PDA

View Full Version : Thief Series For Mac

Sinks
10th May 2006, 05:14
Hey fellas,

Became addicted to the thief series on pc, but am now am a mac user :cool: . Does anyone know if eidos will ever release a mac version?

cheers.

theBlackman
10th May 2006, 09:25
Not likely. Every company that has made one of the versions has died a painful death.

Eidos is unlikely to invest in modding THIEF over to Mac, and is unlikely to do another PC version, if the last effort is any omen.

Xcom
10th May 2006, 09:46
I heard that Macs now support Windows XP using some dual boot program. I wonder if a pc game might actually run without special ports.

Sinks
10th May 2006, 14:14
ah yeh , i didn't think about a win emulator. might have to look into that then.

thanks fellas.

Million_Suns
11th May 2006, 03:38
In other words, the minute you chose to purchase a Mac, you entered the worthless zone. Maybe you should stick to Solitaire?

Leafy Lord
11th May 2006, 04:46
I actually just finished DS on my Intel iMac running WinXP on a partition (via the BootCamp) it runs great even with the wimpy graphics card!

..Oh and since this is my first post I guess I'll say hello! I've been playing Thief since the first game and just finished DS...about to play it again with Thiefbot...or minimalist...love it!

Xcom
13th May 2006, 11:42
I actually just finished DS on my Intel iMac running WinXP on a partition (via the BootCamp) it runs great even with the wimpy graphics card!

That pretty cool.
No crashes or anything? What card do you have there?

Leafy Lord
14th May 2006, 04:37
No its all good! The card is ATI Radeon 1600. I was surprised at how well it ran!