PDA

View Full Version : windowed mode

jamjam
25th Apr 2006, 16:33
any way of getting this game to run in a window? or preferably a fullscreen window? i have a dual monitor setup and when i'm playing WoW or vampire:bloodlines i find it really useful to use their windowed mode options to use other programs at the same time. so if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it! :D thanks in advance

Titus
25th Apr 2006, 17:15
I don't think you can set it to windowed, but I could be wrong. I don't have any problem using alt+tab to go back to desktop. I never get any crashes or lag. This game runs very smooth.

Vampire:bloodlines is a great game.

What is WoW?

coachiola
25th Apr 2006, 17:21
I don't think you can set it to windowed, but I could be wrong. I don't have any problem using alt+tab to go back to desktop. I never get any crashes or lag. This game runs very smooth.

Vampire:bloodlines is a great game.

What is WoW?

World of Warcraft

jamjam
25th Apr 2006, 17:52
true, thankfully my pc is man enough to have no problems or lag, but i still find it more useful to have things windowed - that way i could keep an eye on lara so she doesnt get shot or watch a cut-scene while i do something else.

perhaps if it hasnt been implemented some wonderful talented programmer would like to make a patch for ppl like me! </beg>... ! thats what happened with WoW initially, then it was added to the game afterwards

as for vampire and warcraft they're both great games :D i spend too much of my life on them as it is.... now i have legends which is fantastic... however will i pass my degree?? :P

Titus
25th Apr 2006, 20:16
but i still find it more useful to have things windowed - that way i could keep an eye on lara so she doesnt get shot
When I alt+tab, my game automatically goes into pause so there is no way Lara can get killed.

idimmu
9th May 2006, 18:58
I have a large wide screen monitor and like to play my games at 800x600 in windowed mode on one side whilst other things go on in the other half but I can't seem to find any way to make Legend run in a window.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can do this? It seems like an extremely simple feature to leave out and pretty much all other games can do this..

Jurjen
9th May 2006, 19:31
Is it common these days for PC games to allow you to play in a window? Didn't think it was, but I haven't really been keeping track lately...

idimmu
9th May 2006, 20:17
Is it common these days for PC games to allow you to play in a window? Didn't think it was, but I haven't really been keeping track lately...

It's the only one I've bought recently that doesnt. Oblivion, Quake 4, Doom 3, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War, Eve, Civilization 4 all support windowed mode (coincidently that's a list of all the games I currently have installed at the moment!)

I think the last game I bought that didn't have a windowed mode was Baldur's Gate...

And from a coding perspective it's not that much extra work to implement.