PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Lost Artifact

winston
22nd Apr 2006, 21:20
Hi

Does anyone have this game?

Its a follow on from TR3. Ive seen it on the Legend website and ive been trying to get hold of it but can only find it for the PC!!

Just wondering what its like and if anyone knows where i can get a PS version :rolleyes:

thanks !

maniac44
22nd Apr 2006, 22:10
TR:The Lost Artifact was only made for the PC. Sorry.

Acceber
22nd Apr 2006, 23:22
And for Mac.

Strictly no consoles. ;)

Jewel
22nd Apr 2006, 23:55
LA was my favorite. I have it loaded all the time so I can play it any time I want.

winston
23rd Apr 2006, 08:44
Argh no fair! :D :p

Well i might look around, see if i can get me a cheap copy compatible for windows xp...

Now you're going to tell me that isnt possible :D

GeorgeMaciver
23rd Apr 2006, 13:48
The Lost Artefact runs on XP just fine. It's an exceptional game! You can find a series of screen shots for the six levels here:

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Skribblers/index.php?showforum=85

Good job Maniac, Phil and Rebecca! :thumbsup:

winston
23rd Apr 2006, 16:48
Wow thanks for the link :D Good to hear it works on xp!!

Im gonna check that out!!:cool:

Jewel
24th Apr 2006, 00:42
GeorgeMaciver said:
The Lost Artefact runs on XP just fine.That's just what I was about to say. :)

Old Fox
25th Apr 2006, 02:35
Just bought it today on Amazon for $10.00. Its the only one I haven't played.

Sophia Leigh
25th Apr 2006, 02:56
I absolutely loved the Lost Artifact, I really like Sophia Leigh's character (can you tell :o ) I also really liked the added touch of the Loch Ness Monster in the background.

Straw Dog
25th Apr 2006, 17:22
YAY! I just won my ebay bid for it and got it for $2.49! (including shipping comes to £6.57 english money)

Can't wait. I'm playing through TR3 and 4 again now and Lost Artifact is the only TR I've never played. Woo Hoo. Long live Ebay!

susan
25th Apr 2006, 17:36
YAY! I just won my ebay bid for it and got it for $2.49! (including shipping comes to £6.57 english money)

Can't wait. I'm playing through TR3 and 4 again now and Lost Artifact is the only TR I've never played. Woo Hoo. Long live Ebay!
Does the US PC stuff work OK on UK computers, it's not like the different DVD/PS2 things? I wouldn't mind picking up TR Gold and I never it see in the UK.

maniac44
25th Apr 2006, 17:46
Good job Maniac, Phil and Rebecca! :thumbsup:

Thanks, George. :D

Don't forgret to look for the Easter Eggs!!! ;) :D

GeorgeMaciver
25th Apr 2006, 18:34
Hey maniac, connect up on LinkedIn? ;)

Straw Dog
25th Apr 2006, 18:40
Does the US PC stuff work OK on UK computers, it's not like the different DVD/PS2 things? I wouldn't mind picking up TR Gold and I never it see in the UK.

Well, we'll soon find out. One thing I do know though is that I know more about computers than is seriously healthy so if there's a will, trust me, I'll find a way.

GeorgeMaciver
25th Apr 2006, 18:47
I just played The Lost Artifact again about 3 weeks ago. It's an outstanding game :)

Faye
25th Apr 2006, 19:14
It was more than just an added touch :)

You may already know this, but there is a secret somewhere in the Scottish levels which allows you to get a LOT closer to Nessie. If you don't about this, go to Stella's to have a look at where to find it.

Sophia Leigh
26th Apr 2006, 01:02

You may already know this, but there is a secret somewhere in the Scottish levels which allows you to get a LOT closer to Nessie. If you don't about this, go to Stella's to have a look at where to find it.

Thanks, I might just do that Faye, I didn't get all the secrets in the Lost Artifact, sounds like its worth it :)

Sophia Leigh
26th Apr 2006, 01:04
It sure does Susan, you can download TR1 gold levels and TR2 gold levels for free from www.tombraiderchronicles.com if you already have the normal TR1 and TR2 installed on your PC. I also got my copy of the Lost Artifact through Ebay all the way from USA :)

Faye
26th Apr 2006, 02:27
There are many big secrets in The Lost Artefact; it might be a good idea to follow the walkthrough step by step this time around, to make sure you get to see them all. :) That's what I did. I'd missed quite a few!

Rose662
26th Apr 2006, 05:12
Ah, good memories! :) The Lost Artifact was the first Tomb Raider I played back in 2000. :)

Yep, I found that secret, but I couldn't get Lara to it! :mad:

Sophia Leigh
26th Apr 2006, 05:16
There are many big secrets in The Lost Artefact; it might be a good idea to follow the walkthrough step by step this time around, to make sure you get to see them all. :) That's what I did. I'd missed quite a few!
I'll have to get a new printer cartridge first, I've been avoiding it for a while :D . I always play Tomb Raider first by myself but once I finish playing Legend, I'll take a visits to Stella's and print out the walkthrough, thanks for the suggestion :)

susan
26th Apr 2006, 13:16
It sure does Susan, you can download TR1 gold levels and TR2 gold levels for free from www.tombraiderchronicles.com if you already have the normal TR1 and TR2 installed on your PC. I also got my copy of the Lost Artifact through Ebay all the way from USA :)Ooh thanks Mum! I've often wondered as they seem to have loads of copies of TR Gold on Ebay in the US and none in the UK. Think I'll give it a go. :) :thumbsup:

The Lost Artifact I have already ordered from the UK because of all of you on here raving about it!! :D

winston
28th Apr 2006, 21:16
I've started a riot :D

Really want this game now, as well as the TR1 and TR2 gold games which i did not realised existed until the other day!!

And i call myself a fan!

star girl
29th Apr 2006, 10:52
And i call myself a fan!

*salutes* :lol:

winston
29th Apr 2006, 11:08
Well in my defence i played all the games on the PS and didnt get a PC till a year ago. (i know, a lame excuse, Lara would be ashamed of me!)

Jack_Cade
29th Apr 2006, 12:47
Hmm! Looks good.

Anyone know whether Eidos allow people to continue making games/levels for the early TR games? It seems there's the potential for fans to keep rolling out mini-adventures like this til the cows come home. Makes me long for the days where you could get a new Quake mod and a bundle of extra levels for Duke Nukem 3D every month with a PC magazine.

Straw Dog
30th Apr 2006, 00:31
Hmm! Looks good.

Anyone know whether Eidos allow people to continue making games/levels for the early TR games? It seems there's the potential for fans to keep rolling out mini-adventures like this til the cows come home. Makes me long for the days where you could get a new Quake mod and a bundle of extra levels for Duke Nukem 3D every month with a PC magazine.

Its got nothing to do with Eidos. The Tools were given away as part of the PC version of TR chronicles. Therefore if someone wants to make a mod/level/entirely new game/whatever, using the tools, they'll make one. They paid for the tools when they bought the PC version of Chronicles. Eidos made the decision to release them so its fair game, no-one needs permission from anyone else.