PDA

View Full Version : Eidos says they are working on it...

JunoJIm
23rd Apr 2006, 16:53
I sent in a complaint to Eidos support, and they said they are aware of the sound problem (for some users) and are working on a solution...

Silent Shark
23rd Apr 2006, 19:30
That's good news.

Hopefully other changes wont slow them down too much in releasing a new patch.

Sl4d3
23rd Apr 2006, 19:56
Hope they will release it fast, this problem is really annoying !

Abraxus
23rd Apr 2006, 19:56
That's good news.

Hopefully other changes wont slow them down too much in releasing a new patch.

You mean "fixes" :p

Jumpin_Jebus
24th Apr 2006, 18:59
Something to try...From speaking with some customers using Sound Blaster Live and Audigy cards, this appears to fix the sound issue. First start up Tomb Raider Legend and get to the main menu. Then Hold ALT and press TAB to minimize the game and return to the desktop. Next press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Windows Task Manager. Click on the Processes tab and fine "trl.exe" in the list. Right click on it, left click on "Set Priority", and set it to Normal. Then close the Task manager and bring the game back up. If all goes well you should be able to play without sound issues. :thumbsup:

Let me know if this works for ya'll.

~JJ

trueoneguy
25th Apr 2006, 12:06
Hey,

Your suggestion about setting priorities in the task manager has corrected most of the sound, but im stick getting some clicking on the sound. I unfortunately have a sound blaster live 24 bit card. Any ideas when a patch will come out?

JunoJIm
26th Apr 2006, 00:57
Mine was already at Normal, so I tried one higher - still no change...

jgxenite
26th Apr 2006, 09:30
Hi all,

I think it was mentioned in one of the other posts (though I don't remember which one) that to remove clicking and sound problems, you need to disable hardware acceleration on your audio card. If you search around, you should find the other post referencing this.

Regarding a patch, it would be nice if Eidos/CD would release a patch to fix the high priority problem (as well as the other ones people have mentioned).

James

Montresor
26th Apr 2006, 09:56
Sound problem?

Pffft... What about the HUGE graphical problems that actually happen on hardware that was made this century. :scratch:

noxdg
26th Apr 2006, 11:50
Hi all,

I think it was mentioned in one of the other posts (though I don't remember which one) that to remove clicking and sound problems, you need to disable hardware acceleration on your audio card.

Actually it was in Eido's very own First Aid thread.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=57677

And I agree with Montresor. I hope they are working on the graphical problems as well.

Hammerman
30th Apr 2006, 23:09
Hi all,

I think it was mentioned in one of the other posts (though I don't remember which one) that to remove clicking and sound problems, you need to disable hardware acceleration on your audio card. If you search around, you should find the other post referencing this.

Regarding a patch, it would be nice if Eidos/CD would release a patch to fix the high priority problem (as well as the other ones people have mentioned).

James

In the DxDiag.exe under sound I turned the ecceleration down to off and that seemed to help the bad sound. It didn't totaly eliminate all the noise but a lot of it. The game is more playable now.:) TKS

Sam Fisher
1st May 2006, 07:33
yes,but once done this it works for 20-30 minutes or more and then it starts again and you need to restart the game