PDA

View Full Version : No Imperial Glory 2 or Expansion pack

hardyea
30th Apr 2006, 17:30
I looked at Tafn Forums and I seen from Officerpuppy that there will be no Imperial Glory 2 or Expansion pack! Makes me mad :mad2:

Neal-UK
30th Apr 2006, 18:39
:thumbsup: That is what i've just registered for to see if there is a new version coming out. This is by far the best game I have ever played.

I play it at least 2 times a week since I purchased it when it first came out in the UK (Then I played it each day!). I have no other games installed on my machine now other than this one.

A second version including America and other continents would be great. Or perhaps one about the Independance War between Britain and America would be another good option, plenty of states to take over......

So what's the news admin?

Mike_B
30th Apr 2006, 19:25
I looked at Tafn Forums and I seen from Officerpuppy that there will be no Imperial Glory 2 or Expansion pack! Makes me mad :mad2:

Well we still have no official word on this :)

Hopefully we'll find out some more after E3.

officerpuppy
30th Apr 2006, 22:17
Who's this officerpuppy everyone talks about? He's all over the place around here. And whats this I hear about no IG2? Well, @m is right, the news is unofficial at best so we just have to wait and see.

Is OP somebody that works with Eidos or something? I never heard of him before, who is he? :scratch:

hardyea
1st May 2006, 01:25
Well, Hes has a web site with the E3 thing from gamespy, http://www.gamespy.com/articles/703/703245p1.html Look at that and it shows you the things going to on the E3 list. Look under Eidous Interactive. This is what it shows.

Eidos Interactive:

Hitman: Blood Money (PC, PS2, Xbox, X360)
Just Cause (PC, PS2, Xbox, X360)
Rogue Trooper (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (PS2, Xbox)

Thats IT! So it looks like there will be nothing. This is what Officerpuppy wrote:

Well, it seems there will not be an IG2 or an expansion pack. Gamespy has released a list of all the games featured at this years E3, the article further states that there are some games they were not allowed to publish the title of and unless Eidos decides to keep a new IG game under wraps for whatever reason, it seems that our beloved IG will not see a new life after all.

So, what now? :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Neal-UK
1st May 2006, 02:28
Well that is a shame. Looks like i'll be dressing up as a redcoat and sailing to America in my bath. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :scratch: :mad2: :scratch:

jlgx50
11th May 2006, 08:20
so yes or no will there be an inperial glory 2 out this year

sigge
13th May 2006, 08:43

Maybe if you read the messages on this thread, you'll find out

FlyByU
15th Jun 2006, 04:30

Or even a American Civil War with this style of play.:D

Neal-UK
15th Jun 2006, 09:29
Or even a American Civil War with this style of play.:D

Now that would be a great idea. Would love a game like that.

Come on Eidos, get this in the planning!

baladure
28th Jun 2006, 16:59
everyones like yea american civil war but what about the english civil war. much more fun.

theenglishdude
30th Jun 2006, 18:35
Hmmmmmm either genre you get to crush the birth of a republic under your leather riding boot heel.

Its a win-win situation:D

More seriously though, Civil Wars can suck due to the only two sides thing but infact American war of independance could work very well!

Colonials, French, English, Spanish and Natives(?) Dont know how the natives could be implemented but it would also largely be a war of infantery as cavalry wernt exactly prominant o'er in America

For the first time in my life ive admitted to backing an american napoleonic era war game, except one game I did want to buy but they stopped making it, there was a free demo with pharoah but I forget the name

danielches
1st Jul 2006, 04:57
yeah,
come on,
anotehr Imperial Glory Game would be great!
IG2 could include rest of the world, and colinies etc,

A US war of indipendece would also be great,
or maybe a US civil war,
but one where the UK, and France can join in on the side of the CSA,
so it could be like an alternate history!

Come on Edios, IG is a great game,
and you guys seem to just be ignoring all the fans!

Also, a little bit off topic,
but does the add a fansite form actually contact anyone!
cause i have made a IG fansite: http://www.ig.reddingogames.liway.com/
and have filled in the new fansite form have a million times,
and you guys never stick my site on the page, or even botehr replying to me!

Sir Crow
8th Jul 2006, 23:24
How about a IG2 that plays well? I would rather keep it Napoleonic as in Europe but the 1812 war could be included and think what fun it would be burning the Whitehouse down? LOL. Also the English Civil War was so much than just Cavaliers and Roundheads. There were some Germans and other Europeans albeit not that many but then there were Scots for and against, Welsh and of course the Irish. Loads of factions. If it was down to me though I would have IGS as a European Napoleonic game but better, with the Nile, Trafalgar, Copenhagen on the sea and the Peninsular and Russian Campaigns on land as well as what is there at the moment. And perhaps the 1812 war could be included as a historical battle as can the two English Civil Wars (thats right there was two in the same period). And the Crimean war would be interesting.

Ninurta
9th Jul 2006, 00:32
I might add that being able to play all the other 'neutral' factions (regardless of the obvious difficulty) would be fun- in specific i have always wanted to play IG with Spain, the Ottoman Empire, and Denmark. A feature like the on in R:TW where you can add them yourself in a text file would be cool. And a bit more variations of troop types, too.

WARLORD1863
30th Jul 2006, 21:31
:thumbsup: That is what i've just registered for to see if there is a new version coming out. This is by far the best game I have ever played.

I play it at least 2 times a week since I purchased it when it first came out in the UK (Then I played it each day!). I have no other games installed on my machine now other than this one.

A second version including America and other continents would be great. Or perhaps one about the Independance War between Britain and America would be another good option, plenty of states to take over......

So what's the news admin?

What a lot of us here in America want to see is an American Civil War version of the game Imperial Glory. Sid Meiers did a good job with this Gettysburg and Antietam games, but the current games look out-of-date. An American Civil War game with the Imperial Glory engine would sell like crazy in America, but I guess it wouldn't do so well in Europe.

American Civil War had over 600,000 dead, and three times as many were wounded. There were elite units such as Stonewall Jackson's brigade, as well as the Iron Brigade on the union side. Battles were fought all over America, including the west where Union troops from California fought Confederate troops from Texas.

The war has been dubbed by many historians as the first "modern" war, for its mass use of the railroad for fast transportation, adoption of trench warfare late in the war, first use of a machine gun (several gattling guns were used by the Union at Petersburg to devastating effect), first use of repeating rifles in war, and the first use of a rotating turret on a steel ship along with the first successful combat use of a submarine. All while still using napoleonic methods of warfare, with the long firing lines marching shoulder to shoulder.

Again, I'm sure Europe would like to see a game that their country is part of and I understand. But I'm telling you guys, this would sell very well over here in the states.

FlyByU
30th Jul 2006, 22:00
How about a IG2 that plays well? I would rather keep it Napoleonic as in Europe but the 1812 war could be included and think what fun it would be burning the Whitehouse down? LOL.

Or being the South in the Civil War and kicking Federal Butt:D

Do I hear Dixie:whistle:

hardyea
17th Aug 2006, 02:12
I think, the whole world, playing as a main super power. America with its war with Britian and The Civil war! The with Great Britian trying to take over the known world. The Chinese with the Box Revoltion. Japan with World war 2. Like that. Get Going, IG is a great game not to have a sequal to it!

Queeg
25th Aug 2006, 03:44
Unfortunately, you guys are wasting your breath. IG is dead, the victim of developer indifference. Coulda been a great game, if only the people who made it cared about it.

FlyByU
25th Aug 2006, 14:49
The most Unfortunate part about the game is that the files are all in Spanish.
If they had been in English there would have been more mods of great significance. Point being English mod makers would have had IG dissected and even the exe file would have been open to the fans, but me no speak Spanish, and nether do most of the fans that played this game.

I myself have decided never to buy another game from Europe unless the files are in English. So yes they have lost a costumer because of Spanish files.

Neal-UK
25th Oct 2006, 17:45
I think, the whole world, playing as a main super power. America with its war with Britian and The Civil war! The with Great Britian trying to take over the known world. The Chinese with the Box Revoltion. Japan with World war 2. Like that. Get Going, IG is a great game not to have a sequal to it!

That sounds good, or something based on WW1 and WW2 and even now or the Cold War, but laid out in a similar format.

Neal-UK
25th Oct 2006, 17:46
What a lot of us here in America want to see is an American Civil War version of the game Imperial Glory. Sid Meiers did a good job with this Gettysburg and Antietam games, but the current games look out-of-date. An American Civil War game with the Imperial Glory engine would sell like crazy in America, but I guess it wouldn't do so well in Europe.

American Civil War had over 600,000 dead, and three times as many were wounded. There were elite units such as Stonewall Jackson's brigade, as well as the Iron Brigade on the union side. Battles were fought all over America, including the west where Union troops from California fought Confederate troops from Texas.

The war has been dubbed by many historians as the first "modern" war, for its mass use of the railroad for fast transportation, adoption of trench warfare late in the war, first use of a machine gun (several gattling guns were used by the Union at Petersburg to devastating effect), first use of repeating rifles in war, and the first use of a rotating turret on a steel ship along with the first successful combat use of a submarine. All while still using napoleonic methods of warfare, with the long firing lines marching shoulder to shoulder.

Again, I'm sure Europe would like to see a game that their country is part of and I understand. But I'm telling you guys, this would sell very well over here in the states.

But it would do well in Europe, I remember the game North v South for the good old Amiga back in my day, and it did well.

PinCushion
25th Oct 2006, 18:31
All of these are beutiful ideas. I too would like to see a civil war era version and all of the ideas posted would be nice to see, unfortunately since pyro is no longer I doubt we'll see much if it's not made by modders.

So there ya go! MODDERS, start your engines!:lol:

Mike_B
25th Oct 2006, 18:58
unfortunately since pyro is no longer I doubt we'll see much if it's not made by modders.

Are you saying that Pyro closed down or.. just nothing in the IG pipeline :scratch:

Shmig7
26th Nov 2006, 03:42
What about Legend o' Zelda! HAHA! Ganons minions versus elves!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: