PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Concerning Refunds

24th Aug 2013, 09:24
This situation with codes not working, servers crashing and general poor service is completely unacceptable. I paid good money for early access to this game and I can't even submit my pre order code (Error 3), this is absolute crap. Way to ruin another game and drive so many away.

I want my money back.

ComplexityEZE
24th Aug 2013, 09:24
Seeing as this is the only site that will load for me, I'm going to post here. My friends and I have the same problem for FFXIV, we've spent too much time trying to fix it. Our codes are region locked or whatever, we tried customer support. They canceled us after 4 hours of waiting. Such a joke, all this bull**** has turned me off the game and I just want a refund and get on with it. They do not deserve my money, me + 4 friends are canceling our pre-orders and were just wondering were we can get refunds from.

Cheers.

24th Aug 2013, 09:26
Agreed

deano86
24th Aug 2013, 09:28
I still dont even have a code. what a joke. I paid pre-order collectors edition from square store uk no email with code/

24th Aug 2013, 09:31
I'm in the same boat... In this country, we call this fraud.

Gomly1980
24th Aug 2013, 09:40
Same boat here.

Absolutely nothing has come through e-mail and support is a joke.

You would think, after the farce of the initial release of this game, they would be doing everything they can to get things right on the re-release.

Gomly1980
24th Aug 2013, 09:43
I'm wondering the same thing.

wingedknight
24th Aug 2013, 09:45
I clicked PC and after hours of clicking it came me a code for PS3 I want to play it on my PC! I understand there must be alot of players and you are trying to get to them all. If its not resolved in the next 12-24 hours I do want my money back.

ComplexityEZE
24th Aug 2013, 09:46
Yeah, we were looking forward to it but we've had problems ALL THE TIME. With Beta, with pre-order and now the codes. We are sick of it and just want a refund. We are all going back to WoW or Gw2, whatever we choose. SE doesn't deserve my money. What ticked me off the most was canceling us after 4 hours, 4 HOURS OF WAITING.

Slaxxor
24th Aug 2013, 09:54
http://imgur.com/Xt2ujP1 this is the only email i have recieved and YES SPAM FOLDER HAS BEEN CHECKED! 0 keys FTW

24th Aug 2013, 09:59
How do I apply to get my money back

24th Aug 2013, 10:00
6 hours of pressing a button nonstop and can't get a code with no fix in sight. How do I apply to get my money back? Ill just reopen my blizzard account.

drood1212
24th Aug 2013, 10:03
i too still didn't get a code/email even after they charged me

24th Aug 2013, 10:05
Send a ticket using the support functions of the SE online store if you have bought a digital copy from them.
Second of all no one cares if you're going back to Blizzard.

24th Aug 2013, 10:10
Send a ticket using the support functions of the SE online store if you have bought a digital copy from them.
Second of all no one cares if you're going back to Blizzard.

Thank you for the info on submitting a ticket, second no one cares that you don't care

Zubeau3
24th Aug 2013, 10:13
Surprise! Most of us who could not fix the 'Error code 3' problem were actually given PS3 pre-order codes (including myself). There is no support for us on weekends so were completely out of luck. No early access. Trolled

Lindkvists
24th Aug 2013, 10:15
http://imgur.com/Xt2ujP1 this is the only email i have recieved and YES SPAM FOLDER HAS BEEN CHECKED! 0 keys FTW

Same here, This is stupid...

michyS
24th Aug 2013, 10:19
I have been trying to redeem my early access code all night, getting so tired of this ****. All I am getting is Error 3. SE you haven't learned anything from your first one yet? After all the preparation, you still cant get a launch to go smoothly? I am seriously done with this company if its not fixed asap.

ivicask2
24th Aug 2013, 10:22
No code received yet here also... Whats the point of early access when i got no...erm..early access? Ill be happy right now if ill be able to play game at all this month as things started going..

Lavosa
24th Aug 2013, 10:25
So I pre-ordered the collectors edition (2 copies, $120) from the psn store... Never have received any codes for either.. Up at 5am this morning for early access and find that the money for my copy was refunded last night and now it's not even available for purchase anymore! It's still installed from beta but when I try to use it it says " No valid or active account is available to play FF XIV".
The other copy on my sons system has also received no code but hasn't been refunded yet... What am I supposed to do??? I've tried being patient but this is just ridiculous...

Lavosa
24th Aug 2013, 10:45
Ok other copy was just refunded....??? why?? So what now? I'm screwed out of EA? If so they've lost my business as I won't be buying it again.... Real shame I loved Beta testing it for the past months......

Geobod
24th Aug 2013, 10:51
A riot has been started! guys just chill....just be in their place they're being raped everywhere just keep calm and wait...hope we get something extra for this, and i also didn't recieve a pre-order code where my friend got his...so life sucks deal with it.

BoostedLD9
24th Aug 2013, 10:58
I'd like my $100 back for the 2 PC collectors edition copies i bought oh and the countless hours ive spend attempting to make my false EA codes work -.- apparently i have PS3 access, but thats just great, i dont even own a PS3!

Lavosa
24th Aug 2013, 11:33
(Honest feedback not a slam) --> This has been the worse service experience (or lack of) I've ever had from a game and I've been playing games since we had to write our own code 30 yrs ago.... Good luck with it guys and gals, I'm out of here. Washes hands of FFXIV and makes for door.

Graythorn
24th Aug 2013, 12:09
Seeing people get so upset about something like this is just sad.

Why do people not have the patience to wait things out. Worst case you wont get to play earlier. So what? You still get to play later and you'll probably even get a bonus for having been able to wait and let them fix the problem.
It's a game. In 3 days you won't even care about early access anymore :/ ....really 3 days!

sergeantmustard
24th Aug 2013, 12:19
Seeing people get so upset about something like this is just sad.

Why do people not have the patience to wait things out. Worst case you wont get to play earlier. So what? You still get to play later and you'll probably even get a bonus for having been able to wait and let them fix the problem.
It's a game. In 3 days you won't even care about early access anymore :/ ....really 3 days!

What a helpful ******* post, guy. "Be patient lol, it's a game". These are the only few days I get to play freely before uni starts and I'll have my hands full, so I don't think I'm being too demanding when I ask to access the early access I was promised with the pre-order I foolishly made. If you honestly have nothing better to do than to make useless, condescending posts on forums, taking the moral high ground and calling people sad for caring about the service they were promised, I'm convinced you are blind to irony.

Zblaster
24th Aug 2013, 12:21
Totally bummed that this process of trying to find out how to contact Square-Enix is such a pain and they could of posted "Sorry - Do to High Volume of Pre-Orders for Early Access we could not send out your paid for registration codes and one-time codes" instead of bumming us all out.
There are no notices that one needs their registrations code and one-time password in order to activate this game.
I bought the Bundle from the Playstation Store and they where happy to take my money and allow me to download the game but they NEVER supplied a registration code or one-time password or notified that they where required.
Very, very poor communication.
just saying

MetalAngel
24th Aug 2013, 14:03
The worst thing about it is: People who were already given time to play the game before Early Access, can't really get in right now to even play. Also, many people just want to at least get on without any problems like "No active or valid service account is available" popping up. I mean, most of us are shelling out vast amounts of cash to even be apart of the game, so can't really blame most of the people in the topic to act the way they do.

All we can do now is wait til Launch for this to get resolved. I just hope my character is still intact at Launch.

pagarba
24th Aug 2013, 14:11
Im more annoyed about the lack of info from square on all these issues.. I mean why couldnt they tell us : Some people will not get pre-order codes. Or ANYTHING at all!

Impossible to find info!

KyotoKisses
24th Aug 2013, 14:13
I have been waiting for my code since 2 hours ago... Can't even tell if my payment went through since I received NO emails!

archy1985
24th Aug 2013, 14:38
I got order email telling me : you don’t need to do anything now. We’ll email you again near the time that the Early Access starts with the next steps.

well guess what. early access started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i dont have any code to redeem

Vorpel
24th Aug 2013, 14:41
I would refer most of you to this forum page if you have an NA account and no code yet call the digital river number as suggested they might be able to help you.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5087

Edit: I believe they can fix the PS3/PC problem also. Don't quote me on that however.

Dalokk
24th Aug 2013, 14:59
My Pre-Order code when purchased from the Square Website came in an email much later, but was on the confirmation page right after I purchased the product, not sure why the delay on the email with it, but I had it either way.

KyotoKisses
24th Aug 2013, 15:02
3 hours and counting... No email confirmation on my purchase at all... Not even a mail saying they're processing it.

How long did you wait for the confirmation? Cos on my order it just said they're processing and I've to wait for the results. (What kind of stupid reply is that?)

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 15:17
If my kid was drowning at the local pool i'd be making a lot of noise to get him saved.

SE is staying quiet. Congratulations SE, you botched the same game twice. Your reputation is now officially ruined.

Ravittsu
24th Aug 2013, 15:19
Wth the person who started this thread is banned???
what for, expressing his opinion of se?

Primeumaton
24th Aug 2013, 15:21
sucks to be you bro my **** was ez, the game is worth it. way better than gw2 or wow so i wouldnt go back to those.

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 15:24
The game is better, the company is not. I don't think SE even has a customer service department... true story.

Ravittsu
24th Aug 2013, 15:24
sucks to be you bro my **** was ez, the game is worth it. way better than gw2 or wow so i wouldnt go back to those.

the game is worth the wait guys.. but i understand u pay for pre order for early access and they dont help u out.
it is unacceptable but u have to understand that this company is under alot of stress and have alot of issues to sort out...
i really think they shouldve postponed release

Xenocite
24th Aug 2013, 15:41
I got my code just fine ordering it off of Amazon. I got 2 emails within about an hour from them with the sites/links to go to with the early access code and one for the game key. I ordered the digital CE so I don't know if that makes a difference vs. the SE.

aedrik12
24th Aug 2013, 19:46
I swear you guys might be stupid. The code is on the [B]SAME PAGE[B] that pops up after you buy the game!! Before you accuse SQENIX of Fraud, maybe you should check. It's not that hard, people.

archy1985
24th Aug 2013, 19:48
im still waiting for my pre order code.

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 19:48
I swear you guys might be stupid. The code is on the [B]SAME PAGE[B] that pops up after you buy the game!! Before you accuse SQENIX of Fraud, maybe you should check. It's not that hard, people.

That depends entirely where you purchase the game. You think all companies have the code pop up right after you purchase it? I swear you might be stupid.

ThaGrimReapah
24th Aug 2013, 19:53

I think youre the one that is stupid, if u dont know/seen our order who are u to say its in there...
Still waiting for my code :(

Cloud13
24th Aug 2013, 19:58
lol you can give me your ps3 code :P I got one, and im still waiting for my PC code since 23rd july LOL

Cloud13
24th Aug 2013, 19:59

LOL your a funny guy considering the codes was not availably until the 1st of august.. you know we pre ordered in July right?

Lars18th
24th Aug 2013, 20:17
Wait until you are finally in and realize that you are now locked out of all the good servers where your friends are playing because you simply could not create a character in time... even though you may have paid for pre-access months ago like myself.
Also, if there is no customer service on weekends, why release pre-access on a weekend and show early supporters this kind of alienation?
I planned and paid for early access to play with my friends. Now not only am I NOT playing, I am also locked out of their server (Leviathan)

Rufes_Stratos
24th Aug 2013, 20:32
Wow you got to love that someone with some power and maybe some insight on wtf is going on with codes looked at this forum to Ban someone but never gave us any reply what so ever about what's happening. customer service right there!

All we want are some answers! the lack of any info drives people nuts and people rage then have to make posts like this yet the answer is to just ban them and pretend its not happening? its disgraceful customer service. twitter is saying NOTHING usefull about codes nor can i find anything on here or any other square enix/ FFXIV forums.

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 20:38
Wow you got to love that someone with some power and maybe some insight on wtf is going on with codes looked at this forum to Ban someone but never gave us any reply what so ever about what's happening. customer service right there!

All we want are some answers! the lack of any info drives people nuts and people rage then have to make posts like this yet the answer is to just ban them and pretend its not happening? its disgraceful customer service. twitter is saying NOTHING usefull about codes nor can i find anything on here or any other square enix/ FFXIV forums.

Yup, horribad customer service. I got a suspension on the official ffxiv forums for telling a Dev it was ingorant and a lack of common sense to answer a question that has the information posted on the lodestone instead of answering questions that actually mattered like pre-order error codes.

All in all, they have no clue what they are doing.

Gilithis
24th Aug 2013, 21:43
I've probably wore my patience to the last amount with this pre-order comfirmation. I spent a nice sum of money on the Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PC DOWNLOAD] (Pre-Ordered) Kay. Now, i got an email with the code for the game, and of course got the typical error 3, over and over. For the past 18 hours or so, i've tried fool heartedly to get the code to work, i've probably tried 30 times every couple of hours, so you can imagine the pain i've went through. I've tried every fix, including the Changing region so on so forth. I've tried every browser I could think of and still, no luck. FINALLY when i was just a curious person, i tried clicking the ps3 redeem code, me just being ticked off thought this also wouldnt work, but freaking went through immediately, and said code redeemed, now I have an idiotic ps3 code for a pc bought game that gave me a PC code, and can't do anything about it. I can't change my mind either it seems, since i've tried relentlessly. And looking up my product order doesn't work either, always says product order not found, and obviously no way of contacting ff14 is available apparently, so I'm crap out of luck. (trying extremely hard to watch my mouth) But if theres anyone that can fix this issue it'd be greatly appreciated, because also with the fact that apparently my order number is invalid i can't cancel the buy either. -___-

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 21:51
You cannot cancel the buy because you redeemed the code or the outlet in which you do this is unavailable/flooded at the moment?

I'm returning my pre-order as well. If I can't, hopefully there is legal action to be had. SE needs to answer to their actions.

Gilithis
24th Aug 2013, 22:31
When i attempted canceling the purchase, it apparently couldn't find my order number which it asks you to put in, even tho i copy and pasted the exact one from the email. It's quite irritating that i can't refund nor change the code back to PC.

Nangasaur
24th Aug 2013, 22:52
Call your bank or credit card company and decline the charges with the reason as services not rendered. Too easy.

dostoveskiee
24th Aug 2013, 22:59
Call your bank or credit card company and decline the charges with the reason as services not rendered. Too easy.

This^^ you'll get your money back when it's approved. did you order from the square-enix online store? bunch of issues with codes from them. Better off pre-ordering somewhere else once this is settled.

KasesSky
24th Aug 2013, 23:51
What a helpful ******* post, guy. "Be patient lol, it's a game". These are the only few days I get to play freely before uni starts and I'll have my hands full, so I don't think I'm being too demanding when I ask to access the early access I was promised with the pre-order I foolishly made. If you honestly have nothing better to do than to make useless, condescending posts on forums, taking the moral high ground and calling people sad for caring about the service they were promised, I'm convinced you are blind to irony.you guys are seriously over reacting. i just bought my copy of the game at my local gamestop today, and got pretty psyched about possibly being able to play the game today. i got my code and everything seemed fine but i can't use my code, on my actual psn account because i have a US psn account and bought the game in germany. which sucks of course, especially since i asked the gamestop guy whether i'd have some regional problems with this game, and he said no.

but none the less, there is nothing we can do. I hope somebody can help me here. I setup a EU PSN account but when it asked during the installation whether i wanted to link the square account to that psn account and highlighted the fact that i wont be able to reverse this, i figured. i'd ask here for some help first.

is there anyway to get this eu copy to work with a us psn account? i have all my trophies on my us psn account, and it's just the one i would prefer to use, if that is possible.

cherryslug
24th Aug 2013, 23:55
I do not want a refund. Great game. Get the all the servers up yo!

cherryslug
24th Aug 2013, 23:56
I also had a foreign beta and lost my characters and names but OH Well

KasesSky
25th Aug 2013, 01:24
I also had a foreign beta and lost my characters and names but OH Well

so how did you get yours to work on the US account?

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 02:11
i did that with perfect world. my bank sent them class.action suit because of neverwinter. i got all my money back after 15 days and my account ofc banned.

ill w8 and see. i can just charge back from the internet if i want to. but ill give them till 1 second before launch. this cause they say one of my rewards is playing early access. so if i dont get in early access ill go for it

lawnboi
25th Aug 2013, 05:19
I would like to refund the game. But I only see the option to Cancel order. When contacting support they asked me to find "request refund" nowhere do I see that option. Can someone help please.

Futomara
25th Aug 2013, 09:58
Square enix needs to reply to its costumers because ALOT of people whant a refund for FF XIV ARR including me, only 3 eu servers all constanly full a disgrace for a multi million dollar company.

SlomoStee
25th Aug 2013, 10:00
I love how they tell you to request a refund on the forums, but have no links anywhere to do it.

I also want a refund, so if someone can help us it would be greatly appreciated.

Futomara
25th Aug 2013, 11:31
Can anyone tell me what steps i have to take to get a refund for this sad excuse for a game?

Sveigdir
25th Aug 2013, 11:41
I'm an EU customer and I wanted to refund the collectors edition (that I pre-ordered from the Square Enix store, paid for, and received no code for) and to then buy it from another retailer. So I searched around and the only way for an EU customer is to ticket support and say you want to cancel your order. See the bottom of this page for information:
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/help/frequently-asked-questions.php
EU support is closed till Monday, so my ticket asking where my pre-order code is, and if you ask for a refund, will most likely at the earliest be Monday, possibly even later. So I'm at a crossroads now, do I go ahead and buy another copy from a different retailer hoping that I receive an immediate code that works and hope that my previous copy can get refunded, or will they find some excuse as to why it cannot be refunded and end up with 2 copies of the game. Wish there was a faster way to get an immediate refund, as then I would definitely go elsewhere to buy another copy. You would think buying from their own store you'd at least get better support.

Sveigdir
25th Aug 2013, 11:43
Also, if you're a US customer and ordered online from the store, apparently you can go to www.findmyorder.com and cancel it as Digital River distributed the US online version. It's just EU customers that got screwed over badly.

Shamanbabe
25th Aug 2013, 11:45
You want a refund because the game has only become 'early access' , other mmo's didnt have a 'great' opening, sure they should've expected this much people
But its only been out for a day >_>

Futomara
25th Aug 2013, 12:14
And again they are screwing you with not telling where to find the form (To request a refund please contact us via the online form)

LadyAvanah
25th Aug 2013, 13:54
I would like to refund the game. But I only see the option to Cancel order. When contacting support they asked me to find "request refund" nowhere do I see that option. Can someone help please.
If your credit card has not been charged yet all you need to do is click that "Cancel Order" button and follow that. Your Credit Card payment should read "Pending" which means they did not charge it yet.
Once you Cancel Order, they will just not charge your card. You have to do nothing else.

If your Credit Card HAS been actually charged (Posted Date), then you will need to "request Refund".

Hecatonchieres
25th Aug 2013, 14:04
You want a refund because the game has only become 'early access' , other mmo's didnt have a 'great' opening, sure they should've expected this much people
But its only been out for a day >_>

And this is the reason that companies keep thinking they can get away with launching a new MMO without actually being prepared. Launch apologists like to see themselves as calm in the face of trivial frustrations, but the reality is that launch has become indicative of a game's long-term potential. Even if the finished product is spectacular, customer service will very likely remain the same. As far as I can tell, the service for this launch is vastly overworked and won't achieve any kind of efficacy. On top of that, many of us preordered with the promise of early access. Although it may not cost more money, its beneficial to the company because it helps with projections. If they fail to return on that favor that we're doing them, they don't deserve that benefit. The only way for SE to regain what they're currently losing over this, is efficiency and competency, or barring that: compensation.

Sveigdir
25th Aug 2013, 14:08
If I don't get my code until after the official launch, then they better give some compensation otherwise they can have their game back. The only reason I pre-ordered was the reason to get early access, not the other gifts.

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 16:18
If I don't get my code until after the official launch, then they better give some compensation otherwise they can have their game back. The only reason I pre-ordered was the reason to get early access, not the other gifts.

Cancel your order because you are unsatisfied by the customer service or unequal treatment of customers between JP and the rest. But please don't state the only reason you are quitting an MMO is because you missed a day or 2 of early access. It's not even like you are falling behind by a day or two since the rest of the server can't play either. You will find that in an MMO missing 1 or 2 days won't even be noticeable even a month from now.

Sveigdir
25th Aug 2013, 16:28
Cancel your order because you are unsatisfied by the customer service or unequal treatment of customers between JP and the rest. But please don't state the only reason you are quitting an MMO is because you missed a day or 2 of early access. It's not even like you are falling behind by a day or two since the rest of the server can't play either. You will find that in an MMO missing 1 or 2 days won't even be noticeable even a month from now.

Please don't tell me what I can and can't state. If I just wanted to play the game without a head start, I would have ordered the game on or after the 27th. They would just have had beta up until the 27th. Getting a head start in a new mmo, and offering it as part of the package, is the pure reason why many gamers even pre-order. Just because you maybe didn't pre-order for that reason, don't criticise me for ordering it for that reason and being disappointed because I couldn't.

Thanks.

CjMapope
25th Aug 2013, 17:01
wow i came on to pre-order, but after reading the forums, F*** that! guess i wont be purchasing FF14... :( boo on you SE, i lOVED you guys :(

Slaxxor
25th Aug 2013, 17:20
last thread i saw people asking for refunds they all got banned. i guess thats their way of saying NO. ill probably get banned for saying this but oh well atleast i got to say it.
GLHF (customer with still no codes)

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 17:24
Please don't tell me what I can and can't state. If I just wanted to play the game without a head start, I would have ordered the game on or after the 27th. They would just have had beta up until the 27th. Getting a head start in a new mmo, and offering it as part of the package, is the pure reason why many gamers even pre-order. Just because you maybe didn't pre-order for that reason, don't criticise me for ordering it for that reason and being disappointed because I couldn't.

Thanks.

You're right. You have every right as the consumer to be unsatisfied with any product no matter how trivial the reason might be. You are also entitled to whatever opinion you want. Hell, you can cut off your finger just because you broke a nail if you want.

You were right though. I pre-ordered the game to make sure there would be a copy available for me to buy. The in-game items are a nice bonus and so was the early access idea. BTW, I didn't get an early-access code on my receipt when I pre-ordered at Gamestop either. I talked with their manager and had him cancel and reprint my order which took only 1-2 minutes and I was able to get my early-access code.

Those of us who did get an early access code can't play anyways. Like most multiplayer online games released recently, they are experiencing tons of issues and are having to patch daily. There isn't much of a head start for anyone, and like I said in the scope of everything in an MMO 1 or 2 days won't make a difference. Sorry you are getting all butt hurt because you don't get to share the fun of log-in bugs, emergency server updates, and broken instances preventing any kind of quest progression.

If you want to quit a game before you even play it then honestly it sounds like you are doing us all a favor. We wish you the best of luck in life.

jamesalot
25th Aug 2013, 17:29
well im sure its going to be noticed I was bearly able to log on for an hour after I got off work yesterday and I already seen level 35's. then there is the BS that I cant even get on the same servers all my friends got on because now they are full. which is really the thing that pisses me off. but now I cant even get on to play. Reason to pre order for early access not even noticeable after a month sounds like BS to me. unlike you noob45 some of us have to go to work and take care of stuff. we cant play a game for 8 eights a day. if that was the case then yes it wouldn't be notice able

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 17:34
Yeah im starting to get buyers remorse. Bought the game, no code, no confirmation email, no link to download the client. Money has been charged but I have not received any product. Even if they are going to stiff me on my early access (reason I just bought it btw) at least let me download and patch it up so im ready for launch...granted if you guys intend to let me play the game I just bought.

Im not the only one who bought the game and are now sitting here clueless as to what to do next. I need a code to register the game to my account, which hasn't been received (see one guy who has waited over 30 hours and nothing), I need a DL link to download and patch up.

Yeah I hear there are issues actually playing, id like to even get to that step honestly.

Really not sure what is going on here...this is Square Enix right? Not some guy who made this game in his basement and is totally unprepared for a live launch...right?

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 17:54
well im sure its going to be noticed I was bearly able to log on for an hour after I got off work yesterday and I already seen level 35's. then there is the BS that I cant even get on the same servers all my friends got on because now they are full. which is really the thing that pisses me off. but now I cant even get on to play. Reason to pre order for early access not even noticeable after a month sounds like BS to me. unlike you noob45 some of us have to go to work and take care of stuff. we cant play a game for 8 eights a day. if that was the case then yes it wouldn't be notice able

You guys don't even think before you post do you. If you are already seeing level 35s with-in the first day of early access then clearly it will not be that difficult to level up to the max level.

unlike you noob45 some of us have to go to work and take care of stuff. we cant play a game for 8 eights a day. if that was the case then yes it wouldn't be notice able

Thank you for the good laugh there Jamesalot. I don't know what makes you think that I don't have a job and play games 24/7 considering what I said. On the other hand your terrible grammar and spelling would suggest the only job you would be suited for is flipping burgers, and even there you would probably be a subpar employee.

moondrago13
25th Aug 2013, 18:33
this is totally a load of BS ... just refund my money to my credit card ... theres no way you making me paid for early access and not being able to log in. you must have know how many people can be on a server so then why did you keep selling the game if you knew there would crash ... and limiting the amount of people on a server and blocking people is NOT early access ... i want a refund ..... such incompetent ....theres no way im wasting my time trying to play when you cant even log into the game ... ******* totally INCOMPETENT

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 18:39
bye, and good riddance

Belatucadros
25th Aug 2013, 18:45
Ah, you know that no one paid for early access. The early access was a GIFT from Square to say THANK YOU for pre-ordering the game. The only thing that bothers me was how many hoops you had to jump through in order to get the game even downloaded with all these codes and ****. If the servers are down, that's cool, they need to fix what needs to be fixed before the actual launch date. Keep your panties on.

bradedlin
25th Aug 2013, 18:51
I will say that advertising early access for pre-ordering rather than just waiting and buying it off the shelf is a bit of a low blow to the consumer. I am patient and understand the difficulties with launches, but it seems as though there was no foresight on the amount of traffic. Most launches of what are suppose to be AAA titles have much better communication and support. I understand server issues but not even able to issue registration keys with emails that are suppose to have them?????

Kzilla
25th Aug 2013, 19:21
I think you must have a different definition of the word "Gift" than the law does. I gave Square Enix money prior to 24 August 2013. In return they sold me a product which included early access to their game, which was to be released on the 27th of August, and the goofy hat and pet. I personally could care less about the hat and the pet. I pre-ordered for the early access. I'm not getting it. Arguably a breach of contract. Will they more than likely give everyone who pre-ordered something to make up for the hassle, yes. However, everyone that is here venting about not being able to get into the Early Access they paid for has a legitimate gripe. Square Enix failed miserably to prepare for the server load.

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 19:30
I will say that advertising early access for pre-ordering rather than just waiting and buying it off the shelf is a bit of a low blow to the consumer. I am patient and understand the difficulties with launches, but it seems as though there was no foresight on the amount of traffic. Most launches of what are suppose to be AAA titles have much better communication and support. I understand server issues but not even able to issue registration keys with emails that are suppose to have them?????

Honestly I'm a bit divided myself on the pro's and con's of this early release with pre-order. One MAJOR benefit of this early-access for preorders is that more than likely NONE of us will be standing outside Wal-Mart, Gamestop, or bestbuy Monday evening waiting for the 12AM release that usually have long lines.

The major downside with this attempt at early-access with pre-order is they had to make the process overly complicated to try and ensure that the people who are doing the early access are actually people who bought the product. The more complicated the process the more chances for problems, and the more vendors or avenues to buy the game from, the more complicated the process will be.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 19:36
Good point, Noob.
Also, every vendor I have seen states that pre-order bonuses are limited, and not everyone will receive them once they run out.
However, Square announced the other day that everyone who pre-ordered would receive early access. Thus they are sending out codes in batches. Yes, it is a pain to wait and jump through hoops, but it is not a breach of contract. They could have just said "Sorry, the codes have all been given out." and it would have still been completely within their rights.

s56gmx
25th Aug 2013, 19:46
At least the servers that are processing the credit card transactions are working beautifully, right? Glad that part is under control.

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 20:19
at least they gave you guys the code you purchased. how about the rest of us who bought the game for early access and haven't received a code to redeem the game?

really at this point they need to put a stop to taking peoples money until they can at least sort out why people are not getting the code that they purchased.

its like...at least you have the right to download and play the game (despite it being unplayable for those who cant get on). I paid and don't even have that right yet...the right to register and download.

To make matters worse, no one word on whats going on. How long should I expect to wait to claim the product code I purchased. Im assuming early access is down the drain at this point...which was the reason I got the game to begin with.

Belatucadros
25th Aug 2013, 20:27
Lets say it was 59.99 for the pre-order game, with early access. It is still 59.99 if you bought it after the launch on the 27th. So, yes, the early access was a thank you gift. They certainly did not have to offer it, but they tried anyway. So to each their own thoughts on it, I suppose.

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 20:33
Lets say it was 59.99 for the pre-order game, with early access. It is still 59.99 if you bought it after the launch on the 27th. So, yes, the early access was a thank you gift. They certainly did not have to offer it, but they tried anyway. So to each their own thoughts on it, I suppose.

Right but when you buy a game for early access, and today is the early access day, and they haven't even given you a courtesy confirmation email on your purchase, let alone an activation code so you can download the game...people are going to be mad.

If you are here on the forums stating everything is ok and were all over reacting its because you got the code you paid for, you got onto the server, and you got everything you bought. The rest of us are here in the dark waiting for the code we purchased, or waiting to find out when they will add enough servers to tolerate a modestly large launch.

If I had known that they would take my money then give me a code to activate the game at a later date, I would have just waited. Now im sitting here hoping that theres not something wrong where im going to end up never getting my code because SE refuses to address the issue to us.

YuriSensen
25th Aug 2013, 20:41
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the people who outright bash the company for not instantaneously fixing a massive game, that's barely able to contain a population that's near double the size they had expected originally, which was only discovered recently during Phase 4 Open Beta. I'm desperately trying not to attack these people, and I'm desperately trying not to white knight the hell out of the threads, but this is just getting to be ridiculous.

They are addressing issue after issue as fast as they can, and for what issues they are able to address directly, I've seen them fix pretty quickly. But keep in mind that this game is still very new, and more is being done to make it better. Server installment and data mounting is not an over night process, nor is it a process you can so easily do within a short amount of time for a game like this, to support a population like this. So until that does happen, the player has the choice of either dealing with the issues at hand as they're being fixed, or they can just not play the game, and save themselves the headache.

Belatucadros
25th Aug 2013, 20:41
Actually, I did not say everything was alright. I too had to jump through hoops to get access that I can't play. I called SE, could not get through. I called gamestop, I could not get through. Eventually I called Sony to find out what was wrong and why my code kept telling me I entered it wrong or it was invalid. They did an analysis on the code for me and told me that the copy that was sold to me was an EU region and not an NA region. I tried making a EU account on my PS3, the code worked but when I went to go log in to pre download the game, it asked me for my SE password and ID. When I did that, it stopped me right there and said that my psn account and my SE were not compatible because of the region difference.

To my mild frustration, I went to gamestop and canceled my order from them entirely because I do believe it was their fault for not sorting their games in regions before they sell them. I went to the Sony store on my PSN and bought the game for less and it worked without a hitch. So please don't assume that I have had all sunshine and daises, because I have not. I can't even get on the same server as my friends because of the crud that's going on. But it is what it is.

Kzilla
25th Aug 2013, 20:46
Belatucardos...you're correct they didn't have to say that we would get access to the Early Release if we pre-ordered but they did..and that makes it part of the contract and not a gift. They got my money and that of thousands of other people at least 3 days early..thereby depriving those people of the time/value of their money and giving that benefit to Square Enix..they owe us Early Access...it is not a gift out of the goodness of their hearts it was a condition of the sale (contract) and they have not really lived up to their end of the bargain.

PULGA_1980
25th Aug 2013, 21:17
The problem is that without a server you cant play the game ..... you payed for the game .... you even preorder and it would grant you early access ..... but this part isnt being done by SE. I am really sorry I am quite hard with industries and what I will do is only play for the free period ( which is what i play for normal games) and then ifit continues like this I am not going to pay the monthly fee because if you pay one day later you dont get access .... and if you arent able to log in for a day you dont get a refund!!!!
Imagine we are with the actual number of people that bought the game .... and if the server cant handle it this is bad.

YuriSensen
25th Aug 2013, 21:20
The problem is that without a server you cant play the game ..... you payed for the game .... you even preorder and it would grant you early access ..... but this part isnt being done by SE. I am really sorry I am quite hard with industries and what I will do is only play for the free period ( which is what i play for normal games) and then ifit continues like this I am not going to pay the monthly fee because if you pay one day later you dont get access .... and if you arent able to log in for a day you dont get a refund!!!!
Imagine we are with the actual number of people that bought the game .... and if the server cant handle it this is bad.

Then just reserve it for when the servers are able to expand. That's all people need to do. For those that are considered new members like myself, there is still the first free month that can be issued after the game comes out officially. So whenever they plan to use that, they really aren't losing any money in the process, just time. Better one than both.

Shankerz
25th Aug 2013, 21:48
This company is as bad as electronic arts... Serously simcity had a better launch then this garbage. At least you were able to play simcity even if it was fubar. This is just sad, and will be the last time i ever give sq any of my funds. Gg fail company, lost a set of new customers over dumb inability to launch correctly.

s56gmx
25th Aug 2013, 21:55
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the people who outright bash the company for not instantaneously fixing a massive game, that's barely able to contain a population that's near double the size they had expected originally, which was only discovered recently during Phase 4 Open Beta.
So... You're saying they discovered such a problem during beta? Why not push it back then? Why not take down the website that happily takes our hard-earned money out of our accounts and replace it with a big fat notice that says not "Early Access", but with the truth: "You won't be playing. You'll be flaming on the forums and wondering where your money went, or why we even took it in the first place."

They are addressing issue after issue as fast as they can, and for what issues they are able to address directly, I've seen them fix pretty quickly. But keep in mind that this game is still very new, and more is being done to make it better.
What about the issue of taking our money and delivering nothing in return? That doesn't appear fixed at all. If you pay for something that appears to be for sale, yet receive no product nor any explanation why you received nothing. You deserve your money back.

Server installment and data mounting is not an over night process, nor is it a process you can so easily do within a short amount of time for a game like this, to support a population like this. Right, but this is not overnight. They've had years. This is their second go at it.

So until that does happen, the player has the choice of either dealing with the issues at hand as they're being fixed, or they can just not play the game, and save themselves the headache.
We are already, as you say, not playing the game; we're sitting here wondering what we got for our money.

Warbeast78
25th Aug 2013, 21:56
Im with you on this but that is their fault for not having enough servers. They have to anticipate a massive influx of people. It happens at every AAA launch and nearly all of them have the same issue with servers. They should have taken whatever numbers they thought and doubled it. Its not just square its nearly every MMO ever that was hyped. They all make the same mistakes and its pissing people off. They gambled on the launch and it looks like its going to be another big name MMO that fails at launch. Which is just sad that a large company could screw the consumer like that.

Im sure this game will be a great one in about a week or so but that first taste of the game is key for many people. And right now it tastes bad.

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 21:59
You did not PAY for early access, you PAID for the game,there were no extra costs involved. You were promised nothing with regards to early release,so loosen those panties and man up!

deathmouse187
25th Aug 2013, 22:05
Compared to other big game titles - are this a very smooth early access launch, WoW, Swtor, Rift, Defiance, Neverwinter and many more had issues at early access or launch day, so stop this nonsens about sqaure enix not are doing their job perfectly.

s56gmx
25th Aug 2013, 22:06
You did not PAY for early access, you PAID for the game,there were no extra costs involved. You were promised nothing with regards to early release,so loosen those panties and man up!

But I was. It says on the order pages multiple times. Why is that being ignored? Those words were used to get people to purchase the product. They don't give early access for fun, they do it to generate revenue. Apparently it worked, or we wouldn't be here complaining. Unfortunately, they've not honored their end of the bargain. If I could have just gotten my money back, all of this would be moot.

web2nr
25th Aug 2013, 22:07
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the people who outright bash the company for not instantaneously fixing a massive game ...

They had two years for that. However, handling server congestion is the one most fundamental issues for a massively multiplayer game. Nowadays major issues (not all issues) like these are avoidable.

... that's barely able to contain a population that's near double the size they had expected originally, which was only discovered recently during Phase 4 Open Beta.

That's the production team's fault. Never stress test something without giving yourself the proper amount of time to make improvements or fixes.

I'm desperately trying not to attack these people, and I'm desperately trying not to white knight the hell out of the threads, but this is just getting to be ridiculous.

People are just venting. You're venting about people venting.

clymor
25th Aug 2013, 22:07
I disagree. First, I would've bought hard copy with the same price and play on 27th if not for the early access. Second, if one million player ordered EA, that's about 30 million for SE. 30 million income in a few days earlier is a big deal for company. Last, I am confident that SE wants us to play EA just to do more testing, so THEY need to give us credit, not the other way around.

Asking for refund is perfectly justified. I personally would want a free server change from current congested one to a lower populated one. This doesn't solve server down problem but can at least let me get in world when they are up.

s56gmx
25th Aug 2013, 22:11
stop this nonsens about sqaure enix not are doing their job perfectly.

Would you say that if your needed car repairs? "Hey. I pay you for this service, but I don't expect you to deliver completely, or at all for that matter. Just have the money."

The two aren't in the same league, but they're both in the business of exchanging money for services and products.

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 22:14
ok. so when do i get my code? full weekend gone. not 1 second spent on ff xiv playing it. bought the game for that. now , since i paid the 39 euros. can i get my code SE???????????? is it even need to beg?? PLEASE give me my code....

Demi__God
25th Aug 2013, 23:30
bye, and good riddance

bye, and good riddance SE

*fixed*

Roflmaou
25th Aug 2013, 23:41
this forum is filled with whiney little *****es....apparently racist ones at that.

Gomly1980
25th Aug 2013, 23:47
the internet is filled with whiney little *****es....apparently racist ones at that.

Fixed that one for you, fella.

Roflmaou
25th Aug 2013, 23:50
too true

Shamanbabe
26th Aug 2013, 00:05
I see alot of people Saying, I WANT A REFUND, No1 cares, We feed on your tears.

If having issues with codes go on amazon >_>

Laventus
27th Aug 2013, 01:33
I don't really think i need to explain why im refunding it lol, its pretty self explanatory for anyone who's bought and played it. Unfortunately i pre-ordered the digital copy as i was anxious to play(BIG mistake). If this was a physical copy i could just bring it back to the store. Does anyone know if its possible to get a refund on the digital copy i bought. Thanks.

Reel1515
27th Aug 2013, 01:47
Seriously I wish I had come to these forums before buying lol

Laventus
27th Aug 2013, 01:53
i know what you mean, Indiana Jones and The Realm Reborn :/

This whole game from purchase, to download, to playing has been a nightmare lol, no exaggeration.

Reel1515
27th Aug 2013, 01:56
Haven't gotten that far. Trying to figure out how to get that authentication code I payed for.

Crazitomali
27th Aug 2013, 02:11
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5690

Reibis
27th Aug 2013, 06:40
Awful customer service, beyond retarded and complicated account system and wtf is up with people buying game and not getting codes it should be ******* automatic, and mongoloid "ticket handling GM's or whatever the **** they are just ditching in middle of conversation can't even rate them so they do **** all.

How can I refund this ****?

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 08:59
You DO realize you have to actually wait for the launch time in order to put in your code, right?

Or are you just another impatient brat?

By all means, please refund and stay away from the game.

Laventus
27th Aug 2013, 16:55
Bump! anyone know how i can get a refund, thanks!

svodoo
28th Aug 2013, 16:12
SEE Karen: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
You: hi
SEE Karen: Hi
You: hi
You: i need help
SEE Karen: Give me a second please
You: ok
SEE Karen: I do not understand the issue from the email sorry please explain again
You: ok i use acount v1.0 ok
You: I bought collector edition box and all physical
You: on the website will not let me upgrade to collector's edition can only be done by digital edition
You: my question is how I do that on the website can not be
You: ok?
SEE Karen: yes I understand
You: ok wait
You: i buy game fisical version 1.0
You: active account ok?
SEE Karen: It is not possible to register a Windows version FFXIV ARR on an existing FFXIV 1.0 Windows account
You: not
You: i use account 1.0 inn 2.0 ok?
You: account is version normal not collector
You: inn game version 2.0
SEE Karen: I receive all your answers twice
You: i buy new game version collector
SEE Karen: Please give me the SQEX ID
You: XXXXXXX
You: ok?
You: i not register i need upgrade
You: buy new game version collector is cash
You: and need upgrade
You: on the website do not ahy possibility
You: my new game is digital box is not know?

SEE Karen: so you wish to upgrade your standard edition
SEE Karen: ?
You: yes
SEE Karen: You would have to buy a digital upgrade
SEE Karen: As I said it is NOT possible to register a FFXIV Collector's Edition on an existing FFXIV 1.0 account
You: physics but I bought 60 €

You: I bought the collector of € 60 and I have the data to update, but as I do?
You: i not register i need update
You: my problem is that on the website, you have the option not to update the physical edition collector know?
You: only digital
You: i need update my accpunt
You: account
SEE Karen: One moment please
You: ok
You: I can give the collector registration number for me to update my account to collector
You: the number is not register
SEE Karen: Follow the steps below to upgrade to the Collector's Edition:

(1) Log into FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station ( http://sqex.to/Msp)

(2) Select "Subscription Services"→ "Upgrade to the Digital Collector's Edition"

(3) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

*Please note that you cannot use a Game Time Card to pay for the digital upgrade
You: ok my new game not digital ... is box CD
SEE Karen: You can register a windows colelctor's edition on a new service account
SEE Karen: or if you wish to keep your service account digitally upgrade that one
SEE Karen: Those are the only options unfortunately
You: this is not a solution, I do with the new game that I've spent 60 euros?
You: also received an email from you to buy the physical edition game box, which also could update it and have the items I want, now you tell me I can not?
SEE Karen: I would suggest to request a refund
SEE Karen: I am sorry
SEE Karen: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
You: I would suggest to request a refund
You: it is easier to update with new registration code game? is very easy
SEE Karen: Sorry i do not understand
You: I think it is wrong of you and I have to eat the game 60 €
You: and can not be refunded because I've open
SEE Karen: You can register it on another service account
SEE Karen: or refund it, since the code has not been used that should be possible
SEE Karen: If you no longer have any other questions, please end this session.
SEE Karen: Thank you for visiting our SQUARE ENIX Chat line. Take care and have a nice evening !
You: if you are right but my 1.0 has a character has advanced and not want to lose
SEE Karen: Then you would have to either just play that
SEE Karen: or upgrade that account to CE
SEE Karen: digitally
SEE Karen: That is all I can advise
SEE Karen: I am sorry
You: ok use mensage NOT UPGRADE PHYSICAL
You: 60€ loss
You: i open game and not refun
You: thank you and Square enix
SEE Karen: I cannot refund your purchase
You: update the site and make no physical update by CARE
SEE Karen: Sorry what do you mean?
You: no thanks for everything and anything
SEE Karen: I have not written the website and can only apologize if it is unclear
SEE Karen: i am also happy to forward your feedback
SEE Karen: Thank you for visiting our SQUARE ENIX Chat line. Take care and have a nice evening !
SEE Karen: If you no longer have any other questions, please end this session.

ME suena a TIMO y encima me dicen que solo se puede por digital y ahora o pierdo mi cuenta avanzada de muchos meses la 1.0 claro, pillo la digital osea 14€ mas o me hago una nueva con el nuevo juego ... o lo dejo de cuadro de 60 € ...

SCUARE ENIX = TIMO:mad:

k1NgJaM1s
30th Aug 2013, 16:23
im down with this. At this point i just want my money back. The game is amazing but it isnt worth anything if it's not playable. I'll be calling my bank tomorrow.

Jayy28
31st Aug 2013, 01:40
spaghettijesus is filing a lawsuit because he never received what he payed for... The people in this thread who got their copy, but can't log in would not qualify for this, because you received the product. ridiculously high server population or server issues are not breaking the law lol.

Sankotsu
31st Aug 2013, 22:07
I hate to say it but maybe we should start getting some till the games more stable? It'd be kinda nice in my opinion.

jbo2002
31st Aug 2013, 22:17
ill take one right now already uninstalled.

Sankotsu
31st Aug 2013, 22:19
Totally sucks it's come to this. I don't want to pay for something I can't use or play etc...

Brabazonbw
31st Aug 2013, 22:35
Quite right! I wonder if we're covered under EU distance selling laws when a product we've bought is unfit for it's stated purpose, ie playing a game online. I know there'll be a huge number of players at the start which will drop to steadier numbers soon but FFS they're selling us a product NOW and extra servers to cope with the demand should have been in the cost model right from the go.
I want a refund for an unfit product which I can't use for it's advertised purpose

monetsmuse
31st Aug 2013, 22:44
There really has to be some kind of law against this kind of rip-off, I've already promised myself that I will never buy another Square Enix title, whether that is Lightning returns or Tomb Raider, games which would normally be an automatic choice and I urge everyone else to boycott these scum who clearly do not respect gamers. I've just been kicked out of the lobby because they have developed an error, I can't get in the world because it's full and I can't even queue in the lobby!

Enemyone
31st Aug 2013, 23:59
I do feel like i should get my money back, i was promised Early Access got in once got booted never got to play. Game released been on 2 days have not been able to log in since. if i wanted to play Unlucky lottery (1017) i would do so on my phone for free not pay 50 bucks for a brick. getting to the point i want them to loose every sub they could have had.

Gothyia
1st Sep 2013, 00:53
Id like to know where we apply for refund for game too!! IVE had it never ever had this problem in my 17 yrs of gaming. I mean yes crashes and bad launches but this is the absolute worse having a game come up playable but only 1000 people ish per server and they over sold the SEATS! the slots ... NOW we are bumped off constant on any server.. .NO entry into any server I made toons even on japan and even those servers are now full. THANKs now i remember why i stopped playing square enix games .. their cust service is by far the absolute worse even worse then runic games.

sleepyeyes
1st Sep 2013, 00:54
Okay, so if your point of view is that a troubled launch of an MMO should impact your decision to buy any other IP connected to SE, then I question your commitment as a fan. Eidos-Montreal hit the Tomb Raider relaunch out of the park, and had nothing to do with the FFXIV team. Lightning Returns is maybe a little closer to home, but really - did you write off Activision because of the last Aliens game? Were you done with Nintendo after the Wii U flopped? Did you get rid of all your Sony stuff after your launch-model PS3, that you paid too much for to begin with, crapped out after two years?

If all of you guys are legacy players, and this is the second time SE disappointed you with a problematic launch of FFXIV, then I hold my peace. If not, well, just look at *those* guys. They suffered through a crappy launch and a crappy game, and many of them returned for ARR. Now, *that's* loyalty, and that is being a fan.

Gothyia
1st Sep 2013, 00:54
IM IN FOr any CLass action suits.. ANY ATTORNEYS READY TO PLAY?

LaughingSade
1st Sep 2013, 01:10
Yes, I am for this as well since now Square is saying that PAID char transfers are coming in September without ANY mention of free transfers for us since they are in fact the ones that screwed us all over by locking us out of our servers that we PAID to play on. Genius move, Square,; offer poor server capacity and then lock them ONLY to charge all NA?EU players to fix the problem that you forced on them in the first place! Evil Marketing 101! Geniiiiiuuuus. And yes, I am ne of those who bought it when it first launched waaay back when. I want OBVIOUS assurance of FREE char transfers for us for the first month that they are available, AT LEAST. This is what we all need to clamor for, FREE CHAR TRANSFERS to fix Square's mistake.

Lavosa
1st Sep 2013, 14:30
Hey guys, I bought the CE (pre-ordered) from psn and it was refunded when they had all the issues during EA... Because of lack of communication from them I didn't know it was going to be free to us later on so I bought the standard edition to get in.... Now I have both (The free ce and reg that I bought) but want neither... I've decided the game is just too undependable and is way too much hassle to try to even get online. I spend 3/4's of my time trying to get in just to get knocked off shortly after. So what is the proper procedure for getting a refund when purchased through psn?? Thanks!

WelshSpeed
1st Sep 2013, 15:08
Im 100% sure you can't refunds from psn store.
Its in the t & c when you buy stuff from psn.

RedcapSue
1st Sep 2013, 17:09
Yeah most of the sites you download software from state "No refunds". Its kind of a gray area depending on the country you are in when purchasing. Some places like US have laws that state you can't sell something that doesn't work for its intended purpose at the time of purchase. Its called the "Lemon" law and is basically seen as fraud. But really these download sites would probably say that the Square Enix is responsible for resolving any conflicts about the quality of their product and probably rightfully so. If they want to be nice and foster good customer relations they might offer a courtesy refund but I will assume they won't consider that until they are given enough time to try and resolve this fiasco. At the moment I think its premature for them to offer refunds. Give them another week and if its still not fixed and they have not offered reparations to your satisfaction, start making calls. It's what I intend to do.

FritzMalone
1st Sep 2013, 20:03
Okay, so if your point of view is that a troubled launch of an MMO should impact your decision to buy any other IP connected to SE, then I question your commitment as a fan. Eidos-Montreal hit the Tomb Raider relaunch out of the park, and had nothing to do with the FFXIV team. Lightning Returns is maybe a little closer to home, but really - did you write off Activision because of the last Aliens game? Were you done with Nintendo after the Wii U flopped? Did you get rid of all your Sony stuff after your launch-model PS3, that you paid too much for to begin with, crapped out after two years?

If all of you guys are legacy players, and this is the second time SE disappointed you with a problematic launch of FFXIV, then I hold my peace. If not, well, just look at *those* guys. They suffered through a crappy launch and a crappy game, and many of them returned for ARR. Now, *that's* loyalty, and that is being a fan.

Did you sit and muster on your throne of money when you bought Colonial Marines? how about when the PS3 didn't have backwards compatibility to your entire library of games which was your fandom? How about when the Wii U was released but no big developer would touch the damn thing due to its inability to sell?

I'm a fan of many things, but i'm NOT a fan of being screwed over just for the sake of people to walk around on my hard earned cash to solve things in their own time. This is OUR time to play their game. This is OUR time to enjoy the fruits of their labor. That is what we buy, that is what we expect out of our purchase and THAT is what i want when i make a slot in an already busy day just to sit and relax with their game. Not to listen to someone like you to judge my fandom or my "commitment as a fan" as you so eloquently put it.

dietroit
1st Sep 2013, 20:23
I agree with all the anger being thrown around. Alot of us have busy lives, and have been looking forward to this for months on months. Now all these issues on a game that already folded for being inadequate... Where does SE get off taking peoples money and putting this out for purchase. They have really tainted an already tainted image. Poor business planning plain and simple.

When I sit down to enjoy something that I've bought with my hard earned money I fully expect to due so. You guys are really FAHQing up , SMH in disgust.

LaughingSade
1st Sep 2013, 20:43
And they can't even be bothered to reply to any of us here...cowardly...All we get is Lodestone partial updates.."HERE! Take this generic news post to satisfy your raaage and please stop rocking da boat.."

capppers
1st Sep 2013, 20:56
I do not want a refund and am happy to wait until it is all working a little better. Then in the weeks to come there will be more improvements just like every other game I have started with online when it first opened. They will most likely give everyone a number of days free for all the hassle they have put up with. I am so happy you are all quitting so its easier to get in the game but really it will be worth sticking it out. I like to be able to say "I was there the day it all opened". I have been in the game everyday since the 3 free days and each day after that and am in there right this moment. Sure it was hard to get in but everyday I get in :) Its a beautifully made game and I wont be stopping anytime soon.

LaughingSade
1st Sep 2013, 21:01
Well, then you are lucky for getting in. Are you perhaps one of those people sitting there idle when not playing so that you are keeping others out? I don't know many others with such a high login success rate as you claim to have..I am pretty much getting ready to give up hope on this game because their news posts are half-rgk;jhwrg and not really giving much hope that the real problems will be fixed. "YAY!! MORE SERVERS...that we can start over on or PAY to move our characters to. How niiiiiiice of Square to charge us to fix their problem..."

noob45
1st Sep 2013, 21:59

Consumers can and do punish retailers. I loved the xbox, but refused to buy the 360 and won't touch the next one because I disagree with the monthly fee for online stuff. I'm considering not even moving onto playstation 4 because of their PS+ subscription crap. If I want to do monthly payments I'll stick to my desktop.

I was not impressed with how linear FF story lines became so I stopped buying the new ones. Have multiple copies of 1-10 on multiple platforms now, 8 copies of tactics beween ps1,ps3, and psp. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but poor products will tarnish the name easily.

Kriknos
1st Sep 2013, 22:25
It is time for SE to pay the piper. While I myself am not looking for a refund, those that are should be given one. But SE should also offer to automatically extend our first month by at least the difference in time between the release date and the day they reach 100% user accessibility (100% is relative there will always be a few that can't get it to work). Also they should give free server transfers.

It is one thing to have minor issues and bugs, but I think we are way beyond minor problems they have made some very bad decisions and need to earn everyone's trust again and about the only way to do that is to, in effect, hand out money.

melafaire
2nd Sep 2013, 02:17
It is time for SE to pay the piper. While I myself am not looking for a refund, those that are should be given one. But SE should also offer to automatically extend our first month by at least the difference in time between the release date and the day they reach 100% user accessibility (100% is relative there will always be a few that can't get it to work). Also they should give free server transfers.

It is one thing to have minor issues and bugs, but I think we are way beyond minor problems they have made some very bad decisions and need to earn everyone's trust again and about the only way to do that is to, in effect, hand out money.

*claps heartily* hear hear! Very eloquently stated IMO. I hate that everything is turning out so badly. I was really excited about this game but.... well, you know the story. Everyone's having a hard time getting on and not getting to play this game that we have paid for and would keep paying for monthly if we were actually getting what we paid for. While the game is beautiful and looks like it could be so much fun, what does that matter if you can't get in to enjoy it? SE needs to do something to make it's customers happy or they will lose them.

Sankotsu
2nd Sep 2013, 04:38
*claps heartily* hear hear! Very eloquently stated IMO. I hate that everything is turning out so badly. I was really excited about this game but.... well, you know the story. Everyone's having a hard time getting on and not getting to play this game that we have paid for and would keep paying for monthly if we were actually getting what we paid for. While the game is beautiful and looks like it could be so much fun, what does that matter if you can't get in to enjoy it? SE needs to do something to make it's customers happy or they will lose them.

This would be acceptable too if they would reimburse and extend time or reduce the amount paid per month for the player base for a month make it like 7 bucks that month after our free time expires.

streamdevil
2nd Sep 2013, 11:34
To the Admin, community managers and whoever is reading this,

i would like to ask, what is the procedure for a refund since i can't even play and gives me error codes like 1017, 1016, 2002 or 5006 or unable to load XXXX list.

i hope there will be an answer to this because this game is really wasting my time for trying to get in to have fun etc that i can't even enter to play.

thank you very much

cheers

KyotoKisses
2nd Sep 2013, 11:39
I think it's a general T&C that no refunds will be provided, even though this server error is really pissing me off as well.

streamdevil
2nd Sep 2013, 11:54
ahhh i see.... couldn't find the refund part...

thanks

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 12:10
I think it's a general T&C that no refunds will be provided, even though this server error is really pissing me off as well.

Yeah, you'll generally find a part of the T&C's where it may not say about refunds but it will definitely mention they cannot guarantee service

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 13:14
Yeah, you'll generally find a part of the T&C's where it may not say about refunds but it will definitely mention they cannot guarantee service
It does not matter what the terms and conditions say, consumer law cannot be negated by them. Here in the UK we have the Sale of Goods Act, which states goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose it was bought for. Unless a person was a masochist, I do not believe anyone would buy the game merely to site there endlessly trying to connect to the game and getting the 1017 error messages, so obviously the game is not fit for purpose.

People need to determine what their local consumer laws state.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 13:24
It does not matter what the terms and conditions say, consumer law cannot be negated by them. Here in the UK we have the Sale of Goods Act, which states goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose it was bought for. Unless a person was a masochist, I do not believe anyone would buy the game merely to site there endlessly trying to connect to the game and getting the 1017 error messages, so obviously the game is not fit for purpose.

People need to determine what their local consumer laws state.

I'm in the UK also and I'm fully aware of consumer laws and myself and others have used consumer direct to get PS3's replaced outside of the standard 1 year warranty, BUT this type of law is mainly for electronical good over the value of £100. There are rights when it comes to things like this though and you are entitled to a refund but you'd have more luck from a retailer with a hard copy than getting refunds for digital downloads.

The point of my post is that people are raging that SE 'Promised' service but they did no such thing, which as I said will be part of the T&C's where unavoidable server downtime will be stated as 'we cannot guarantee online access', or something along those lines.

By all means pursue a refund but people should know that online service would never be 'promised'.

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 13:32
I'm in the UK also and I'm fully aware of consumer laws and myself and others have used consumer direct to get PS3's replaced outside of the standard 1 year warranty, BUT this type of law is mainly for electronical good over the value of £100. There are rights when it comes to things like this and you are entitled to a refund but you'd have more luck from a retailer with a hard copy than getting refunds for digital downloads.

The point of my post is that people are raging that SE 'Promised' service but they did no such thing, which as I said will be part of the T&C's where unavoidable server downtime will be stated as 'we cannot guarantee online access', or something along those lines.

By all means pursue a refund but people should know that online service would never be 'promised'.
Hmm

How can a 1017 error be classified as "unavoidable server downtime"? It cannot, the server is not down for maintenance / faulty, it is inaccessible due to low population caps and the lack of an inactivity logout mechanism. Personally I have been able to connect most days, but I know there are people that have been unable to connect and create characters since the game went live last Monday, those people most definitely have a case to have their purchases refunded in full, at least if they are in the UK or the EU.

KyotoKisses
2nd Sep 2013, 13:35
Try taking it up under Intellectual Property? I think online games fall within that category.

And I thought UK's SOGA included IP in it?

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 13:41
Hmm

How can a 1017 error be classified as "unavoidable server downtime"? It cannot, the server is not down for maintenance / faulty, it is inaccessible due to low population caps and the lack of an inactivity logout mechanism. Personally I have been able to connect most days, but I know there are people that have been unable to connect and create characters since the game went live last Monday, those people most definitely have a case to have their purchases refunded in full, at least if they are in the UK or the EU.

You're just nit-picking my choice of words, I also said - "unavoidable server downtime will be stated as 'we cannot guarantee online access', or something along those lines.

Use common sense and substitute 'downtime' for log on issues, server restrictions, throttling etc etc etc, take your pick, the point still stands that they would not guarantee (or promise for another word) online service as part of the T&C's

bulldog2712
2nd Sep 2013, 13:45
sorry error 2789 cant give refunds:)

KyotoKisses
2nd Sep 2013, 13:45
sorry error 2789 cant give refunds:)

Was that something you just come up with? HAHA!

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 13:57
You're just nit-picking my choice of words, I also said - "unavoidable server downtime will be stated as 'we cannot guarantee online access', or something along those lines.

Use common sense and substitute 'downtime' for log on issues, server restrictions, throttling etc etc etc, take your pick, the point still stands that they would not guarantee (or promise for another word) online service as part of the T&C's
I am indeed being pedantic, however the point stands, unavoidable downtime is 1 thing, the combination of insufficient server capacity, lack of inactivity timer and a woefully inadequate queueing process is something entirely different.

I would have less complaints if only the last of those 3 issues was addressed. Having to sit and spam Start -> Login for hours on end merely to receive a 1017 error is simply not acceptable, it would be far better to just change the maximum size of the login queue, so players can attempt to login, see there are 1215 people ahead of them in the queue, then they can get on with doing something else whilst they wait to get in.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:06
Could you not just get a refund and then we can avoid your pedantic crap?! AGAIN as I stated, all these things you've just mentioned will be rolled up in a single clause that THEY CANNOT GUARANTEE SERVICE! Do us a favour and get off your high horse, no-one is forcing you to sit there trying for hours on end are they? Yes there are things SE 'could' or 'should' be doing to makes things better and the latest updates (in the various official locations) say they are 'trying' to address all known issues.

If you are unable or unwilling to wait it out like the rest of us then stop trying, at least that way we'll all be 1 more step closer to the front of the log in queue.

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 14:17
Could you not just get a refund and then we can avoid your pedantic crap?! AGAIN as I stated, all these things you've just mentioned will be rolled up in a single clause that THEY CANNOT GUARANTEE SERVICE! Do us a favour and get off your high horse, no-one is forcing you to sit there trying for hours on end are they? Yes there are things SE 'could' or 'should' be doing to makes things better and the latest updates (in the various official locations) say they are 'trying' to address all known issues.

If you are unable or unwilling to wait it out like the rest of us then stop trying, at least that way we'll all be 1 more step closer to the front of the log in queue.
I am not on a high horse, I stated people need to look at their consumer laws rather than look at the terms and conditions. For someone that calls themselves a hippy, you seem remarkably tense, perhaps the endless 1017's are getting to you...

Doctour
2nd Sep 2013, 14:22
As great as this game has been when I've actually gotten a chance to play, it's not worth it at all.
Servers being full has been an issue since phase 3 beta, but since the player number was much smaller, you actually had a chance to get in every time. But now with all the people afk in the game 24/7, its not worth trying to log in for hours on end and still not be let in. In the past 2 weeks, I've been successfully able to log in twice, one of which instantly kicked me out upon reaching my first quest...
You guys tried making a good game, and even with all the warning signs in the last 2 beta phases, you failed to fix the problems.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:32
I am not on a high horse, I stated people need to look at their consumer laws rather than look at the terms and conditions. For someone that calls themselves a hippy, you seem remarkably tense, perhaps the endless 1017's are getting to you...

Actually I connect fine near enough all the time, so I'm pretty chilled thank you.

It's yourself that has made this into an issue by mis-quoting me in the first place, wherein all I was stating is that a lot of the rage on the forum is 'user entitlement' crap and that SE mis-sold the product, to which I was only saying that there would have been no promise/guarantee of service.

If people are not happy then by all means look up consumer laws and pursue a refund (as I also stated), but stop with all the 'not fit for purpose' stuff, if it doesn't work for you then most retailers would take it back (usually for store credit). I'm just tired of this 'Publisher' forum being flooded with nonsense which stops everyone actually discussing the game.

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 14:39
Actually I connect fine near enough all the time, so I'm pretty chilled thank you.

It's yourself that has made this into an issue by mis-quoting me in the first place, wherein all I was stating is that a lot of the rage on the forum is 'user entitlement' crap and that SE mis-sold the product, to which I was only saying that there would have been no promise/guarantee of service.

If people are not happy then by all means look up consumer laws and pursue a refund (as I also stated), but stop with all the 'not fit for purpose' stuff, if it doesn't work for you then most retailers would take it back (usually for store credit). I'm just tired of this 'Publisher' forum being flooded with nonsense which stops everyone actually discussing the game.
Hmmm

I did not misquote you. I quoted your post in full, I addressed the part of your post about "unavoidable server downtime". That is not misquoting you.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:41
In the past 2 weeks, I've been successfully able to log in twice

Well that's interesting considering the game has only been officially launched for 7 days (10 including early access).

Contact your retailer if unhappy with your purchase.....

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:43
Hmmm

I did not misquote you. I quoted your post in full, I addressed the part of your post about "unavoidable server downtime". That is not misquoting you.

Misquoting was the fact you took 'downtime' literal, when if you read my post correctly you will get my point and I even reiterated that it was probably the wrong choice of words, but most people would have got that.

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 14:51
Misquoting was the fact you took 'downtime' literal, when if you read my post correctly you will get my point and I even reiterated that it was probably the wrong choice of words, but most people would have got that.
It was not misquoting, there may be argument that I took your statement at face value, and thus out of context, however that is not misquoting. Let us leave it at that, or we will get into an endless reply cycle that will result in tedium that matches the 1017 cycle.

WelshSpeed
2nd Sep 2013, 14:54
Terms and conditions are a contract between you and the seller and thay have not broken the contract and nor have thay mislead you, So you have to put up with it and hope the service gets better.

Chuueey
2nd Sep 2013, 14:58
In US court at least, the T&C for lack of service will not hold up. Regardless of whatever the T&C say, if there is a lack of performance from intended service, in court the clauses would get wiped out. The consumer is HEAVILY favored in the court of law despite whatever superficial "contract" the seller can provide. If the consumer is being taken advantage of, it will settle itself out if people were to decide to take it to court for a refund.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 15:05
Terms and conditions are a contract between you and the seller and thay have not broken the contract and nor have thay mislead you, So you have to put up with it and hope the service gets better.

Finally someone with sense ;)

In US court at least, the T&C for lack of service will not hold up. Regardless of whatever the T&C say, if there is a lack of performance from intended service, in court the clauses would get wiped out. The consumer is HEAVILY favored in the court of law despite whatever superficial "contract" the seller can provide. If the consumer is being taken advantage of, it will settle itself out if people were to decide to take it to court for a refund.

So how did the class action against Sony go when they removed the OtherOS option on the original PS3? The consumers were definitely not favoured on that even though it was pretty clear Sony sold the product with the ability to do something (and advertised it!) and then removed it. No feature was reinstated and no refunds were given. You should also bare in mind where people are purchasing things, so in example I bought FFXIV from Amazon, so my contract is with them not SE. If I wanted a refund I would have to go to my retailer.

WelshSpeed
2nd Sep 2013, 15:11
Terms and conditions state services can not be guarantee service in all areas at all times, Which the service has been running 60% of the time since the game came out and in the uk and usa you do not have a leg to stand on.

Wrong in both the uk and the usa the system is designed to take advantage of consumers from food to cars anything you buy your beening ripped off Fact.

tomatohamster
2nd Sep 2013, 15:14
yeah I want to return my game because this is just ridiculous, I have to wait a half hour to an hour to get into the game and I'm definitely not going to pay for a subscription. So either a refund or just not going to play because this has made me not even want to play it anymore...ill just wait for elder scrolls online to come out and see if that's any better.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 15:16
Not strictly true, as we do have consumer direct in the UK that covers the so called standard warranty of things. In example my brother bought his PS3 from the GAME store, it died on him 1 month after the standard 1 year warranty had expired. GAME said to contact Sony but consumer direct advises that any electrical good over the value of £100 should at least last for 5 years minimum and that my brother contract is with the retailer and then their contract is with Sony. Armed with this information he went back to GAME and they totally buckled because they know it's true (they just don't advertise it!). He then received a voucher to the value of a new PS3 (cheapest current model).

This is why you should never be duped into getting extended warranties on electrical goods because you are covered for at least 5 years regardless of what retailers try to tell you

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 15:22
Terms and conditions state services can not be guarantee service in all areas at all times, Which the service has been running 60% of the time since the game came out and in the uk and usa you do not have a leg to stand on.

Wrong in both the uk and the usa the system is designed to take advantage of consumers from food to cars anything you buy your beening ripped off Fact.
Hmmm

A few questions :
1. Where are you getting this figure of "60%" .
2. Can you provide the definition you are using for "the service has been running 60% of the time since the game came out ". The servers may indeed have been up in excess of 60% of the time since the game officially launched, that does not mean to say that the servers have been accessible for 60% of the time. Indeed I am not even sure how you could reliably get statistics on the 1017 errors where the servers are available but people are unable to login because the world is full.

WelshSpeed
2nd Sep 2013, 15:26
One thing everyones thinking is that thay will all have to start paying for the subscription at the same time when thay don't, There 30 day free subscription ends 29 days after you first registered the game.
So with me i don't have to pay till the 26th of september, Now someone will say because its on the games news bit its ends on the 7th of september but that's illegal well in the EU as EU copys all have printed on the front of the box in nice big letters FREE SUBSCRIPTION FOR 30 DAYS*
now someone will say underneth its says some restrictions may apply* in small letters but as Square Enix EU knows thats illegal advertisement because its misleading so either thay hold 30 days to each person or thay get taken to court and fined millions of pounds and forced to offer a extra 30 days or full refund.

WelshSpeed
2nd Sep 2013, 15:34
Beening unable to login in because its full is nobody fault.
as for errors ive only had the 1017 twice, i logged in yesterday at 9pm 0gmt time without issues and stay logged in till i finshed at 5am 0gmt time, So thats 8 hours without issues.
as for 60% there my own rough figures, Main ive only had issues with the been no start button and sometimes eu or jap severs are done, so like somebody with half a brain i main one eu character and one jap character so i limit how much im off the game.

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 15:42
as for errors ive only had the 1017 twice, i logged in yesterday at 9pm 0gmt time without issues and stay logged in till i finshed at 5am 0gmt time, So thats 8 hours without issues.
as for 60% there my own rough figures, Main ive only had issues with the been no start button and sometimes eu or jap severs are done, so like somebody with half a brain i main one eu character and one jap character so i limit how much im off the game.
Hmmm

I disagree, it is SE's fault, Obviously the game sold far more than they expected, and so issues are to be expected, however the lack of inactivity timer and the incredibly poor queueing system is most certainly SE's fault. A better queuing system rather than constantly having to attempt to login only to get 1017 errors would reduce frustration. As for your "figures", I was hoping you could provide a link to some reliable source, no offence, but figures from 1 person's personal experience is meaningless, except to that 1 particular person.

Timothy1121
2nd Sep 2013, 16:10
Guys.....I think I would be a little less pissed off if SE had some better customer service....
That is really the only thing that pushes me over the edge.
Answer the phone, tell me the truth that you screwed up, give some type of compensation for my pain and suffering and I shall forgive thee

Sankotsu
2nd Sep 2013, 16:10
Hmmm

I disagree, it is SE's fault, Obviously the game sold far more than they expected, and so issues are to be expected, however the lack of inactivity timer and the incredibly poor queueing system is most certainly SE's fault. A better queuing system rather than constantly having to attempt to login only to get 1017 errors would reduce frustration. As for your "figures", I was hoping you could provide a link to some reliable source, no offence, but figures from 1 person's personal experience is meaningless, except to that 1 particular person.

I agree with you Hejjin

Doctour
2nd Sep 2013, 19:20

How can you say that. They have said everyone will have an equal opportunity to play, but from what I've seen, only the people that stay logged in get any play time, and those of us who logged out after getting in cannot ever get back in. They also have done nothing to prevent this from happening, nor have they started taking any action towards a solution.

Doctour
2nd Sep 2013, 19:22

This has been an issue since the last beta. They had time to prepare for it and did nothing. Servers were full then so they could've increased capacity, they didn't. They could add more servers, they have not yet. They could have an inactive force log out, they refused to. You saying its nobody's fault when they had ample time to fix the problem and they did nothing tells me it is their fault.

Doctour
2nd Sep 2013, 19:26
That's 10 days early access plus the beta before that (which ends up being a total of 3 weekends now).

Paleoak
2nd Sep 2013, 19:30
PC games are final sale at almost every retailer. All you'd be doing is screwing the retailer out of money.

PS: The PS3 version is also final sale because of the activation code.

Gomly1980
2nd Sep 2013, 20:31
PC games are final sale at almost every retailer. All you'd be doing is screwing the retailer out of money.

PS: The PS3 version is also final sale because of the activation code.

Quite a lot of places have been giving refunds due to the sheer amount of issues in getting to play the game.

Paleoak
2nd Sep 2013, 20:52
Quite a lot of places have been giving refunds due to the sheer amount of issues in getting to play the game.

I guess if a retailer is willing. I know my store has been told to have a strict no return policy on PC software. Just don't be upset with the employee working if they say they can't do PC refunds.. Getting yelled at for something you have no control over is never fun.

Gomly1980
2nd Sep 2013, 22:40
I guess if a retailer is willing. I know my store has been told to have a strict no return policy on PC software. Just don't be upset with the employee working if they say they can't do PC refunds.. Getting yelled at for something you have no control over is never fun.

Won't upset me, i'm not looking for a refund.

Yeah it's frustrating not being able to log in some times but once the log in error boss is down it is a pretty fun game ..... until the boss respawns and i'm stuck with more errors.

Pleaser
3rd Sep 2013, 02:43
I dont get it why dont they just make a login screen, no game and just charge everybody for something that doesnt exist (oh no! thats what they did right ?). We need some laws against rip off game companys like this, clear case of False Advertisement. ToO bad this Blade and Soul / Elder Scrolls gap filler was a Lalafailler. I'll stick to the Korean squad in the future, at least they know what they are doing.

Scam, this is far from being a online mmo experience, the release itself would've been barely good enough for a game boy single player mode hack and slay. There we would've at least gotten in the game or wouldn't wait on friends trying to log for hours. I guess "Yoshi" should stick to his Mario bros on the Nintendo, at least the FF games worked back than. The PC Online gaming community is used to blizzard standarts. If you cant match that service at least somewhat you midas well not even continue trying to distribute this holy crap. You cant even go for the obvious stuff to fix the issues temporary. For example plainly reset the servers every few hours to get rid of the afk people standing around, automatic logout for afk's after "x" minutes, or place the player in a que counting down their position instead of forcing them to restart 1 million times back to back just to see its full ??? All the other MMO's do this to make sure the majority is able to join, thus keeping most players happy in the FIRST WEEK of release. What does square enix stand for? Total amatures in the MMO industry as programmers, game testers, and publishers? U should've known better the 2nd try around, not to realease this BS and sell us a Empty Box once again, Money Back !!!

I've played several MMO'S on release date: Tera, Neverwinter, WoW, SWTOR etc. Not one of these games left the customer with such a bad feeling after the first week of play. This game is mere junk compared to most mmo's, I know cause i play em all and work in the cg industry, so go play free ones if you havent tested them. Honestly you get higher poly counts, bumb mapping, real time raytracing (light reflections that bounce of objects), quicker and complex combat system, good customer service, and best of all stable servers for a fraction of your hard earned money or even totally free. C you there ;)

P.S - Some Problems we can deal with on a major release in the first week but we cant work with nothing. Next time sell it on the first of April ! Than I can predict that your just Trolling everybody :).

ltricorough
3rd Sep 2013, 02:53
As great as this game has been when I've actually gotten a chance to play, it's not worth it at all.
Servers being full has been an issue since phase 3 beta, but since the player number was much smaller, you actually had a chance to get in every time.
You guys tried making a good game, and even with all the warning signs in the last 2 beta phases, you failed to fix the problems.

OMG THEY KNEW OF THIS in BETA?! I want my money back too on this. IF they even think of charging a service fee while no one can login, they are outta there minds. I posted in another thread comparing this release to Diablo III and how disappointing it was with error 37 and how no one can login on release. They fixed it in a week though, aaannndddd they didn't charge a service fee for it.

But ya, i would like my money back at this rate if they don't fix anything. I will see you guys in League of Legends and Starcraft II

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 07:29
That's 10 days early access plus the beta before that (which ends up being a total of 3 weekends now).

You want a refund because of the BETA access?! Now I'm sorry but that's just dumb, that was a BETA test that was FREE and for testing purposes!

Teadax
3rd Sep 2013, 08:19
What Hippie is trying to say here is that he is an accused afk abuser (lol) who feels that we should all just sit tight and have that patience to wait it out till Wednesday. I would have to agree, a week or two of rough could turn into a few years of smoothe running.

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 08:26
What Hippie is trying to say here is that he is an accused afk abuser (lol) who feels that we should all just sit tight and have that patience to wait it out till Wednesday. I would have to agree, a week or two of rough could turn into a few years of smoothe running.

I am not an AFK abuser!! I log out when I'm done, I can't afford a) the cost of running my console 24/7 and b) the cost of my PS3 melting and getting the YLOD!

Teadax
3rd Sep 2013, 08:29
Hey, I said accused, not guilty. lmfao. That's just word on the street, don't shoot the messenger.

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 08:31
Hey, I said accused, not guilty. lmfao. That's just word on the street, don't shoot the messenger.

The messenger always gets shot when they bring bad news ;)

Whippyice
3rd Sep 2013, 09:18
I'm Curious is OP a MMO first timer ?

Lachase
3rd Sep 2013, 11:17
I've played several MMO'S on release date: Tera, Neverwinter, WoW, SWTOR etc. Not one of these games left the customer with such a bad feeling after the first week of play.

WoW- It's launch was just down right horrible over half the servers would crash and be down for well over an hour only to happen again and again and when you was in the game it would spike mobs would bug quests would bug and your character would sometimes have ability delay. It took them almost 2 weeks to get everything under control 9 years later still going strong.

Neverwinter- Launch not the worst but not the best either at the end of the day tho while it was a nice looking game I got almost to max lvl and found that I was just hitting the same couple of buttons over and over. The game itself was beyond boring and that's why it's free to play.

Tera- You serious? it had a horrible down right filthy start. It was down more then it was up in the first week so that point is invalid.

Starwars- Not even worth putting up there the game itself was pure sadness, give me a week of downtime all the time compared to this game.

Where you work is completely pointless and adds nothing to why anyone should play these games. They all started out with a plan to make money and do stuff, but at the end of the day WoW is the only one left that's still going strong the reason most of them games are free to play is because they kinda suck. Their servers run smooth because nobody really wants to play them but they do because the thought of paying a huge amount of 13 bucks a month is just too much to handle for most. So you end up playing with children, and teens who act like children, then adults who won't spend the money, and you guessed it! act like children.

Trust me I'm a flying lama, and I work in the flying lama industries.

Also I almost got to 25 plus leveled 2 side jobs to nearly 10 and botny to nearly 20 in the 5 days in a row I have got to play while logging back in. I understand that mmo's never have a smooth launch, only a person with serious dreaming issues would ever believe a mmo should come right out of the gate perfect beta testing or not. It just doesn't happen ever!

Oh and to the OP what Hippy said you seriously want a refund based on time spent in beta? I bought early access and I didn't even get to play the first 2 days it was up and it didn't bug me one bit. I can see where it might make you mad if you took a magical week off from your workplace to play a mmo at launch a lot of people do it acting like their won't be problems. But they are silly what a waste of a weeks worth of points over a video game.

I guess at the end of this poorly written rant all I can say is grow up it's been live less then a week, and I don't care if you can't play most of the time because guess what it's always like that at the start of anything over hyped. You want to refund a game that you already used the code on, screw the retailer if they actually refund it because that code is now worthless, over something so petty as a week of server issues that every single mmo has when they start if they are even worth a damn.

Pleaser
3rd Sep 2013, 13:59
All those games i played longer than a few hours in the first week, they all did a better job its plain facts.

WoW first week could you login ? Yes (Servers Crashed yes but you could login at least, and fixed the afks within 2 days)
Tera first week could you login ? Yes (Tera was up all day hardly any problem lol what the hell your talking about)
Neverwinter first week could you login? Yes (Yeah it went fast to level so what i could still login and play)
Swtor first week could you login ? Yes (SWTOR sadness lol well you could actually quest at least and get in)
(GW2 release i noticed you didnt even put up there since it was nearly flawless from the start, free to play just pay once, 20 times better than this junk."only a person with serious dreaming issues would ever believe a mmo should come right out of the gate perfect beta testing or not. It just doesn't happen ever!" OH yes it does your the dreamer i guess!? Dont exept the fact that things are bad, rather work on making em better is my way of thinking dude, so deinstall money back and you dont have to try login in 5 hours every day, what a relief. Come back when works and is free to play)
Final Fantasy can you login ? NO

I rest my case, you clearly didnt play those games since day one if you have that opinion, and im not the one screwing the retailer thats square enix with its empty box, think before you type. Where i work is not pointless btw , if you gonna judge something you better have a understanding of it, makes sense dont it? You clearly have none? Give me some hard facts why this game is better or stands out while i cant login, than i might wait on something 2 weeks to use.
(There goes your "Where you work is completely pointless and adds nothing to why anyone should play these games", do you want lawyers programming the next FF ? and i suppose game reviews are a waste of time aswell right? You make no sense at all. Any information on these forums from anybody could affect my decissions.)

If you like spending your money on nada and wasting your time no problem bro i can give you my bank account number, I'll take your chump change, and the flying lama is a bug its supposed to stand on the ground xd, if you wanna talk **** you found your maker dude, bring it. Where did you read "Trust me" next time quote a bit maybe.
"La Chase" the hope of good game its your decission, im just stating it the way it is and not the way its going to be maybe in the future someday, somehow, somewhere!

Just cause you could play doesn't mean everyone had the same pleasure, a bit ignorant maybe over there? View the forums, the majority is pissed, why? Cause they got a good reason! They got Trolled just like me and you just dont realize it or dont care since you could get in. (Did you get an AV for that? lol)
This game is already dead the fatal dmg is already done. It will be free to play within 6 months, the other games i stated made it way longer or where free to begin with, mark my words. (check ign review on this game)

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”― Dr. Seuss

Passed
3rd Sep 2013, 16:41
I log in all the time, and have done so since early access. I log off when ever i leave for work. I log back in fine at peak times when i get home. Sometimes it might take me 5 minutes of reclicking start and selecting my character. I have played every day, and the game itself is pleasing, to say the least.

I guess i have been luckier than most. Most of the time forums, of all MMo's, are full of people complaining. The rest are logged in enjoying themselves.

MissAmbience
3rd Sep 2013, 16:59
So just to step in for a moment, You do realize that when other mmo's came out, besides star wars, they didnt have the fan base of Final Fantasy, Yes there's problems now, but you have to let them fix the problems, I mean come on, This game has been out for a week. You arnt just dealing with the release but you are dealing with thousands of die hard final fantasy fans.

2Kinky4U
3rd Sep 2013, 17:03
My main problem is just not being able to log in during the day, and still in que when its around 2AM in the morning PST. I've had this game since it came out and still cannot play it enough to enjoy it. I'm giving SE the benefit of the doubt because its never perfect the first time a game is released, but im hoping they'll fix some of the issues soon. If not, i just paid to not play a game. :(

Pleaser
3rd Sep 2013, 17:19
This game has been released the 2nd time now Kinky and miss Ambience die hard fans or not, the fact that they combined PS3 and PC users and not take simple login procautions like the ones i stated in the first thread tells you these guys are amatures in mmo online gaming business wich will result in what? If you look at the sale numbers in comparison to other release sale numbers of games i stated its not higher ;) quite lower compared to others btw that were just for the PC. Check these charts what do you think? www.vgchartz.com/game/35106/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn. So your argument of the fan base is not legit, sorry. Facts are hard to deal with and numbers dont lie.

(Hopefully this one wont have the same fate the first release had thats for sure. I hope for you guys they fix it since im done along with my 4 buddys who are fed up, Imagine us trying to log in to play the first ini at the same time never ever happening)

MissAmbience
3rd Sep 2013, 17:23
thanks for your spots

Pleaser
3rd Sep 2013, 17:36
You'll get many more no worries ;) and your welcome ladys first xd

InSaneV
4th Sep 2013, 03:52
I believe your link shows the sales to ffxiv online sales not the current reborn version, since all the data is from 2010 up to Aug 24, 2013 which the game had not hit official release yet.

Pleaser
4th Sep 2013, 09:05
Beleive in Wiki than if you cant read the numbers, my statement is absolutely correct, this game doesnt hardly have the capacity that others had to deal with in the past, the die hard fans argument still not legit. Most sold MMO to date on the PC is and stays GW2, Love my Sunrise and Spark btw, probably number one since it was the only "close to flawless" mmo right out the gate on the first day. No i cant login crap your used to and put up with from other titles ;) (Elder Scrolls will take its spot in a few months). Wii rocks em all when it comes to selling games by a Longshot, check out the breakdown of all games consoles etc.

Number 1 sold game so far all consoles and PC included since the ATARI "Wii Sports" 82.98 million wich is roughly 4 times more than the runner up on any platform. A casual gamers get his information afterward, a pro gamer beforehand. Stop writing stuff you guys have no clue about. Thx

Here are your numbers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games
HF

Kilroy152
4th Sep 2013, 09:28
I log in all the time, and have done so since early access. I log off when ever i leave for work. I log back in fine at peak times when i get home. Sometimes it might take me 5 minutes of reclicking start and selecting my character. I have played every day, and the game itself is pleasing, to say the least.

I guess i have been luckier than most. Most of the time forums, of all MMo's, are full of people complaining. The rest are logged in enjoying themselves.

Square employee detected.:wave:

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 09:30
Square employee detected.:wave:

You can't help but lol at that :D :D

Laventus
5th Sep 2013, 01:12
here's a link to my previous thread which i guess i posted in the "wrong area" http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5687

THIS IS IN REGARDS TO THE PC VERSION(as ive seen links that square enix has announced refunds if you bought it for the PS3)

Still have the same question. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with regards to getting a refund for the digital copy of the game i purchased during the early release. Thanks.

edit: my concern in the original thread
"I don't really think i need to explain why im refunding it lol, its pretty self explanatory for anyone who's bought and played it. Unfortunately i pre-ordered the digital copy as i was anxious to play(BIG mistake). If this was a physical copy i could just bring it back to the store. Does anyone know if its possible to get a refund on the digital copy i bought. Thanks."

marvman69
5th Sep 2013, 01:50
lucky 4 you at least got the game this company has put a go screw yourself on all sales of it so I cant even buy the digital copy I want give me yours :):wave:

marvman69
5th Sep 2013, 01:52
give me your copy im dieing to play this but its all blocked from buying it and wow is fail until 5.4 comes out.

Demonoc
5th Sep 2013, 02:52
wish they reopen sales dying to play this game and wow was fail after wotlk xpac. to noobified

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 03:09
Digi copies normally say under no reasons can you have a refund.

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 03:13
Should have bought the disc and installed it then take it back to get your money back, just like me lmao......
for some ****ed up reasons thay made the discs just copies on both pc and ps3 so after first install you dont need a disc lol.

TheRealKraggy
5th Sep 2013, 06:35
I don't really think i need to explain why im refunding it lol, its pretty self explanatory for anyone who's bought and played it.
I've bought it, played it and have no idea what you're on about.

Login problems? Yes, I've had them, haven't been able to play for a week. Shouldn't have been like that but hey, I'm an adult, I'll live if I 'lose' a few days of playing a video game, a game that clearly is going to be a lot of fun for a long time after these teething problems are just another part of MMO launch history .. just like FFXI, WOW, LOTRO, Rift, etc. etc. etc.

TheRealKraggy
5th Sep 2013, 06:35
Should have bought the disc and installed it then take it back to get your money back, just like me lmao......
for some ****ed up reasons thay made the discs just copies on both pc and ps3 so after first install you dont need a disc lol.
This is your first MMO it would appear.

Kornchanut
5th Sep 2013, 14:42
Hmm so the question still remain, is refund possible? I am planning to quit this game cuz I bought early access, but could not play the game for almost 2 weeks now. So, the investment is voided both financially and emotionally. Since I still do not see the way out of the maze, I do not want to pay $15-20 per month, and still need "luck" to log into the game. That is hidden monthly "lucky" fee.

The fact that this game is the first MMO or not is irrelevant. Sure, things happen. But that does not deny the quality that a paid-for product/service should adequately have.

Laventus
6th Sep 2013, 00:46
Bump, still need help please! A link or anything to show where i can get a refund. Thanks again!

WeDoItBig676
6th Sep 2013, 03:04
I am in the same boat. I purchased the Collectors Edition and just want my money back at this point. I don't care if we get 7 extra free days it means nothing when you can't login.

I really hope that blizzard has something to do with this. If not not god help you Square.

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 08:04
THIS IS IN REGARDS TO THE PC VERSION(as ive seen links that square enix has announced refunds if you bought it for the PS3)

I haven't seen anything official about refunds of digital PC versions of the game but I would point out that it is not Square-Enix doing refunds of the PS3 version, it is SONY that are refunding the PSN store bought digital copies because they (Sony) messed it up which stopped people playing, this was their fault and was nothing to do with Square-Enix.

TeeTheFee
17th Sep 2013, 23:09
Hello,
Some of my RL friends play this game, and got me a beta-key in one of the phases, and this game is without a doubt the most inclusive MMORPG I have played to date. However, there is no reliable way to contact you guys. I have sent emails to your help contact email addresses. I have looked high and low for a contact number, I found one here (http://www.contacthelp.com/directory/Shopping/Electronics/Square+Enix?ListingID=4425) The hours correspond with your phone contact hours, but the line is dead. I also tried to go through your contact us buttons, all like 15 of them. They lead you round and round in circles of more buttons until you get to a form. The form says something like "WE will call YOU when we can, leave your number here, and also your credit card number"? Why do you need my credit card number and my home address for me to hear from a live human being?

Though this may be the best MMO, your customer service is seriously lacking. Your endless websites links and loops feel like this was created in another language and someone plug-and-chugged it all into google translate and wished for the best. And those wishes weren't answered. So when I get to the end of the form it tells me I didn't include my PlayOnline ID. Which is not the same as my square-enix log-in. I have scoured my email for a sign of this PlayOnline ID, to no avail. Furthermore, your "Lost Password" system is so poorly designed that I had to create another account to actually buy this game. ONLY to find out that the server my friends play on is Ragnarok EU Legacy, and the server is locked. No more characters may be created on it?

Is this the only MMO that you cannot go from high population to low population servers? Is there no petition system to be in line to MAKE a character in the server of your choice?

-There is no point for my friends to make a level 1 character just to play with me. This game was designed so you can use a single character and achieve all things in this game. In fact it kind of rewards you for completing all of these things on your single character.

-There is no point for me to 'wait' until your server unlocks, and continue leveling on some other server, especially since there is no estimated time, and you guys do NOT respond to email and make yourselves extremely difficult to contact.

-There is no point in playing an online game, by yourself at all, that's why people figured out how fun it is to quest and level with friends, and adventure and all that.
Having said that, I would like a full refund for my misguided purchase of this AMAZING game.

Thank you,
~Clay

Graith
18th Sep 2013, 04:57
Dear Clay;

I agree that there were a few issues with population servers and getting a character in, but they fixed and are fixing that. But on the issue of customer service, SE has had by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced with an online video game. I too sent my tickets in and my emails and my forms, and have yet to receive a reply. All I can tell you is to be patient. Trust me I love this game and if I wasn't playing this, I wouldn't be playing any MMORPG, but if customer service doesn't fix my account issues soon... I will be quitting as well...

Hope you change your mind,
Graith

aeonbluestar
18th Sep 2013, 20:56
Yeah they fixed the login issue... then started banning everyone and their sister for no reason. Both situations = can not play, so I see it as no different. So regardless of their login servers being fixed and their server capacity being increased, now it seems like they are banning random people who pre-ordered. The login issues were actually better! This on top of the fact that they charged me TWICE for the game and when I finally got a reply on that ticket two weeks later it was basically: Yeah, we can't do anything about that.

TeeTheFee
18th Sep 2013, 23:00
Thanks Graith, yes this is frustrating, I'm about to just strike the charges from my bank account and mark them as FRAUD charges because square enix is turning into Madoff it seems. And are these just community forums or are these the official forums for FFXIV? Because I havent received anything from ANY official S.E. staff member or anything. This is honestly looking more and more like a scam... which is honestly too bad, how can such an amazing game have such ****-ful customer service? This must be the reason people stuck with World of Warcraft instead, because GM's WILL answer every ticket, even if they role-play the whole time...

pissedoff
30th Sep 2013, 22:18
I received an email stating my account was cancelled due to TOS violations. Well I have only played 3 times since I purchased. I tried a password reset so I could open a ticket. But low an behold I can't open a ticket because my account has been cancelled.

So I expect the following an email stating the account was reinstated, or notice of refund. I will also be contacting VISA to dispute the charge since you took the product from me inside of 30days.

Back to WOW...Graphics not as sexy, story line is old...But I don't get accused of TOS violations and have my account turned off and not even given a way to find out what happened...

Aznskyboi
1st Oct 2013, 07:37
Looks like i will do the same thing call for dispute

TeeTanOv
24th Nov 2013, 02:39
Just got my money sent back from Digital Ridge US Inc. Guess I'll go over to the store and buy a copy tomorrow.

Wafuyu
28th Apr 2016, 12:14
Hello, I recently purchased FFXIV for Mac yesterday, but I haven't got my code yet since I was reluctant to give my ID info to be able to receive the code. I was wondering if it is possible for me to get a refund, since I have not received the code thus opening the product?
Thank you very much!

Grimoire
28th Apr 2016, 23:30
Make sure to contact customer service (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1) about this.