PDA

View Full Version : Best line/scene

dumah's wraith
1st May 2006, 14:45
Whats the best/worst scene in lok?
Whats the best/worst line in lok?[I'm deadlocked between 'Destiny is a game, is it not? And now you await my latest move...' and 'I don't like that word. It smells of martyrdom'.]But I never played bo1, so...

DemonicDC
1st May 2006, 21:32
I think both the best line + scene is when Kain kills Mobius only to have Raziel finish the job. Ok (more lines then) but atleast the scene is brilliant.

Tirda
2nd May 2006, 02:08
Final scene in Soul Reaver 2 is the best for me! Since "I renounce you..." till "History abhors a paradox" ;)

Raziel'sRevenge
2nd May 2006, 02:45
The best scene is in BO1 when he cuts off Moebius's head. God whenever I'm feeling down I can watch that and I'm just happy!

The best line is also in BO1 and it's by Kain, when he's talking about how the murals depicted a twisted and horrible fate or something like that. It sounds like he's talking about the abyss and burning in it...

FearGhoul
2nd May 2006, 02:56
"I'll cut you from crotch to gizzard and feed what's left to your brides!"
I've always liked that one. I'm not sure which is my favorite though.

moseschrist
2nd May 2006, 07:44
though one...
hard to choose between final sr2 scene or raziels sacrifice scene in defiance...
or maybe even the sr1 intro, always been a fan of it, but thats more on a technical scale...

goblin981
2nd May 2006, 09:12
I should kill you now.
Perhaps you should Raziel, but you don't. That honor belongs to your benefactor Kain, some 30 years from now.
You two are a pair, your just as fatalistic as he is.

TBS
2nd May 2006, 11:46
The best scene is in BO1 when he cuts off Moebius's head. God whenever I'm feeling down I can watch that and I'm just happy!

that was going to be my choice too - for those who havent played BO the following takes place after Mobius' boss fight in an FMV:

Kain: Ironic. By going back in time, and altering the past, you turned William the Just into the Nemesis.

Moebius: Aye - you have seen my plan, vampire, as I have seen your destiny. The future says you die!

Kain: But I am dead...

*decapitates Mobius with a single swing of his sword*

Kain: As are you.

*walks away, leaving Mobius' headless body seeping blood onto the ground*

Its a classic LoK moment.

Vampmaster
2nd May 2006, 13:12
Kain: "Consience? You dare speak to me of conscience?! Your life span is a flicker compared to the mass of doubt and regret I have borne since Mortanius first turned me from the light! Only when you have felt the true gravity of choice do you dare question my judgement!"

The DarkOne
2nd May 2006, 14:54
There are so many scenes and lines in LOK so I'll arrange my favourite in order of games:

Scenes:

BO1:
Kain's transformation
Moebius' death

SR1
Intro

SR2
None. (maybe first part of intro when Kain fights raz, but not really)

BO2
When Kain kills HL
The SR2 trailer. (This one is not exactly IN the game but whatever)

Defiance
I LOVE ALL THE CUTSCENES especially when kain and raz fight and when raz sacrifices himself to the reaver and of course the ending

Favourite line:

I don't really have a favourite line but if i did it'll probably be in BO1

Anoobish
2nd May 2006, 15:22
In Soul Reaver 2. The coin metaphor. Brilliant :)

aquarius_varun
2nd May 2006, 22:18
My best is probably the final part...I love the part when kain stabs mobeus and the freakin ending...WOW...I love the part ......"raziel....no!! its alright......this is how its supposed to be".....WOW.....I love the final cutscene.....gave me a tear..:rolleyes:

HATS OFF EIDOS.....HATS OFF CRYSTAL DYNAMICS....I LOVE LOK!! :D

fav quotes::

Kain
I always was considered heartless. And now, Moebius, it is time.

Raziel
All the conflict and strife throughout history, all the fear and hatred, served but one purpose - to keep my master's Wheel turning. All souls were prisoners, trapped in the pointless round of existence, leading distracted, blunted lives until death returned them - always in ignorance - to the Wheel.

Raziel
It was then I knew what I had to do. I alone could end this.

THE BEST::::

Raziel
The two become one - both Soul Reavers - together - and the Scion of Balance is healed. And I -- am not your enemy - not your destroyer - I am, as before, your right hand. Your sword.

DjChrisGeo
3rd May 2006, 01:22
Kain: "Consience? You dare speak to me of conscience?! Your life span is a flicker compared to the mass of doubt and regret I have borne since Mortanius first turned me from the light! Only when you have felt the true gravity of choice do you dare question my judgement!"

dude.. that is my favorite too. The way he delivers that line is incredible!

how about his one...

"...deemed impossible for any man to penetrate. muhahahaha.. Impossible for any man"

Only after you've done four previous games as Kain can you deliver that line with the confidence, energy and shall we say.. arrogance that Simon does.

How about "From this moment and ever afterward, you and this blade are inexpicably bound. Soul Reaver and Reaver of Souls, your destinies are intertwined"

My least favorite.. the one that makes me cringe...

"Kain has it! It is in Kain!"

Vante
3rd May 2006, 06:32
My favourite all time scene is the SR1 intro.... I was blown away the 1st time i saw it ....

My favourite line, which makes alot of sense to me is during the SR2 intro when kain says "You think the sarafan were noble ? atroistic ? Muhaha .... Dont be simple..."
And its true nothing is that simple, thats why I have always loved LOK, because it mirrors our world in a very distinct way ....

The worst scene ....Thats a hard one, welll umm, let me think ...
Maybe the Murdock(is that his name ?) scene in SR1 from whom you get telekinetic attack, but just barely and maybe just because i am forced to choose one ....
The worst line, well i think i gotta agree with Dumah's wraith on that one
"my latest move..." it sorta sounds like something out of a kung fu movie, which doesent fit in with LOK ....

Vampmaster
4th May 2006, 17:34
He means more like in chess with that one.

Vante
5th May 2006, 05:23
He does but only when you look at it in the SR2 intro....
If you remember in SR this is where the final battle started ... So it sounds like he is refering to his new lightning move thing .....

Squint-eyed Sniper
5th May 2006, 12:21
Yay, I have quite a few....:

My favourite
"One must keep his friends close Raziel, and his enemies...even closer"

The one that makes me laugh a lot
Sarafan guards: "Surrender fiend and we'll promess you an easy death"
Kain: " I could tell you the same...but it would be a lie":lol:

"Oh no. Every time you turn up something monumental and terrible happens. I
don't think I have the stomach for it." :rolleyes:

The worse scene was when Janos was so easily thrown in to the hylden portal by HL...was so stupid...

dumah's wraith
5th May 2006, 23:08
Yep, great line. Do people actually like the moebius LINE or just the fact that he dies?

DemonicDC
6th May 2006, 13:54
Line is great aswell

Zyden
6th May 2006, 14:13
Probably in sr2 when raziel is talking to janos

Janos : Unholy, on. Messia, yes.
Raziel : I don't like that word.

Vampmaster
6th May 2006, 16:32
Probably in sr2 when raziel is talking to janos

Janos : Unholy, on. Messia, yes.
Raziel : I don't like that word.

It's "Unholy? No. Messiah, perhaps..."

Anoobish
6th May 2006, 17:48
"Oh no. Every time you turn up something monumental and terrible happens. I don't think I have the stomach for it."
HAHAH! Didn't remember that one! Really corny, but still funny :D

Zyden
6th May 2006, 22:12
:( woops:(

well sorry vampmaster you know what i mean.:(