PDA

View Full Version : activating cheats???

OuTR
24th Apr 2006, 17:14
I posted this in the other part of this forum but I guess ill give the tech forum a shot. I'm playing the pc version of trl but no matter how many times I try backspace and a # I can't activate any cheats after I've unlocked them via time trials. I've tried both the #pad and the #s over the letters. Nothing works and its very frustrating. Anyone know what can be the cause of this? I have a regular keyboard. Eidos please help ..sigh.. Thanks.

OuTR
25th Apr 2006, 17:41
Anybody? lol. Ah well, just my luck to be the only one with this prob.

D.H1cks
25th Apr 2006, 17:56
Did you finish the game and get all the secret items? I think you have to do that before the cheats are available.

OuTR
26th Apr 2006, 02:53
I see the problem now, its my keyboard. i switched keyboards with my sister and now the cheats work with no problem. weird part is that my backspace and all the numbers work perfectly so i'm not sure y a different keyboard works. to anyone who has had problems with cheats, if you can, exchange for a different keyboard, that should fix the problem.
ps: anyone know eidos support email address?

Leak
26th Apr 2006, 06:42
I see the problem now, its my keyboard. i switched keyboards with my sister and now the cheats work with no problem. weird part is that my backspace and all the numbers work perfectly so i'm not sure y a different keyboard works.
The problem is the way keyboards work - you can only press a few keys at the same time, and the combinations that work are different from model to model.

See here for more info. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_keyboard#Games)