PDA

View Full Version : Installation Issue.

Abraxus
23rd Apr 2006, 08:57
Howdy people. My girlfriend bought me the new Tomb Raider for my PC yesterday. I got it home, hammered it into my CD Tray and proceeded to install the game...So about 1/4 of the way thru the installation. Nod32 appears and goes "VIRUS WARNING YOU FOOL!" So thinking that it could just be Nod32 trying to be a tad over protective I turn it off and proceed to install without it...I mean, who needs anti-virus software anyways.

So this time, the install gets to half way and goes "Error: Could not install TRL.DAT" So I delete the old files, restart my machine and then install again...This time I get to less than an inch away from the installation completing when it appears again "Error: Could not install TRL.DAT"

So in retaliation, I decided that I was the bigger man and buggered off to bed. Now I've got work soon, but I'm really wanting to have a wee shot of this before I go.

Is this a known issue, do I have Scotland's only TRL that just won't work or what?

I know there's a patch for EU users, which I've downloaded and I'm yet to try. But if it won't fix things before the install, I don't know what I can do. Any ideas, suggestions or finger pointing to the right people so I can attack them with inflatable weaponry.

Cheers in advance.

Oh aye. Here are my system specs.

Dual Core AMD 4200+
1gig of CORSAIR RAM
7800GTX

Abraxus
23rd Apr 2006, 18:25
Nice to see lots of suggestions and technical support.

Abraxus
23rd Apr 2006, 19:00
Well here's some pictures...Hoping that someone'll see them and go "OooOOh, I know what's wrong with it!" And actually bother to help me. :D

So far so good.
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5720/sofarsogood4zf.jpg

OH NOES! Served by TRL!
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4862/served6ex.jpg

So, hopefully someone'll help.

Abraxus
23rd Apr 2006, 20:27
Ah well sod this for a game of Tomb Raider. I'm taking my copy back to the shop tomorrow, I'm going to tell the dude what's happening and I'm going to get my money back and then spend it on something good like beer or a game that works... Unlike Legend.

Leak
23rd Apr 2006, 22:05
Ah well sod this for a game of Tomb Raider. I'm taking my copy back to the shop tomorrow, I'm going to tell the dude what's happening and I'm going to get my money back and then spend it on something good like beer or a game that works... Unlike Legend.
Well, if you look closer at the TRL.dat file on the DVD you'll find it's the game's main executable - are sure you really killed off your file strangler, errr, virus scanner?

Sounds to me like it got a false positive and still denies access to the file...

np: Landesvatter - Raun. (Lax)

Abraxus
24th Apr 2006, 09:45
I'm pretty sure I did kill it off...Admitted I never checked it out in the task manager.

But the bit that got me was my younger brother tried it on his machine and he got a slightly different error in a slightly different place.

I'm going to attempt it again tonight and if it still doesn't work then I might just cry...Lots! :(

Cheers for replying though mate, tis appreciated.

Does anyone use Nod32 and have any bother?