PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

The Reaver Blade
30th Apr 2006, 22:32
These questions have been bugging me of late. Could any of you guys shed some light on them for me.

Thanks.:)

What is the significance of the reaver convergement at the beggining of soul reaver 2? Why did it have to happen? Did it have to happen to affect Raziel's destiny? Was the reaver turned into two of Raziels souls after this event?

Why did the reaver help ressurect Janos in Defiance?

What are your views on why Kain ordered Raziel into the Abyss?

garbagefanuk
30th Apr 2006, 23:54
What is the significance of the reaver convergement at the beggining of soul reaver 2? Why did it have to happen? Did it have to happen to affect Raziel's destiny? Was the reaver turned into two of Raziels souls after this event?

1) I think you've misunderstood the scene. When Raziel first comes upon the Reaver and you see the warping it's simply becasue theres a Temporal Paradox occuring. Raziel's soul is both in and outside of the Soul Reaver at the same time. In effect Raziel is in 2 places at once. The convergment of the Wraith Blade and the Soul Reaver is because it's trying to become one soul again. When he picks up the Reaver and the Wraith blade wraps around the Soul Reaver, Raziels souls (WB and SR ones) become aware. Thats it. Nothing was effected besides the Wraith blade woke up.

2) The Reaver didn't effect Janos in Defiance. Raziel puts the Heart of Darkness back in Janos and it's just a delayed reaction. Looks like a little of Raziel's soul was used. Not the blade.

3) Kain explain's why he ordered Raziel into the abyss at the end of Defiance. 2 reasons

i. It was Raziel's destiny
ii. Kain was trying for a new throw at the fates. He has been studying the chronoplast for years and think's he's finally found a loop hole in his destiny through Raziel. Raziel is destined to be thrown into the abyss. That's his fate, but it doesn't mean what happens after it can't be altered.