PDA

View Full Version : Kains last words

Zyden
6th May 2006, 14:43
Should kain die in the next game what do you think his last wors would be. With me i think it'll eather be

-Time for the coin to strike the earth.

or

-Vae victus

wadda you think

dame
6th May 2006, 15:42
Erm.. I think he would be two busy dieing.:rasp:

TheWatcher
6th May 2006, 15:59
With me i think it'll eather be

or

-Vae victus
Well then, how did you vote? :rasp: I don't think Kain should or will die, but if he did I'd say Vae Victus. If he does die, I'd say that'll put an end to any LOK7 debate. Remember in Defiance: "You bear the only weapon that can kill me" (Raz's reaver, which is now gone). I suppose if he were impaled with the soul reaver...

Vampmaster
6th May 2006, 16:27
I originally said he should say Vae Victus, but if the enging goes the way I hope it would with Kain rebuilding his empire, it would be something about justice and how he'll rule. Like those who obey him will be rewarded and those who betray him will be punished without mercy. If he decided to release the hylden from their banishment he'd be like "no banishment this time" and he'd kill any vampire, hylden or human who disobeyed him.

Squint-eyed Sniper
7th May 2006, 11:39
Well, first Kain is allready 'dead' and cant die twice(I guess)
and second, he says Vae Victus to his enemies wich are dying by his sword....I see no sence for him to tell it to himself...(come to think of it...he already did when he died in the beggining of BO:scratch: )

Anoobish
7th May 2006, 12:25
To be honest, I don't see any point in this thread :scratch: But still, if he did die and he's say something dramatic, I think it would be something like:

"Vae Victis (which I somehow doubt)."
"The coin has stopped turning (which would be stupid, since it already did so in Defiance)."
"AAAAAAARGH! I HAVE A BLOODY SWORD, THROUGH MY CHEST! GET IT OUT, ANYONE, QUICK!"

Binky24
7th May 2006, 13:53
"AAAAAAARGH! I HAVE A BLOODY SWORD, THROUGH MY CHEST! GET IT OUT, ANYONE, QUICK!"
Dramatic, :lol: .
I honestly don't think even Simon Templeman could have made it sound dramatic...
How about saying that word that's supposed to be said to initiate a new aeon? :D

Anoobish
7th May 2006, 14:37
What? "3. 2. 1. HAPPY NEWYEAR!"? :D

EDIT:

And I think that would be "melodramatic". :D

weaponx
8th May 2006, 07:16
I voted "vae victus" it's just not the same without hearing kain say this famous warcry so what a fitting end it would be but he wouldn't die cos the series is called Legacy of Kain plus he is dead ;)

fneh
8th May 2006, 13:52
"It's just a flesh wound!!"

Anoobish
8th May 2006, 14:10
Hahah! :D

The DarkOne
8th May 2006, 15:13
he wouldn't die cos the series is called Legacy of Kain plus he is dead

Totally agree. Kain shouldn't die, besides, before I first played Defiance (which I played very late after its release due to the fact that it took a very long time to arrive where I live) I read a walkthrough of the game just to know the storyline but I skipped the part where raziel and kain fought, and read the ending which stated that kain was going to fight the elder.

So when I played the game and thought that raz killed kain I was too devastated to go on (I'm more of a kain fan), but I kept on playing cuz reading the walkthrough gave me hope to see kain in action again.

Binky24
8th May 2006, 16:17
And I think that would be "melodramatic".
I completely agree. :) But, in a way, the whole series has a bit of that theatrical value, hasn't it?
@fneh: :D

but he wouldn't die cos the series is called Legacy of Kain
I don't understand... The whole point of a legacy is that you get it after the person dies (well, ceases to exist, we are talking about vampires here)? :confused:

UndeadRaziel
8th May 2006, 17:51

Nice idea. As in SR2
Raziel: "The coin you tossed has struck the earth, now you must abide by its outcome!" (Or similar)
Kain: "The coin, is still turning."

I think his last words should be along the lines you said Zyden, but more spoken from third-person/narration.

"The coin i had tossed centuries ago, had finally struck the earth. The outcome was not the one i would have preferred, but even though those who gamble with fate may beleive they have changed it, it eventually catches up. Eternity is relentless, and now, my eternity ends."

His final words would have more of an impact if they linked back to SR1/SR2/LoKD

Vante
8th May 2006, 18:05
Well if Kain does die its very likely it could be because of the soul reaver ...So when it happens - heres my version (I think its gonna be alot longer than this though)

"What is done is done ... Every great empire falls, every great man dies.... A greater man dies twice ... The Champion of my race, A Great Leader...... yet nothing could stop this, the inevitable end of the chain of events that opened my eyes so that I could see - that fate cannot be changed..However we try we are always bound by the unbreakable chains we make for ourselves..But even in my death, Iam blessed with enligtenment because I know Nosgoth shall remember me, it shall remember the Legacy of Kain ....Muhuhahahahaaaaa.................................."

just Imagine Simon Templeman saying it 'dramatically' ..... :rolleyes:

Binky24
9th May 2006, 06:49
But Kain's last words do not have to be the last words of the games - he may die, but someone, like the next Balance Guardian, can have the ending monologue.
For example, look at the Raziel/Kain scene in Defiance - Raziel narrates up to a point, and then we only hear him when he speaks to Kain. So, Kain's last words can be in a conversation with someone, like telling them to beware of the Unspoken, :rolleyes:, and then that someone can have the last words of the games.

UndeadRaziel
9th May 2006, 07:13
But Kain's last words do not have to be the last words of the games - he may die, but someone, like the next Balance Guardian, can have the ending monologue.
For example, look at the Raziel/Kain scene in Defiance - Raziel narrates up to a point, and then we only hear him when he speaks to Kain. So, Kain's last words can be in a conversation with someone, like telling them to beware of the Unspoken, :rolleyes:, and then that someone can have the last words of the games.

Fine then =P

"The coin he had tossed centuries ago, had finally struck the earth. The outcome was not the one he would have preferred, but even though those who gamble with fate may beleive they have changed it, it eventually catches up. Eternity is relentless, and at that point, his eternity ended. As Kain had said many times in his past, Vae Victus!"

:D

But who would say it?

Janos? Vorador?

Vante
9th May 2006, 07:35
hmmmm hey heres an idea ... How about we get a contest going ... People submit there entries to Kains Last words and then we can setup a poll with all the entries and ppl can vote for their favourite ... :D

We can decide on the prize later :cool:

The DarkOne
9th May 2006, 09:55
NO DEAD KAIN. I REPEAT, NO DEAD KAIN, KAIN SHOULDN'T DIE. The whole series is built on how kain is trying to save both nosgoth and his life not one of them as we saw in BO1. He wants to rule nosgoth in a pure uncorrupt form, but if it comes to choosing between nosgoth and his life he would choose his life and we all know that for sure.

Vante
9th May 2006, 10:09
How can u even be sure he has a choice ?:rolleyes:

Zyden
9th May 2006, 21:46
I'VE CHANGED MY MIND!!! THE KAIN TALKING TO NEXT BALANCE GUARDIAN WILL WORK!!!

Okey calm now:cool:

Naration-"And so it was done, the new guardians had been chosen, and the balance guardian has been chosen to lead them. But what now? My entire destiny had been based on one coin that turned for an eon. What now then? Shall i contineu to rule Nozgoth? Or follow in the stepps of Vorador and isolate myself...*stabbes soul reaver in the ground/throws a coin* (can't decide:rolleyes: ) whatever my next move i asure you kain will not be forgotten.

demon_overdrive
10th May 2006, 09:07
Well (if u for a moment suppose that Kain falls to it's doom which isn't gonna happen)... his last words would be anything but not Vae victus for sure.

UndeadRaziel
10th May 2006, 23:48
but if it comes to choosing between nosgoth and his life he would choose his life and we all know that for sure.

No he wouldnt. Thats why Nosgoth is corrupted in the first place. He refused the sacrifice.

FearGhoul
11th May 2006, 01:36
"Oops."

Tirda
11th May 2006, 01:45
No he wouldnt. Thats why Nosgoth is corrupted in the first place. He refused the sacrifice.
But he had to refuse sacrifice!!! As last surviving Vampire at that point his dead would cause even greater damage than the way he choose (as Raziel mentioned in SR2 to Ariel) - but after his refuse he has an opportunity to change nosgoth's terrible fate!
Kain: "I could restore the world, perhaps. But never again could I give Nosgoth back her innocence."
This is his "mission" now - "Challenge the Fates for another throw"
PS:Perhaps in next lok (somewhere in past) he would sacrifice himself to restore Nosgoth! And his younger self would rule uncorrupted empire!

Binky24
11th May 2006, 08:49
But - hasn't Kain actually already received his chance? That coin falling on its edge, one-in-a-million chance to escape EG's plans? Now, the thing is "only" about using this chance, I think.
So, any epilogue wouldn't probably include the coin metaphor.

Hmm. Let me activate my own cheesy game dialogue generator (TM)...
a. something simple for the beginning - "It was done." Good enough for the Bible, good enough for a game;
b. something about the Wheel of Fate - "The souls of the dead, released from the Wheel of Fate, have been finally put to rest."//"were finally free to realise their destinies" (yes, I know that it's basically game dialogue re Raziel, give me a break :));
c. something simple about balance - "Balance was restored to Nosgoth as each of her three races has finally taken its rightful place in the realm"// "as the vampires have once more walked the realm as her rulers and gods";
d. if Kain survives - "under the command of Kain, whose legacy would last forever and ever, until the end of time"
e. if Kain dies - "And though the Scion of Balance himself perished in the process, having accepted upon himself the ultimate sacrifice, his name would remain forever etched in the memory of Nosgoth's peoples; his legacy would continue until the end of times"
f. and the obligatory Stephen King/X-files-style "evil never sleeps" bit -
"or at least until I return"
All spoken by Tony Jay. :whistle:

I am happy not to be a writer.:rolleyes:

evil_sharkey
12th May 2006, 22:15
Kain's last words to the Elder God should be "Here's your (blankety blank) coin!" followed by a hurling of the Soul Reaver into EG's cornea.

The_Hylden
14th May 2006, 04:05
lol, which cornea? He's got like ten bazillion million of them:p

Nice idea. As in SR2
Raziel: "The coin you tossed has struck the earth, now you must abide by its outcome!" (Or similar)
Kain: "The coin, is still turning."

That's actually from Defiance.

Smoke_Z
15th May 2006, 20:14
Kain's last words should be before he wanders off into the sunset, never to speak again.

If it is "Vae Victus," it should be as the period of a monologue.

evil_sharkey
18th May 2006, 00:51
I've got it! "Rosebud."

FearGhoul
18th May 2006, 05:46
"And then it turned out that I really just got drunk in that tavern and dreamt the whole thing up."

Johnny_anoniem
18th May 2006, 23:47
"And then it turned out that I really just got drunk in that tavern and dreamt the whole thing up."

OMG ROFL LOL! I haven't posted on these forums for a while (only lurking around every now and then to see if any new official statements regarding the next installment have been made), but I couldn't refuse to reply to Zulgbrtzchllha. That must have been the funniest Legacy of Kain related comment I've ever read :D!

Squint-eyed Sniper
19th May 2006, 14:28
Lol, yeah...very true:lol:

dumah's wraith
25th May 2006, 19:54
"With the wheel of fate broken, the pillars would heal, and they had no need for their broken tool. Yet while most crafters would be mindful of long service, I was to be discarded, no longer even worth the energy to sustain. Even mortally wounded, I saw the bitter humour. The same had happened to many during the reign of my empire. It seems the pillars wish to deliver the infamous 'legacy of kain', bitter destruction as soon as their purpose was served. And yet, perhaps there was a way to cheat them. As the balance pillar reached for my soul I summoned my remaining strength..."

FearGhoul
25th May 2006, 21:45
"Watch this!"

dumah's wraith
1st Jun 2006, 21:18
Huh?

dumah's wraith
1st Jun 2006, 21:20
Hey, what happened to the 15 character thing?

Merkury
2nd Jun 2006, 04:06
The way I see it, Kain, with the help of the Soul Reaver (which now speaks to him in Raziel's voice, and helps him like a guide/sidekick), for lack of a better word 'fixes' all the things that went wrong by traveling back in time.
He then travels back to the begining of Blood Omen and plans to pass the mantle of Guardian of Balance over to his human self, who is no longer fated to die. Afterwards, he plans to go back to his present, the worlds future, and rule an uncorrputed Nosgoth, also freeing Raziel from the Soul Reaver.
At that point a few things hit him at once:
1. The Guardian of Balance is meant to be a vampire, and he realizes that by passing the mantel over to a human everything will potentially just become imbalanced again.
2. If he were instead to kill his younger self and assume the mantle as he is, a vampire, this would potentially create a paradox where his mere existance in this reality causes an imbalance that would end up in Nosgoth being corrupted again.
3. Even if he were to instead turn his younger self into a vampire to possibly stop an imbalance, whether or not he stayed or returned to the future the mere existance of two Kains could still alter the balance and once again plunge Nosgoth into ruin.

Kain finally realizes the mistake he never knew he had made. That there can only be one Kain from this point on, and it cannot be him. At that point he looks at the Soul Reaver and says 'Well my old friend, it looks like I will need your help one final time.' He then says 'Mea Culpa,' raises his arms up to his sides, holds his head up high, and the Soul Reaver begins to glow a brilliant blue. It floats up out of Kain's hand, turns point first towards his chest, and from it Raziel's voice says 'Nobly ending your life to save the future. You always did go for theatrics, didn't you?' Kain smiles, the Soul Reaver plunges into his heart and he dies, and both Kain and Raziel/Soul Reaver dissapear in a bright explosion of light. At this point, Kain's knowledge and vampiric power pass into the human Kain, who will now be able to act as the true Guardian of Balance with all the knowledge and wisdom of Vampire Kain to help guide him.

dumah's wraith
6th Jun 2006, 21:59
I don't think Kain would hand his soul to the elder god like that. That might be enough to restore him [presumably at this point he's been defeated.