PDA

View Full Version : Patch Problem

OrangeHeart
23rd Apr 2006, 22:31
Well since your ghetto forum has no search option… If this question was answered already I’m sorry.

I get this error after in install the patch 1.1

No disk inserted

Please insert the original "tombrRadier7" cd/dvd
Please have a look at httP://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further information, more detailed information.

I purchased and downloaded my game from fileplanet. Therefore I do not have a disk for the drive to read. So the question is how do I get this patch to work if i don't have a cd/dvd disk that i use to run the game?:mad: :mad: :mad:

Nightmist
23rd Apr 2006, 22:35
But the ghetto forum does have a search option, as you may have noticed AFTER you registered.

Now... it seems that you have to revert back to unpatched version of the game since the patch didn't think about playing the game without a CD it seems. I know of a way to ignore Securom, but I don't think it's wise to post it here...

OrangeHeart
23rd Apr 2006, 22:40
Oh, sorry

Well hit me up in the pm thing, because this problem is driving me crazy. I don’t feel like reinstalling this thing.

baylisst
24th Apr 2006, 06:10
you'll need to if you don't want to bypass it. the D2D games can only be patched with special patches fileplanet/gamespy/ign release specially. a list is here (http://www.direct2drive.com/patches/index.aspx). it's pretty small, they don't seem to bother much

Leak
24th Apr 2006, 06:42
Well since your ghetto forum has no search option… If this question was answered already I’m sorry.

I get this error after in install the patch 1.1
Well, since the US DVDs already shipped patched to 1.1 - are you sure they didn't do the same with the Direct2Drive version? What version does the unpatched game report in the lower right edge of the main menu?

(And, as it is, you can't use the "normal" patches for D2D versions...)

Montresor
26th Apr 2006, 10:01
I have the D2D version and it is 1.1.

Tried modding some files to get some new skins... all of the skin files were different from the retail DVD version. Joy, punished again.

Last time I purchase from D2D or Eidos.

daisho
26th Apr 2006, 21:45
You should know that you can't use common patches on games without cd. It's the same as ATI bonus games on graphic cards...

Jurjen
27th Apr 2006, 09:10
I believe early D2D versions where version 1.0, and later versions 1.1.