PDA

View Full Version : ATI Mobility M6 16MB card issue

Bigwelshmatt1976
21st Apr 2006, 17:07
Please can anyone tell me how to fix the problem that I have with my ATI Mobility M6 16MB card. The game was playing quite well but I decided to install the 1.1 patch. Since then the game keeps on crashing back to the desktop after booting up and going through the start up video sequence. Anyone able to help?

Matt

Jumpin_Jebus
21st Apr 2006, 17:30
Are you positive you were playing Tomb Raider Legend? The minimum spec card this game will run on is a 64 meg video card that supports Hardware TnL. To my knowledge the Mobility M6 does not support Hardware TnL. :confused:

~JJ

jimexbox
21st Apr 2006, 18:13
No its not April 1st.:eek:

Bigwelshmatt1976
22nd Apr 2006, 00:30
I promise that I was playing the demo and the real game with this graphics card. No **** de bull. I was as astonished as you that the game worked so I was very frustrated when the update put a spanner in the works.

Leak
22nd Apr 2006, 09:35
I promise that I was playing the demo and the real game with this graphics card. No **** de bull. I was as astonished as you that the game worked so I was very frustrated when the update put a spanner in the works.
Ummm... is there a reason you need to stick with the 1.1 patch? It claims to mainly fix a few problems people were having with next-gen mode and high-end graphics cards your laptop definitely won't have...

Bigwelshmatt1976
22nd Apr 2006, 10:27
The only reason why I installed the patch was because half of the scenery was missing in the second level. I couldn't handle there being no floor all the time.

Leak
22nd Apr 2006, 15:39
The only reason why I installed the patch was because half of the scenery was missing in the second level. I couldn't handle there being no floor all the time.
Are you sure that this isn't because the game wasn't meant to be used with your card? Maybe the scenery is missing because your card lacks the video memory to store it all? (Of course, with the Mobility being a laptop chipset it'd be a tad hard to replace it with anything... :()

Bigwelshmatt1976
22nd Apr 2006, 23:10
I've accepted the fact that this machine isn't really mean't to cope with this sort of software. My next challenge is to collect as many 'brownie points' as I can to buy a new machine. Wish me luck.