PDA

View Full Version : Most Difficult Boss?

winston
28th Apr 2006, 21:18
What was the most difficult boss, in your opinion?

For me it was the spider dude at the end of TR3- never again do i want to go through that!!

Sophia Leigh
29th Apr 2006, 00:15
I completely agree with you winston, it took me a very long time to beat Willard!

Rose662
29th Apr 2006, 03:19
I'll let you know as soon as I finish AOD. If this poll is still here, that is.

uzigirl
29th Apr 2006, 10:03
TR 3 boss for me too, that was hard.

Kind of makes you want to play it again too. :whistle:

Jack_Cade
29th Apr 2006, 12:59
Hard to say.

AOD's Boaz was the one that infuriated me the most. Not because the boss itself was supremely hard, but because the battle system was so unresponsive. I can't believe you have to put your gun away to actually turn away from it and run (I found pressing right or left with the gun out just made Kurtis step diagonally forwards, right into its jaws!)

Johnny
29th Apr 2006, 19:15
Boaz for me. That was probably the most frustrating moment for me in Tomb Raider. :mad2:

winston
29th Apr 2006, 20:28
Well yes i admit i got my dad to do that bit for me :rolleyes:

killer-electro #1 TR fan
7th May 2006, 09:01
i finished all TRs including Legend but still can't get dam TR4! So i actually ranked natla egg and ms. natla.

i no it's weird but... there was such a small area on last boss! it was impossible to dodge!

hagatha
8th May 2006, 04:03
Boaz - simply because the controls were so weird I gave up on the game. I'm afraid AOD was not my favourite TR experience.

I'm playing Last Revelation for the first time since it originally came out, and I can't actually remember any of the Big Bosses, so I could be in for a nasty surprise....

Johnny
13th May 2006, 02:43
I'm playing Last Revelation for the first time since it originally came out, and I can't actually remember any of the Big Bosses, so I could be in for a nasty surprise....

Most of the main bosses in the Last Revelation can't be killed. You just have to avoid their attacks. You won't be disappointed with the game. It was the best in the series IMO. ;)

Salazar
16th May 2006, 04:44
I don't think any of the bosses are really that hard. With Boaz, all you need to do is have your back right up against the wall and keep shooting and you can get practically no damage. Works every time. :)

If I had to pick one, it would be Dr. Willard. The Playstation version is fine but the controls on PC are a little ackward when it comes to running and shooting on such a narrow path. You also had to be careful to not cross the white line on each walkway leading to the four artifacts too early or he would shoot that instant death green fireball thingy. Other than that everyone else is just a matter of jumping and shooting.

SethKoopa
4th Jun 2006, 02:32
What do you mean by Horus? Don't you mean Set? Or do you mean those guards in the Last revelation, in the pyramid and the maze? (Dragon for me, took me the most tries to beat him.)

winston
5th Jun 2006, 20:43
I mean Horus :D at the end, when Lara awakens him and has to get out of the chamber and seal him in with the amulet.

SethKoopa
5th Jun 2006, 20:46
**** You're confusing things. Horus explodes in the video. It's Set, the evil one, the one Lara's trying to imprison throughout the course of the Last revelation, whom she must imprison. You've got it mixed up.

Sounds to me like you didn't actually play the game. Lara collects the armour of Horus in the game, to place on his statue, so that he'll be reanimated and can battle Set, whom Lara accidentally set free by removing the amulet of Horus. Set is the one with the long snout. Horus is the one who looks like a falcon. You need to fix this poll. 'Cause I find Set to be a very challenging boss indeed.

winston
5th Jun 2006, 20:52
I have played this game!!! I have completed it 4 times!****

Anyway i always thought it was Horus at the end who she put the armour onto then had to escape from, but maybe i am wrong....

SethKoopa
5th Jun 2006, 21:33
Okay; I'm sorry.:( But it is Set she is fighting at the end, not Horus. It's Set who appears from the fire, and it is Set whom she was trying to imprison. According to legend, Lara needed the help of Horus to do this, as I'm sure you're aware from having played the Last revelation that often. Isn't Seth, throughout the course of the game, titled "ruler of evil", "the bringer of plagues" and such? Horus is the good guy. Somehow, the ceremony simply went wrong, so Horus wasn't reanimated, and Lara was forced to imprison Set herself.

Sophia Leigh
5th Jun 2006, 23:57
Okay; I'm sorry.:( But it is Set she is fighting at the end, not Horus. It's Set who appears from the fire, and it is Set whom she was trying to imprison. According to legend, Lara needed the help of Horus to do this, as I'm sure you're aware from having played the Last revelation that often. Isn't Seth, throughout the course of the game, titled "ruler of evil", "the bringer of plagues" and such? Horus is the good guy. Somehow, the ceremony simply went wrong, so Horus wasn't reanimated, and Lara was forced to imprison Set herself.
Its an easy mistake to make considering the last level is called the Temple of Horus and the artifact you're looking for in the last level is the Amulet of Horus. Also I've completed the Last Revelation twice but the game was soooo long and although I could tell you where Lara went and what she did, I wouldn't be able to tell you who was who unless I looked it up or unless I had played it again very recently.

winston
6th Jun 2006, 09:51
I am sorry too.
I knew Horus was the good guy and got the two of them confused at the end!

Mum is right- the fact that it is called Temple of Horus is very misleading.

SethKoopa
6th Jun 2006, 11:28
Okay. I just wanted to help.:) Now, this is just me, and I don't mean anything by this, but I find it funny that with a strong storyline such as the Last revelation's, these story elements could mix up in one's head. The stress was so obvious to me that I never confused anything. Maybe there are a few factors: the dialogue (particularly in the FMVs) is, in my opinion, not well written enough to clear out the storyline, as they're supposed to do. The FMVs are awesome, though; especially the ceremony one. But I only ever wondered, and still wonder, this - what about the ceremonial tablet?:scratch: