PDA

View Full Version : Movable Blocks - Collision

P. Phodes II
21st Apr 2006, 21:22
Hi!

I have some movable blocks puzzles in my level.
But the camera (Lara´s camera) goes inside the blocks (when you turn Lara´s back to them), sometimes ruining the puzzles because you can see what´s behind them.
is there a way to fix this collision problem?

Thanx.

dhama
21st Apr 2006, 21:29
Only by eliminating the close walls, maybe making the room bigger.... I'm afraid it really is a flaw in the TR4 engine.

MountainDewNut
21st Apr 2006, 23:36
The only solution I have for you is to put fixed cameras in places that won't ruin it.

P. Phodes II
23rd Apr 2006, 18:40
I see...
Well, I´m gpoing to try the fixed cameras, because all rooms are 1 square wide corridors...

Thanx!

dhama
24th Apr 2006, 12:56
There is another solution:

Put another room so that the camera can extend into it and texture the door with 'Toggle Opacity 1' so Lara can't enter the extra room, with the same texture you are using on the wall, but don't texture from the other side so the camera has some breathing space and can see into the original room/corridor.

GeorgeMaciver
24th Apr 2006, 18:15
What a brilliantly clever concept Dhama! :thumbsup:

P. Phodes II
28th Apr 2006, 04:20
Dhama, I didn´t get it right... :confused:

The puzzle runs in some small corridors, interconected in a maze-like fashion, so you have to push and pull blocks to find your way and other corridors. There´s no space for extra rooms around it...

I wonder why it works fine in TRII and TRIII...
Can we set collisions for this kind of movable?

Greetings.

Fábio.

dhama
28th Apr 2006, 07:43
You could of course put these extra 'camera' rooms above or below instead of at the side. I did this in my Cyberman level.

Driber
28th Apr 2006, 10:15
I wonder why it works fine in TRII and TRIII...

I think because it is simply a different object. All pushable objects in TR4 have "soft collision" where the camera can get through.

The block in TR3 is intended to walk on and thus acts like a solid cube as if you raised the floor by 4 clicks.

st_nick5
29th Jul 2006, 09:44
You could of course put these extra 'camera' rooms above or below instead of at the side. I did this in my Cyberman level.
what you mean just put extra rooms around the puzzle just for the camera and not to actually go into?

dhama
29th Jul 2006, 14:41
what you mean just put extra rooms around the puzzle just for the camera and not to actually go into?

Yes.

ggctuk
20th Sep 2006, 14:07
I think because it is simply a different object. All pushable objects in TR4 have "soft collision" where the camera can get through.

The block in TR3 is intended to walk on and thus acts like a solid cube as if you raised the floor by 4 clicks.

Isn't there a patch (for TREP) that someone can make to remedy the problem?