PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy?

winston
28th Apr 2006, 20:49
I think i read somewhere that AOD was going to be the first of a trilogy of games. Is this true? Coz it seems to me (from reading another post) that Legend has nothing to do with AOD so the trilogy idea doesnt fit!

Any ideas?

Poohzhunny
28th Apr 2006, 21:27
Hi Winston,
You are right, AOD was supposed to be a trilogy, for which all three acts were already written. It seems, however, and this is only supposition on my part, that AOD did so poorly Eidos not only took the series away from Core (Crystal Dynamics is now handling the series), but cancelled the series altogether.
I sincerely hope that I am mistaken, but it doesn't feel like it after finishing Legend. They simply starting brand new, which is a tad frustrating. It would be nice if at least they release the script of the AOD series somewhere on their website so we could know what was meant to happen...
Hope this answered your question, as unsatisfying an answer as it may be. :scratch:

winston
28th Apr 2006, 22:44
No thats a good answer, clears some things up for me. Thats a shame they might not be continuing with the story. I mean, i admit AOD had glitches but underneath it all it was a good game (i think at least). I agree, it would be interesting to see where they were going to go with it.

star girl
29th Apr 2006, 10:44
No thats a good answer, clears some things up for me. Thats a shame they might not be continuing with the story. I mean, i admit AOD had glitches but underneath it all it was a good game (i think at least). I agree, it would be interesting to see where they were going to go with it.

Many people loved AOD, myself included, but well... they just abandoned the script and you it hurts... I wanted to see what became of it... BAWLL!!!!
That was a stupid decision I think... :mad2: