haven't heard anyone running with pci having this issue. It can also be an onboard sound problem.

But let's wait and see what Eidos say here... they haven't said one word in a long time now.
Interesting point, I'll check with a friend who has a pci express card to see if he has issues.

I wouldn't count on Eidos saying anything, they never do :(

Got bored of it. :D
haha :nut:

Rhino
23rd May 2006, 14:50
One thing I should mention. The MOST IMPORTANT thing above everything else to check is to make sure you have the latest drivers for your cards. NVidia is 84.12, ATI I don't know. But that's one thing that should be checked.

EDIT: Oops, for nVidia it's 84.21, not 84.12 that are the latest.

Xcom
23rd May 2006, 15:02
EDIT: Oops, for nVidia it's 84.21, not 84.12 that are the latest.

I am using 84.56.

Bryan2006
23rd May 2006, 15:13
Forceware 91.28 have just arrived on www.guru3d.com... but that driver did not help a bit for me (maybe for you guys)
It's 100% up to Eidos to solve this (100% a sofware matter)

sj4ck
23rd May 2006, 15:13
also got 84.21

Witchhunter
23rd May 2006, 15:15
I got a hamster....hmmm maybe thats my problem! :nut:

Witchhunter
23rd May 2006, 16:54
Looks like the problem is discussed here - http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30845

I'm shocked Eidos allowed the demo to be released in this state :rolleyes:

Bryan2006
23rd May 2006, 19:51
Maybe Eidos thought that nobody used AGP cards anymore... but i should not judge them to early.
The full game will also have this bug 98% sure of that.

ace-d
25th May 2006, 07:14
Good news! Eidos is working on a patch that will solve the performance issues! Should be out soon.

sj4ck
25th May 2006, 14:20
hopefully tommorow uk release day XD