PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to buy another copy of FF14?

funkykafka
16th Sep 2013, 17:43
I bought the original FF14 but it was unplayable. Do I have to buy another copy of the game when it is available digitally?

Or can I just update the existing digital copy?

I tried to re-install the old copy I got through Gamestop but kept getting a message saying that that version of the game was no longer available.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

TheRealKraggy
17th Sep 2013, 07:21
I assume you registered and played V1 (based on your 'unplayable' comment), in which case you can indeed simply download and play though you may not get the free game time SE handed out on launch, you'd have to check your Mog Station details for that.

This is the download page: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

Lodestone is down ATM so while that link seems to work if the download fails then you'll probably have to wait for the site to come back up.

funkykafka
17th Sep 2013, 10:39
Thanks, but I wound up buying the game since I couldn't find out.

The problem I have now is I can't register the game. I go to that registration page in my account & I'm given 2 options to register a game: to put in either a code with 2 sets of 6 letters & 3 numbers, or a code with one set of 8 letters & one set of 4 numbers. The problem is that the product code I was given is a 20 digit product code broken into five 4 letter/number combinations. So I can play the game just fine, but according to my Square Enix account I not only don't have a subscription to this game, I don't even own it.

Marmatag
18th Sep 2013, 02:03
So, I activated FFXIV over a year ago, before the Sept. 2012 date they mentioned, and I cannot login after downloading the Realm Reborn Download Client.

When I put in my FFXIV cd key it says already registered. I can't get past that screen.

Help?