PDA

View Full Version : Stuck

medo1983
1st May 2006, 13:55
i am stuck in the level where u r supposed to enter the cathedral.. there's this stupid tin can that u can disable for some amount of time using a scrambler but i do not know what to do to finish the damn level:mad2:

John Carter
1st May 2006, 21:09
Love to help you out, but the game isn't released over here yet. :)

chicagodave
2nd May 2006, 14:43
hey can you answer a few questions?

hows the online? how many players? is it just co-op or is there other game modes?

ive tried looking at previews for the game and they dont really answer those questions.

MacGonzo
13th May 2006, 01:56
In answer to the question medo1983, you need to snipe the sniper dude who is at the top of the cathederal.
The online game is pure co-op mode, and a lot of fun in my opinion, the different levels have different objectives including having to defend a npc GI, for a set amount of time against waves of Norts. Much fun.

georogue
27th May 2006, 18:56
hey can you answer a few questions?

hows the online? how many players? is it just co-op or is there other game modes?

ive tried looking at previews for the game and they dont really answer those questions.I can speak to the PC version online (I'm in USA).

The online is strictly co-op, for 4 players. There are only about 5 maps I think (I might be off by 1). They're pretty huge though and pretty fun.

Some are "defender so and so" from incoming waves, which includes those drill machine transports coming out of the ground, air transports dropping things in from above etc. Others are more "reach the end of the map before you run out of lives" or time.

Here's a glimpse of the MP set up screen (I hope it's OK to post images here? :)):
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/corporalgeo/roguetrooper/rogueMPscreen2.jpg

I love how it plays (I don't think I've played a third person game like this online since Heretic II almost a decade ago), it could just use a few more maps, and maybe another specific mode or 2.

You can join a game in progress. You can just host a game and play by yourself against the AI if you want -- to some extent it's more exciting that way than the single player campaign, if a little bit pointless.:rolleyes:

The game just hit stores here in US a couple days ago, so I wouldn't expect a lot of other US players for a while. I'm usually in games in the "English" server "channel." The game browser even supports basic text chat though nobody else seems to notice this. :)

I have played a lot of it online last night and today. There are only a handful of us playing, but we have a good time. Look for Geo (me) and D_nl (A Dutch guy who is hosting a lot). Make sure to use a headset if you got it. It's "voice activated" so there's no key to press -- just talk. :) I still find it bizarre there appears to be no text chat key in the game (the options even have a "profanity filter," which I assume would be for text chat). :scratch:

Chakra
27th May 2006, 22:41
Back to his question, just shoot the sodding thing. Even after so many sniper rounds the thing'll keel over. Otherwise, use mortar's or lock on with the sammy.