PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi issue

intrepid_soul
8th May 2006, 16:18
Hey all,

I have seen some threads on the X-Fi issue and just wanted to give you a few tips. Here is the information we got from some people in dev:

1. After starting Commandos Strike Force, Press Alt + Tab to temporarily get out of the game.
2. Double click the SB X-Fi Audio icon on the Toolbar.
3. Change your Speakers setting to the appropriate speaker set-up.
4 Select the CMSS-3D tab.
5. Click on ?Test? to make sure you are getting sound.
6. Press Alt + Tab again or select the CSF application on the Windows toolbar to get back into the game.

There is a patch available off the UK site, that says it fixesz this issue, but the only thing I have seen is it allows sound to play without these steps. The X-Fi remains greyed out so I have little confidence that its a 100% fix.

Juanlo
9th May 2006, 07:22
Some information at last, thank you very much. Could you please post a link to that patch?, I'd like to to check it out. I don't understand why I have to change speaker settings, my speaker settings are always the same. I suppose we must run the sound test to initialise the card driver in a way the game can see it.

But if the X-Fi option is till grayed out... then we still can't play in X-Fi mode?

intrepid_soul
10th May 2006, 21:30
http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/Patch.jsp?patch=94&game=184&platform=3&problemType=13

This is the link for the US site where the patch is now hosted. The information I got from the UK, who got the information from Pyro, is the X-Fi button in the options was never meant to be there. So installing this patch will not make that option un-gray. Its just there for show.....:mad2:

Juanlo
11th May 2006, 07:23
Oh man, what a mess. So I understand with this patch, if you have a X-Fi, the game will automatically enter into 'X-Fi Mode' :lol: and X-Fi option is useless...:scratch: oh well, I'll try it out

:nut: :eek: :mad2: :lmao:

intrepid_soul
12th May 2006, 07:27
Oh man, what a mess. So I understand with this patch, if you have a X-Fi, the game will automatically enter into 'X-Fi Mode' :lol: and X-Fi option is useless...:scratch: oh well, I'll try it out

:nut: :eek: :mad2: :lmao:

Welcome to my world! Except I get to try to explain the mystery non-option on an almost daily basis, and try to keep a straight face. :rolleyes: