PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendations..

Temeraire
1st May 2006, 20:59
I'm intending to pick this game up soon at the reccomendation of a friend.. however I'm aware there are some problems with it in terms of gameplay and historical accuracy...

I've been taking a look at mods to download to remedy this.. but would like some advice:

Which mods should I get to have the maximum game/historical experience.. for example.. I really want to give my riflemen green jackets, and can see there are a few mods to do this.. but which one is best? Plus I can see things like battlemod, formationmod etc.. which ones are worth getting? To what extent can I combine them?

Thanks..

officerpuppy
1st May 2006, 21:34
There are about three mods that add green jackets to English rifles, each has its own merits, its really up to you to decide which you like best.

Many mods are compatiable with eachother.

Battlemod changes various gameplay issues such as increasing the # of soldiers in a unit etc.

Formation mod just changes the formation soldiers march in.

Temeraire
1st May 2006, 21:53
So would you reccomend getting say..
-Uniform mod1,Uniform mod
-Artillery officers mod
-BattleModv12
-Formation mod
-Smoke mod

plus the patch o' course..

But what about a load of these other mods... sounds mods etc they aren't particularly descriptive.. anyone here have any particular favorites they reccomend?

bodkinhead
2nd May 2006, 00:58
I'd reccommend the 'militia to infantry' mod unless you like fighting hordes of angry hillbillies in the early game.